Haven’t Seen an 8893 Post in a While | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Haven’t Seen an 8893 Post in a While

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Did anyone here ever used to be on the ESPN UConn board? I used to get into a fight with some poster TruthorUConsequences that must have been a Nova troll

I remember that guy well. He was literally as dumb as they come, a hater's hater. He even called Connecticut a "trailer park state" LOL

Then there were the BC guys, thought they were some football and basketball powerhouse. One of them was BCAlum, argued with everybody

I'm not sure who took over the mod jobs there, but I was banned for posting stuff like Uconn's records or talking about our 20+ game winning streak against BC. Bizarre, somebody couldn't take a counter punch

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The leaching field is a boring echo chamber, nothing interesting going on over there. The cesspool was fun until it got a bit too personal for some. It seems like a lot of the drama revolved around Scal*to and Whaler, I hope they're both well.
Best thing I did was quit it for good when it switched. The rules here keep us laser focused on basketball [and pizza, beer, whiskey, movies, TV, YouTube, Pro Sports, tires, stoves, fire pits, travel, the whereabouts of missing members, wild weddings in Scotland, cutting the cord and about 1000 other things that don't usually make us hate each other].

Reaction Score
Best thing I did was quit it for good when it switched. The rules here keep us laser focused on basketball [and pizza, beer, whiskey, movies, TV, YouTube, Pro Sports, tires, stoves, fire pits, travel, the whereabouts of missing members, wild weddings in Scotland, cutting the cord and about 1000 other things that don't usually make us hate each other].
I still hate you but now it’s for your basketball takes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I still hate you but now it’s for your basketball takes.
Ted Lasso GIF by Apple TV+

Reaction Score
I remember that guy well. He was literally as dumb as they come, a hater's hater. He even called Connecticut a "trailer park state" LOL

Then there were the BC guys, thought they were some football and basketball powerhouse. One of them was BCAlum, argued with everybody

I'm not sure who took over the mod jobs there, but I was banned for posting stuff like Uconn's records or talking about our 20+ game winning streak against BC. Bizarre, somebody couldn't take a counter punch
Yeah! BCAlum, forgot about that guy. And yeah I got banned multiple times as well. I think Truth or other trolls would just email the mods to complain. It was a show. The old ESPN boards were pretty fun, especially just the overall college basketball one.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Thanks! That will make the world a better place.
I fear that Nelson will spontaneously combust if not given an outlet there for all his gaseousness.

And even if the moonbats of Leach Field go away, there's still the invite-only email group of wingnuts that's out there.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Oh, I remember. At one point he did appear and apologize, not sure if it was towards the end of the ESPN board days or another forum, but I can't find it back, haven't been able to. But I do recall in that post that he said a lot of rough things were going on in his life and he didn't have any friends or many prospects (job and otherwise), which I guess led to trolling several boards as an outlet to the extreme boredom. But that is the thing with trolls, happy people don't behave that way. They have no reason to because they are already happy with themselves. Trolls are angry and/or sad people. Always.
One of the great unspoken consequences of conference realignment has been the graveyard of opposing fan accounts left to collect dust. Gone are the days of daily active syracuse fans trying to stake their claims of equivalence. Or the entirety of the Rutgers fanbase, rutgersal himself.

Now we’re left with weird, whiny providence kids who occasionally try to act like they’re going through a growth spurt.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Someone registered your username and has been posting for months. Kind of had a feeling it wasn't you. I agree with too many of his posts.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
He used to write for me when I ran a blog. He was a senior in high school when he wrote for me but then he headed off for college. He must be off doing his own thing by now.

We had a former tennis player of mine write for a time at Rivals. He's now a fantasy football guru, working for the NFL. Incredibly bright kid, and in four years never lost a match in state competition.

It's a little funny seeing him interview NFL players. He's maybe 5' 5", a buck 40 at best, standing next to monster football players.

I loved listening to opposing players talking to their coach after warmups. "I've got this. This kid sucks. Why is he even playing?"

He never lost, even at the highest level of state competition. Winning ugly is still winning.

Reaction Score
We had a former tennis player of mine write for a time at Rivals. He's now a fantasy football guru, working for the NFL. Incredibly bright kid, and in four years never lost a match in state competition.

It's a little funny seeing him interview NFL players. He's maybe 5' 5", a buck 40 at best, standing next to monster football players.

I loved listening to opposing players talking to their coach after warmups. "I've got this. This kid sucks. Why is he even playing?"

He never lost, even at the highest level of state competition. Winning ugly is still winning.
Interesting he was that size and such a good tennis player

Reaction Score
Yeah! BCAlum, forgot about that guy. And yeah I got banned multiple times as well. I think Truth or other trolls would just email the mods to complain. It was a show. The old ESPN boards were pretty fun, especially just the overall college basketball one.
lol, I remember BCAlum too. I recall there was an ongoing theory that BCAlum and Truth (and even a few other prominent trolls) were all one and the same. There was some convincing evidence. I mean, I do recall they had similar styles of writing and vocabulary.

Reaction Score
There were a few guys on the UConnBall website that I remember being very in tune with recruiting and the staff. Can't remember their usernames but that site was when I first started posting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was the idea behind the cesspool, and it worked pretty well initially. After a while though, people took their cesspool vendettas to the main board and some of the no holds barred language, responses and attitude creeped into the main board as well. With the benefit of hindsight, that was probably unavoidable. But in the early days of it, it was hysterical. Then again, those were different times too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone remember ChapWilVaug? Classic
Sure do. I used to half wonder if he had had a stroke or something.

Reactions: THC

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Sure do. I used to half wonder if he had had a stroke or something.

He reminded me of a guy who posted on the women's board. He wrote dictionaries for a living. Off the charts smart, but rarely made sense.

@HuskyNan Do you remember who I'm thinking of? Still around?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lol. I'm Chuck. Have undergone a couple re-brands since then.

And that's a really good memory. I was a lot more active as a poster back then. I was in 8th grade around the 96-97 season I guess. It's been an eventful 25 years and my addiction hasn't yet waned like the other quitters referenced in this thread ;)

What was your alias back then?

JKul was fantastic -- a reliable source of recruiting news before it became an industry onto itself. Also, hi @Vuce
Hey Chuck, nice to become reaquainted! I assume you still bleed Husky Blue! I was Waquoit95 on AOL back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom