Haven’t Seen an 8893 Post in a While | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Haven’t Seen an 8893 Post in a While

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He doing really well. He’s a member of the CT Bar now (UConn law grad) still follows all uconn sports religiously and is in a nice relationship. He had a love/hate thing with message boards, and I think the break is great for him.
So your saying he hid his boneyard handle from his employers?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Out of all the posters in all of BY he was more off putting than the whole lot of you combined. Requires a special kind of special to be that level of numb nut.;)
Stainmaster is actually a genuinely great dude and longtime friend. And he is, by far, the most knowledgable UConn sports fan I know. He is an encyclopedia for the baseball, basketball and football teams.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@Stainmaster Is a legitimately nice and thoughtful guy through our interactions on here and other forums. Just actually asked a mutual friend how he was doing the other since I don't have direct contact information.

@tzznandrew covered @intz well above. Another genuinely solid guy. Hope he comes back some day.

Believe it or not, but @huskyfandan is also a good guy. Met him in person once to watch a game in NYC. No, he wasn't wearing a husky mascot costume.

Reaction Score
Well, we've done pretty well this season without him being here. We can't mess with the mojo now.
Coincidence? I think not.
FCD0B055-0A95-4448-BEB6-AD13F8C8B022.jpeg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think the cesspool broke him. He asked to have his account disable. I hope he comes back some day.
I never understand that whole “disable my account“ or “delete my account“. If you’re done, just don’t log in anymore, which may well be what 8893 is doing.

Reaction Score
I never understand that whole “disable my account“ or “delete my account“. If you’re done, just don’t log in anymore, which may well be what 8893 is doing.
I think it's the whole addiction thing. Even if you swear it off and it's still out there for your access scary stuff can happen. Stain was tired of being a junky and the temptation needed to be eliminated.

A lot of people went a little crazy on the cesspool and either banned themselves or asked to be deleted, at least that's my understanding.

Reaction Score
Maybeit’s an addiction. Some people need their access revoked to stay away.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's fine. Totally offline now (other than video games). Like, I texted him last year when we were on a run and he hadn't been online or watched a UConn game. I hope he's turned on one this year.
Thanks. Another good dude. I met him during a Calhoun walk for charity and he spent the entire walk it seemed making more calls for the charity.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
respect, I had fell out of watching CBB except for a few games here and there, trying to get back into it, this is a fun UConn team to watch.
FWIW, I always read you as a true basketball fan. I can believe that a team that plays team ball would pique your interest.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
@Stainmaster Is a legitimately nice and thoughtful guy through our interactions on here and other forums. Just actually asked a mutual friend how he was doing the other since I don't have direct contact information.
And...?

Reaction Score
Did anyone here ever used to be on the ESPN UConn board? I used to get into a fight with some poster TruthorUConsequences that must have been a Nova troll
Lol I distinctly remember that name without any actual recollection of their posts or and interaction I may have had with them

Reaction Score
Talked to him over the holiday weekend. He's good. We didn't talk about why he's not here or anything, but I can confirm he is alive. :)
Aww.. this is great. It’s like the dog story but 88 went to someone else’s house, and can talk on the phone, and didn’t have bandages on his paws from sleeping in the woods.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Aww.. this is great. It’s like the dog story but 88 went someone else’s house and can talk on the phone and didn’t have bandages on his paws from sleeping in the woods.
It kinda is. I hadn't heard back from a guy recently and only found out what happened when I read his obit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32