Hey Dan….. (merged threads) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Hey Dan….. (merged threads)

Reaction Score
This is a really odd take. I was 20 years old and a student at the University when Gentle Ben debuted. I remember his first season very well. It was very clear to anyone who saw him play that he was a gifted scorer from day one.

That’s not what he said. There were questions (including from his head coach) about whether Ben would ditch the passivity with Okafor hurt and take over a game going into the ‘04 Big East Tournament. No one questioned his talent.

Reaction Score
That’s not what he said. There were questions (including from his head coach) about whether Ben would ditch the passivity with Okafor hurt and take over a game going into the ‘04 Big East Tournament. No one questioned his talent.

The boneyard qualifies for this too.

1672535843267.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We also have a tendency to ascribe some revisionist genius to literally everything Calhoun did. It’s human nature.
True, but apparently, so does Calhoun who’s talked about precisely this issue. Of course that’s human nature as well.

Reaction Score
It's not the worst tech I've seen, he's gotten 3 or 4 that have been just as bad as that one.

Calhoun got technicals, but he never got them with 2 minutes left in a 3 point game. We're not winning anything if he can't keep his compusure in a close game.
Good recruiter but he is an absolute joke. A good coach uses a technical foul to light a fire under his team. Not sure if UConn would win this one anyway, but Hurley took their chance away. Disgraceful.

Reaction Score
Do you seriously believe it is the refs job to "monitor" foul discrepancies? If you do, is it your conclusion that the refs should look for "make-up" calls to balance the ledger. Absurd.
Yes, I do believe it’s the refs job to monitor foul discrepancies. If you watch a Cbb game and there’s a large foul discrepancy towards one team, more often than not you see a regression towards the mean, or an adjustment to how they call the game.

No I don’t believe in make up calls to balance the ledger, but I do believe it letting Ticky tack stuff go to help even the ledger.

Again, I’ve stated on this board multiple times today that we didn’t attack the rim enough to get the calls we needed.

But there were enough blunders from the refs today for their decision making to be questioned.

Reaction Score
We barely drive to the rim guys. We took 37(!) threes. That is why we don’t get to the line.
In theory true, but not in practice.

1) There is no guarantee that driving to the rim gets you to the line. These are some of the toughest calls to make, and depending on the official, they may be called offensive fouls, right? I have seen teams take it to the rim and consistently get called for offensive fouls. Just as bad are one sided, no calls. It happens and it is not sour grapes. But in theory driving to the rim IS the way to get to the line.

2) Someone posted (and I can't verify if true) that we had 30 attempts in the paint and we only had 1 foul called on X. That's something.

3) We had 67 attempts to their 52 attempts. 15 extra attempts. If "we barely drive to the rim" indicates possible fouls, then extra attempts should also result in fouls. They did not today. Apparently, X played a very, very, clean game.

The officials were horrible, IMBO. That does not take away from how good X played or the other mistakes UConn or DH made. I am fine with it all. We will learn and I believe we are good enough to win a title.

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
2) Someone posted (and I can't verify if true) that we had 30 attempts in the paint and we only had 1 foul called on X. That's something.

I posted it but I didn't say we had 30 attempts in the paint; we had 30 shots inside the 3 point line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom