Hey Dan….. (merged threads) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hey Dan….. (merged threads)

Reaction Score
Was shocked he held it together as long as he did, I was losing my stuff far earlier watching 5v8. It was 4v8 at times such as when Karaban on the floor the way he played.

Reaction Score
Jackson can get into the paint as well. Hawkins isn't where we want him to be off the bounce, but he can get there against most teams as well.

The problem is that teams are playing Jackson to pass and he hasn't really adjusted, and Hawkins is clearly looking for 3s himself.
Feel like Hawk might’ve felt himself a bit too much. Can’t blame him terribly, as he’s had a few great games recently, and shooters shoot; but he forced some today.

Reaction Score
No one knows what triggered the T.

I think anyone who was watching knows what triggered the T. You can debate whether he should have gotten it, or we can just keep repeating that he embarrassed himself, but I think most people have a pretty good idea what triggered the T.

I should have turned the game off when I saw that gray haired bozo throw up the opening tip.

Reaction Score
Jackson can get into the paint as well. Hawkins isn't where we want him to be off the bounce, but he can get there against most teams as well.

The problem is that teams are playing Jackson to pass and he hasn't really adjusted, and Hawkins is clearly looking for 3s himself.
Jackson can get into the middle of the lane, he is not a threat at all to take it to the rim though. Hawk is slightly more, but even he mainly favors a 15 foot pullup. Diarra is the only guy consistently getting to the rim, and he plays like 8 minutes a game

Reaction Score
There are other factors with the T. The crowd gets super into it. And they get free points. Pushing it to a 6 point game lost the game. The coach getting a T with 2 minutes left is a terrible look.
It’s just completely unacceptable. If he can’t keep his composure at that time of the game, how can he expect his players too??

Reaction Score
Props to X. You take what you are given. Not every team can play to this level against a very, very good UConn team. They were glad with any extra help. They took it.

Reaction Score
If he can’t put together a good lineup with Sanogo and Clingan on the floor together, then it’s important Hurley realize that it’s far easier to exploit Sanogo’s game than it is Clingan’s.

Clingan > Sanogo at basketball.

Reaction Score
I'd like to know how many times Sanogo's man or the man he switched to scored. Two of Karban's fouls were because Sanogo was out of position. I loved Sanogo asking where the team was when his man slipped to the basket for a dunk,

I still have a lot of faith in Hurley and Sanogo, but they have to be better. Neither looked like they had much experience tonight.

-Jackson can just not shoot 12 3's in a game unless he's hitting half of them. Some were bad, early in the shot clock, and I'm not talking about the last few minutes. He was trying to make something happen.
-Newton has to stop the jumping to pass stuff. He was bailed out 1 or 2 times. And his defense needs to be better.
-Sanogo has to have a clue on the defensive end.
-Not even going to discuss Hurley. It's being said on the board. It was obvious.

Reaction Score
On D… Karaban was getting used by Freemantle. Lot of size mismatches for both Nunge and Fremantle.
Johnson, ideally, is the solution here. Sanogo and Clingan together aren't solving that, so you're playing one or the other still getting burned somewhere. Unless you think Springs could have solved it.

This team is very deep except at 4 with Johnson out: but our two 5s shouldn't play together, and one of our taller wings at the 3 won't work against a team like Xavier.

Let's get Johnson back and in the flow ASAP.

Reaction Score
Danny should see a Buddhist. Not just any Buddhist - perhaps the Dalai Lama himself. Total consciousness - that's what he needs.

I don't think everyone is being a sore loser, just frustrated at some questionable decisions, and DH's inability to keep it together in critical moments. Not saying he's not the right guy for the job, but if he does that in an NCAA tournament game at the same moment he did today, you would all be asking for his head. NO question.

Reaction Score
Feel like Hawk might’ve felt himself a bit too much. Can’t blame him terribly, as he’s had a few great games recently, and shooters shoot; but he forced some today.
I actually thought he looked a little tentative on his shots today.

Reaction Score
Sanogo was bad stats aside.
Newton was bad. We’ll leave it at That.
40 3 pt attempts.
Refusal to play clingan and Diarra.

We haven’t worked the ball inside with set plays in 4 games. People are adapting to Sanogo, we need a change.

And that T.

Just gross ending to the game.
Yeah that lack of dribble penetration on our team is bad(Look how many times Xavier went to the line since they had guys who could do that!) and if you don't want to put Diarra in there when we need it then it is just stupid. Don't even talk about the tech. We needed Diarra in there or even play with Newton(who can drive but can't finish or make a pass when doing so). A go to guy who can create his own offense when we need big buckets is are Achilles heel.

Reaction Score
I think that's right. He needs to not just be a shooter. He's playing like Ray Allen when Allen was 30, rather than when he was 25.

Reaction Score
Do we know this? Any tight spot, the same exact issues arise.
Yeah that’s my concern. Not sounding alarm bells yet because there has been a ton of improvement this season, but you don’t love to see it

Reaction Score
Jackson can get into the middle of the lane, he is not a threat at all to take it to the rim though. Hawk is slightly more, but even he mainly favors a 15 foot pullup. Diarra is the only guy consistently getting to the rim, and he plays like 8 minutes a game
Whenever Jackson realizes he can take it to the rim, he'll take it to the rim. Dude can jump over everyone.

Reaction Score
Agreed 100%. Calhoun was a master at purposely taking a tech when the refs were calling a bunch of fouls against us, but he would have done it much earlier in this game. Inexcusable to do it with 2 minutes left, and the team completely fell apart after that.
Go back to Reddit

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s going to take some big balls for Hurley to start giving DC a more deserved minutes that cut into Sanogo’s. But if he does it I’ll be impressed. Tough ask to play a freshman over a NPOY candidate though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom