OT: - Hats off to Tom Brady | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Hats off to Tom Brady

Reaction Score
Hey some are overplaying it no doubt but you are certainly underplaying it. I mean they were all bad throws, the one over the hands of the receiver was on a 3rd down where a FG was a certain OT at least an 8 point lead, but an INT was potentially a loss. Defense saved him, his 2nd half was awful but he won. He made big plays too no doubt the one to Gronk huge.

He's the GOAT but a 74 QB rating isn't going to win the next one I can guarantee that.
It's upstater. Take it with a grain of salt. He's still conducting football air pressure experiments in his basement to clear Tommy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Every Pats fan I know is pulling for Brady. After 20 years, we are Brady fans too.

I wasn't. Was hoping for Rodgers to get another shot. I am originally from KC, so the Chiefs have always been my #2 team. So I'll be rooting against Tom again.

Tom is the GOAT, but his defense won that game. That's not new. His defense certainly won the last Super Bowl he was in as well. And the first. What he is doing at his age is remarkable, no doubt about it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Gonna be great story lines Brady vs Mahomes or the Bills searching for their first Super Bowl, not having Brady in the way in the AFC East get to the Super Bowl and that guy is still in their way at age 43 at his home in Tampa.

140849210_10159013129357206_8998891208886326684_n.jpg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yahoo reporting some Tom Brady contract incentives:

He got 500k for making the playoffs
He got 250k for beating the Skins.
He just got 500k for making it to the SB.

I'm sure he needed it for extra Ramen. Poor guy.

Reaction Score
Huh?

Did you read what I wrote?

I covered the throw that tipped off Evans' fingers?

Yeah you said the 'one bad throw" it was the best of the bad throws and it wasn't well timed, could've killed them. Because it was off the tips of his fingers makes it ok?

Reaction Score
Part of me is pulling for Brady because of how angry it's going to make Belichick but I do not think they have even the slightest chance of beating Kansas City.

He was not very good yesterday but when you give him some toys to play with he can still sling it. Pretty nice to go from N'Keal Harry, a broken down, occasionally available Julian Edelman and a coach who treats you like a ten year old to the pieces he has in Tampa and a dude like Bruce Arians.

Reaction Score
No, Rodgers is the best QB I've ever seen and LT is the best football player I've ever seen.

the most talented is a different convo than who has had the best career - and, if the point is to win football games, almost an entirely pointless conversation to have.

Its inarguable that Brady has had the most successful career of any football player ever

Reaction Score
the most talented is a different convo than who has had the best career - and, if the point is to win football games, almost an entirely pointless conversation to have.

Its inarguable that Brady has had the most successful career of any football player ever
You asked if I think Brady is the greatest QB ever? He's the best title winning QB ever because he's won the most but it's not tennis, it's a team game. Rogers is the greatest QB I've ever seen. He's had lousy coaching, lousy defenses, and very few weapons throughout his career and his lack of titles is reflective of that. I didn't think Montana was the greatest before Brady either. I didn't watch Bradshaw but I bet I would've thought there were a bunch of better QB's than him.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You asked if I think Brady is the greatest QB ever? He's the best title winning QB ever because he's won the most but it's not tennis, it's a team game. Rogers is the greatest QB I've ever seen. He's had lousy coaching, lousy defenses, and very few weapons throughout his career and his lack of titles is reflective of that. I didn't think Montana was the greatest before Brady either. I didn't watch Bradshaw but I bet I would've thought there were a bunch of better QB's than him.

I get your point, but Rodgers has had some stellar teams. They haven't all been bad. And he certainly had much better weapons this year than Brady had last year...by a lot. Better weapons than Brady had in the 2018 superbowl too.

The best I've seen from the way you are looking at it is probably Peyton Manning. Brady and Rodgers are top 5. Next, maybe Marino. It is hard to judge Marino though, because what he and Fouts did was play an offensive style that was a decade ahead of what was to come. Montana was a perfect fit for Walsh's offense. His ability to lead receivers and generate YAC was unmatched.

Brady benefitted from the fact that they built the offense to suit him. Timing throws in rhythm with precise route running and complex pre-snap adjustments based on what Brady saw. When he got to Tampa, Bruce changed his system and Brady still struggled at first. They have receivers galore down there and added Antonio Brown and Gronk to what was already a top group. Brady can't improvise worth a crap. It isn't what he does. QBs are successful in part based on their skills matching the offensive scheme. That's where Rodgers has a gripe.

Reaction Score
I hate the whole Greatest Of All Time term, which fairly or not, is what diminishes Brady’s appeal for me. There is no GOAT! It’s okay to say he is one of the greatest of all time, or that he has won the most Superbowls, but too many factors go into a team’s success beyond individual quarterbacks. And even if Brady won a Super Bowl in a given year, usually I’d place other QBs ahead of him in terms of arm strength or accuracy etc.

Reaction Score

Obviously, it’s not just entirely just about the rings - talent plays a role too. But, you seem to be forgetting that Brady has the statistical significant seasons as well.

The Bradshaw comparison is an insult to the intelligence of any football fan.

Reaction Score
Obviously, it’s not just entirely just about the rings - talent plays a role too. But, you seem to be forgetting that Brady has the statistical significant seasons as well.

Rodgers just doesn't have it in the clutch, Peyton Manning even better in the clutch in fact Eli has more of the clutch gene that that Rodgers doesn't have. In the playoffs its harder and things won't go perfectly, how do you respond when the pressure is on and the stakes are the highest. Rodgers looks a little shell shocked, in these big games as a Giants fan I saw it in 2011, in those 2 superbowls against Brady you had to hold your breath in a game where he got his face beat in the first one and 2nd one was a Pats team who honestly wasnt very good.

Reaction Score
Rodgers isnt Peyton Manning, Rodgers had his chance to do what Peyton did in 2006 AFC Championship game and couldn't pull it off. Peyton also went to 4 superbowls at least and did go 3-2 against Brady.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I hate the whole Greatest Of All Time term, which fairly or not, is what diminishes Brady’s appeal for me. There is no GOAT! It’s okay to say he is one of the greatest of all time, or that he has won the most Superbowls, but too many factors go into a team’s success beyond individual quarterbacks. And even if Brady won a Super Bowl in a given year, usually I’d place other QBs ahead of him in terms of arm strength or accuracy etc.

It's actually one of the easier claims in all of major sports. No QB has accomplished anywhere near what Brady has done at the individual level or team level.

Reaction Score
Rodgers is really really good but when you look back on the big picture of their careers, he’s just not Brady

Reaction Score
Got to say this looks like the seniors working out at the gym I went to, that unfortunately is closed permanently .
I hope nobody took my picture working out so that it doesn't get posted on the BY.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
he's a member of the hof all 2000s team.
he's a member of the hof all 2010s team.
will he be a member of the hof all 2020s team?
idk. do you?
he says that he'll only play a couple of more seasons. idk. do you?
after that peyton season where he won the super bowl, with aboot a handful of tosses per game, and none ever longer than 3 feet, im convinced that game management by the qb is all that matters.
here's to hoping that ol tom terrific takes his fish oil.

Reaction Score
I get your point, but Rodgers has had some stellar teams. They haven't all been bad. And he certainly had much better weapons this year than Brady had last year...by a lot. Better weapons than Brady had in the 2018 superbowl too.

The best I've seen from the way you are looking at it is probably Peyton Manning. Brady and Rodgers are top 5. Next, maybe Marino. It is hard to judge Marino though, because what he and Fouts did was play an offensive style that was a decade ahead of what was to come. Montana was a perfect fit for Walsh's offense. His ability to lead receivers and generate YAC was unmatched.

Brady benefitted from the fact that they built the offense to suit him. Timing throws in rhythm with precise route running and complex pre-snap adjustments based on what Brady saw. When he got to Tampa, Bruce changed his system and Brady still struggled at first. They have receivers galore down there and added Antonio Brown and Gronk to what was already a top group. Brady can't improvise worth a crap. It isn't what he does. QBs are successful in part based on their skills matching the offensive scheme. That's where Rodgers has a gripe.
He's had some weapons Davante Adams is the best receiver he's ever had, Jordy Nelson, Jennings, Driver. Jermichael Finley is the best tight end he ever had. For Rodgers career his defenses rank 16th in the nfl, for Brady's career his defenses rank 7th nfl. Brady has had a top 10 defense 17 times, he's had the #1 defense 3 times. Rodgers has had a top 10 defense 3 times, the one time he had a top 5 defense is his one Super Bowl win. The biggest difference is at the top though...Mike McCarthy is a garbage coach, Belichick is arguably the best ever...This all goes to my point that it's a team game.

Reaction Score

I don't forget at all Brady has great statistics, some of the best ever. Rodgers has the best statistics ever.

I brought up Montana and Bradshaw because all anyone in this thread and everywhere else talks about is rings. Somehow the game of football is only about rings and QB's. I used to argue all the time with people when I was younger about Montana. They all said he was the best football player ever, he wasn't even the best player on his own team and you can make a pretty strong argument his backup quarterback was better than him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom