Haven’t Seen an 8893 Post in a While | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Haven’t Seen an 8893 Post in a While

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
As far as message boards go the first one I remember was the AOL UConn board. That was dial up internet and maybe somewhere between 1993-95? I feel like the most back and forth we had back then with opposing fans was the UMass Caliparis

I was on there as Chuck981. We also had quite a bit of back and forth with Cuse fans. RRLBEES was as much of a shitposter then as he is today.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Did he used to do alot of recruiting stuff?
I think he ended up went and wrote for some sports blog for a while? His content was gold on here
He used to write for me when I ran a blog. He was a senior in high school when he wrote for me but then he headed off for college. He must be off doing his own thing by now.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Great little throwback thread! Brought back some good memories of some good posters.

I’m just hoping August doesn’t somehow have my ssn he seems to know a lot about everyone.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As far as message boards go the first one I remember was the AOL UConn board. I feel like the most back and forth we had back then with opposing fans was the UMass Caliparis
That was my intro. JKul, Vuce and Chuck I remember liking the most. Then it turned out Chuck was in 8th grade? Anyway, one other bunch of knobs I recall were Johnnie fans.

Reaction Score
That was my intro. JKul, Vuce and Chuck I remember liking the most. Then it turned out Chuck was in 8th grade? Anyway, one other bunch of knobs I recall were Johnnie fans.
I remember those as well. I was on the AOL board and JKul suggested I check out the Boneyard. After the first day on the Yard I never went back to the AOL board. There was a good, infomative poster who went by McD too.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Great little throwback thread! Brought back some good memories of some good posters.

I’m just hoping August doesn’t somehow have my ssn he seems to know a lot about everyone.
Oh, you know I could get your ATM PIN code with a single text.

You’re an easy one in my world. ;)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
GoalsNice! And just the time of year to recharge and try to really give that total a boost in 2023!
Vice Tv Goals GIF by STICK TO SPORTS

Reaction Score
Hey Tom - Who the heck was Dr. Dos? Was that a regular who used that account as a 2nd identity? Or was he a unique contributor? In all my years on these various boards, he was the most unique and odd poster I've ever known.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Hey Tom - Who the heck was Dr. Dos? Was that a regular who used that account as a 2nd identity? Or was he a unique contributor? In all my years on these various boards, he was the most unique and odd poster I've ever known.

Dove is like 12 times odder than he is.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Dove is like 12 times odder than he is.
My mom just called me up to the kitchen. She says your post is rude and uncalled for.

I told her that you calling just ME out was a compliment. She does not agree.

Last edited:

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Lol. I'm Chuck. Have undergone a couple re-brands since then.

And that's a really good memory. I was a lot more active as a poster back then. I was in 8th grade around the 96-97 season I guess. It's been an eventful 25 years and my addiction hasn't yet waned like the other quitters referenced in this thread ;)

What was your alias back then?

JKul was fantastic -- a reliable source of recruiting news before it became an industry onto itself. Also, hi @Vuce

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Lol. I'm Chuck. Have undergone a couple re-brands since then.

And that's a really good memory. I was a lot more active as a poster back then. I was in 8th grade around the 96-97 season I guess. It's been an eventful 25 years and my addiction hasn't yet waned like the other quitters referenced in this thread ;)

What was your alias back then?

JKul was fantastic -- a reliable source of recruiting news before it became an industry onto itself. Also, hi @Vuce
This feels like the largest gathering/referencing of AOL boardmates ever, dating back to mid-90s when I had a second phone number by way of work, to be able to call into and do tech support on voice mail systems. The dialup days.

I'm part of those who transferred over to The Boneyard in the months after the 1999 NC. I have no recollection what I called myself on AOL (my email/screen name?), or afterward in early independent BY, Scout, Rivals, and the brief return to whichever one of those came first, before going independent again.

@Beaner's link above to the 9-page 2013 BY history thread is valuable & recommended history. I was surprised to see several posts I'd written in there, showing up a few pages into the thread, after I was already thinking, "How did I never see this thread before?" Doh.

There's also a link in there to an August 2011 history post, which I did not yet visit because I got distracted last night by the second half shift to a full-on beat down in the Syracuse-Illinois game, essentially a prolonged rubbernecking delay where I could not look away. It was no less compelling than watching the late game, heartbreakimg losses against St John's and Bryant. I don't even actively dislike the Orange; I like watching them lose. Their road to a losing season last March was great TV drama, and the new season won't let go.

I still find it interesting to see who else started here (on which particular) day during the 4th week of August 2011, and which few show a 3rd week (pre-launch/soft-opening) date.

Still my favorite waste of time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did anyone here ever used to be on the ESPN UConn board? I used to get into a fight with some poster TruthorUConsequences that must have been a Nova troll
Oh, I remember. At one point he did appear and apologize, not sure if it was towards the end of the ESPN board days or another forum, but I can't find it back, haven't been able to. But I do recall in that post that he said a lot of rough things were going on in his life and he didn't have any friends or many prospects (job and otherwise), which I guess led to trolling several boards as an outlet to the extreme boredom. But that is the thing with trolls, happy people don't behave that way. They have no reason to because they are already happy with themselves. Trolls are angry and/or sad people. Always.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It's a two way ignore. If you have someone on ignore, you can only see the threads they start, not their replies in other threads.

Click your username in the top breadcrumb, then "Your Ignored Content." You have 14 people on ignore. It's pretty easy to accidentally ignore a forum, thread, or user. I get weekly DMs asking "why can't I see [forum, thread, user].

Im not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but it's something.

There is another ignore though, one not in this count. I'm absolutely bitten by this because someone either is a giant pansy, or a mod had a power trip. Either way, it's BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom