OT: - Hats off to Tom Brady | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Hats off to Tom Brady

Reaction Score
tom terrific.

discount double check guy should change his name to rug, cuz he regularly gets beaten.
i recently learned of an interesting brady life hack, highly besmirched by many health/doctor/supergenius monkeys. it seems mr brady believes, and practices a 'trick' to prevent/reduce sun burn. his routine, after a long exposure, is to drink extra water. he swears by this while many 'experts' swear at him for this. so if sunburn is just inflammation (fire in the body), and mr brady offers extra water as a possible preventative therapy.... i know, shocking right? the man understands more aboot keeping his machine in good working order, with simple and commonsensical thinking, than a stadium full of nutritionists. he never even got caught up in big weights training. better living thru wisdom.
as a kali kid, he first goes to the cold and snow of michigan, learns the game played in that weather, then goes to sideways ice blowing, sometimes hurricanes, always a blizzard or two, crazy hot early fall new england, and ruins the record for winning. mebbe forever. then, a bit long in the tooth, he does what many new englanders often do. he retires to florida. to try and win more super bowls. smart dude. great team leader.
tampa hits hard on defense. noice. makes the other team tired and a bit nervous aboot getting blown up. always did, always does.
Grrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooonnnnnnnnnkkkkkk! JPP!

tom terrific. nuff said.
Yikes, Tom Terrific is Tom Seaver.

Reaction Score
Rodgers coach took the ball out of his hands on fourth and goal. Can't do that at that point in the game. AR loves GB fans/history/tradition.. Could see HC growing pains having an impact on his off season decisions.

Brady did not have his A game Sunday. Did make some plays at the right time (ie, Miller TD pass/play call) Receivers dropped some catchable balls. Defenders dropped some additional catchable interceptions. Game was won in the trenches.

As Bobby Knight would say. Win and advance. TB won.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You dont need to always be great to win you do whats required to win. Brady made the throws that mattered and was smart enough to not try and get into a shootout with Rodgers. The TD at the end of the half and the TD after the Jones fumble those 14 pts in a total of 1 minute. Brady did turn it over 3 times difference is Rodgers couldn't capitalize off of it.

Yes he didnt get much help but he had opportunities in the 4th with enough time on the clock down 5 pts. I dont know why Rodgers didnt stay on the field and talk Lafleur into going for it on 4th down when you saw Brady, even Peyton Manning would talk his coach into going for it Mahomes as well.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Guy did everything to lose the game and still gets back to the Super Bowl which is in his home stadium. Dude has the biggest horseshoe up his arse. Feel terribly for Rodgers, not sure what more he can do.

Leadership

Confidence

Chemistry

WINNING

UConn fans should appreciate this as much if not more than anybody. It describes our greatest years

Reaction Score
sez you. not me.
It was actually one of the lamest things Brady has done, it's totally unsurprising you would latch onto the nickname and still use it even though Brady is embarrassed by it.

Reaction Score
Guy did everything to lose the game and still gets back to the Super Bowl which is in his home stadium. Dude has the biggest horseshoe up his arse. Feel terribly for Rodgers, not sure what more he can do.
Says the Brady hater.

Reaction Score
You dont need to always be great to win you do whats required to win. Brady made the throws that mattered and was smart enough to not try and get into a shootout with Rodgers. The TD at the end of the half and the TD after the Jones fumble those 14 pts in a total of 1 minute. Brady did turn it over 3 times difference is Rodgers couldn't capitalize off of it.

Yes he didnt get much help but he had opportunities in the 4th with enough time on the clock down 5 pts. I dont know why Rodgers didnt stay on the field and talk Lafleur into going for it on 4th down when you saw Brady, even Peyton Manning would talk his coach into going for it Mahomes as well.

I mean, who really cares about interceptions on heaves on 3rd down 40+ yards downfield into the opponent's end? It is relatively meaningless as a football play goes.

The one bad throw from Brady was the one to Evans off of his hands over the middle. It took points off the board. I get what Brady was trying to do, going over the LB undercutting the route, but Brady hits that pass 99 times out of 100, it's his specialty. That throw took points off the board.

The other two INTs were meaningless. Anytime you heave the ball like that way downfield, it's as good as a punt. It obviously didn't hurt him. Otherwise, Brady was money in all the important throws in the game, and the stat line would look much better too if not for the weird amount of drops, 6. But, the drops went both ways. D Adams made a huge drop in the end zone. You can't blame that on Rodgers. All the drops were on the WRs from Godwin, Evans, down to the Packers guys.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
this 'goat' thing in sport is a fun pastime. everybody comes armed with data dogmas, since the vast majority of candidates have sumthin in their resumes to latch onto. however, if it's sport we're talking aboot, where winning is the only unbiased data point ('it's the only thing'), then only 3 recents make my 'kiss my grits, im the best ever. check my championship wins resume.'
tom terrific.
mariano the great.
geno.

Reaction Score
I mean, who really cares about interceptions on heaves on 3rd down 40+ yards downfield into the opponent's end? It is relatively meaningless as a football play goes.

The one bad throw from Brady was the one to Evans off of his hands over the middle. It took points off the board. I get what Brady was trying to do, going over the LB undercutting the route, but Brady hits that pass 99 times out of 100, it's his specialty. That throw took points off the board.

The other two INTs were meaningless. Anytime you heave the ball like that way downfield, it's as good as a punt. It obviously didn't hurt him. Otherwise, Brady was money in all the important throws in the game, and the stat line would look much better too if not for the weird amount of drops, 6. But, the drops went both ways. D Adams made a huge drop in the end zone. You can't blame that on Rodgers. All the drops were on the WRs from Godwin, Evans, down to the Packers guys.

Hey some are overplaying it no doubt but you are certainly underplaying it. I mean they were all bad throws, the one over the hands of the receiver was on a 3rd down where a FG was a certain OT at least an 8 point lead, but an INT was potentially a loss. Defense saved him, his 2nd half was awful but he won. He made big plays too no doubt the one to Gronk huge.

He's the GOAT but a 74 QB rating isn't going to win the next one I can guarantee that.

Reaction Score
A pretty average game for Brady. Three second-half INTs--and I believe only 78 passing yards--in a conference championship game on the road, I wonder what the odds are that you win that game.

It's going to take years for Green Bay to get over that game. They played about as poorly as possible. They seemed tight all game, plenty of mistakes and missed opportunities both from the players and obviously the coaches.

Reaction Score
You’d have to have been lobotomized to honestly believe Brady hasn’t had the greatest career of any QB ever.

10 Super Bowl appearances in 19 seasons is not luck. To have done that with 2 different teams in the salary cap era of the NFL is beyond belief.

Reaction Score
I think everyone here is saying TB is the greatest ever. What a lot of us are also saying is that if Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson, etc. had the exact same game as Brady did yesterday, people wouldn’t be falling all over themselves to excuse 3 picks and another one or two that GB missed. The Bucs defense won that game with a few really questionable decisions by the GB coaching staff. Brady was mediocre (but yes still the best ever in case we need to clarify).

Reaction Score
Tomlinson's most common nickname was LT. He was known as that throughout his career.

Good player but they should've found another nickname for the poor guy. The real LT owns it and deserves it but who cares, they can both have it doesn't matter to me.

Reaction Score
Hey some are overplaying it no doubt but you are certainly underplaying it. I mean they were all bad throws, the one over the hands of the receiver was on a 3rd down where a FG was a certain OT at least an 8 point lead, but an INT was potentially a loss. Defense saved him, his 2nd half was awful but he won. He made big plays too no doubt the one to Gronk huge.

He's the GOAT but a 74 QB rating isn't going to win the next one I can guarantee that.
Huh?

Did you read what I wrote?

I covered the throw that tipped off Evans' fingers?

Reaction Score
I think everyone here is saying TB is the greatest ever. What a lot of us are also saying is that if Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson, etc. had the exact same game as Brady did yesterday, people wouldn’t be falling all over themselves to excuse 3 picks and another one or two that GB missed. The Bucs defense won that game with a few really questionable decisions by the GB coaching staff. Brady was mediocre (but yes still the best ever in case we need to clarify).

@superjohn you agree that Brady is the greatest QB ever?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom