Haven’t Seen an 8893 Post in a While | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Haven’t Seen an 8893 Post in a While

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So a question for those who know the answer. For how long has there been some iteration of the BY online? I started coming here in 1997-1998 when I was in law school at Pittsburgh. I think it was McDs back then, and I was PittsburghHuskyFan.

A brief history on the formation of the BY would be a great read.
As far as message boards go the first one I remember was the AOL UConn board. That was dial up internet and maybe somewhere between 1993-95? I feel like the most back and forth we had back then with opposing fans was the UMass Caliparis

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So a question for those who know the answer. For how long has there been some iteration of the BY online? I started coming here in 1997-1998 when I was in law school at Pittsburgh. I think it was McDs back then, and I was PittsburghHuskyFan.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Talked to him over the holiday weekend. He's good. We didn't talk about why he's not here or anything, but I can confirm he is alive. :)
I think he is actively liking posts, tho.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Speaking of disappearances, whatever happened to Intlzncaster?
Combo of work related and, I believe, he became disenchanted with The Boneyard over some Cesspool stuff plus The Boneyard's reaction to KO after the firing.

Hope Intlzncaster is present in a new iteration.

Couple of other losses:
Dogmania - his postgame reports should have been named "Dogmania Long Johns". If anyone wrote a long post that post would be identified as Dogmania in nature. Life happened I believe for him.
@champs99and04 - made Dogmania posts look @Waquoit brief. Kid was going to college (NH?). Was very popular until he took issue on something that the majority of posters reamed him over. Still is a member and recently made a post. But a shame he's less interactive.

Posters that have recently contributed that were absent or very quiet whose contributions I admire:
@caw
@aceboon

And most of all:
@Gurleyman

Great to see you back!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Where is Stainmaster/Strawmaster/Stairmaster?

I honestly can't remember which one was his handle but he was fun.
He doing really well. He’s a member of the CT Bar now (UConn law grad) still follows all uconn sports religiously and is in a nice relationship. He had a love/hate thing with message boards, and I think the break is great for him.

Reaction Score
what happened to the poster that only posted once before the Louisville game in 2011 that psyched up the board and convinced us we were going to win it all?

August_West

Reaction Score
@August_West is Santa Claus, confirmed.

I've just been here a long time, and met a bunch of you nutjobs. Gone to games with many here. Some come to my gigs, some I see at games. UConn nation is vast and interesting. You automatically have at least one common interest, so it's easy . :)

Unfortunately Im starting to look like Santa Claus though.

Reaction Score
Combo of work related and, I believe, he became disenchanted with The Boneyard over some Cesspool stuff plus The Boneyard's reaction to KO after the firing.

Hope Intlzncaster is present in a new iteration.

Couple of other losses:
Dogmania - his postgame reports should have been named "Dogmania Long Johns". If anyone wrote a long post that post would be identified as Dogmania in nature. Life happened I believe for him.
@champs99and04 - made Dogmania posts look @Waquoit brief. Kid was going to college (NH?). Was very popular until he took issue on something that the majority of posters reamed him over. Still is a member and recently made a post. But a shame he's less interactive.

Posters that have recently contributed that were absent or very quiet whose contributions I admire:
@caw
@aceboon

And most of all:
@Gurleyman

Great to see you back!
respect, I had fell out of watching CBB except for a few games here and there, trying to get back into it, this is a fun UConn team to watch.

August_West

Reaction Score
'Oops, I read it wrong. Seven people ignore you.
napoleon dynamite yes GIF

Reaction Score
For any of you who may be interested. Being ignored doesn't sting as much as you might think.
For what it's worth, I regularly read and respect most of your comments and opinions. Truth

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

There is yet another epic saga describing the pre-Boneyard days, when a bunch of us wandered, nomadically, around the world wide web, trashing or breaking every free message board where we set up camp.

Sharing space with those lunatics from Fresno State was epic.

Reaction Score
He doing really well. He’s a member of the CT Bar now (UConn law grad) still follows all uconn sports religiously and is in a nice relationship. He had a love/hate thing with message boards, and I think the break is great for him.
I think we all have a love/hate. There have been times when I've swore off the BY as not good for my mental health but it's usually after a comment that I made gets universally trashed. I think I said Gaffney was useless or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom