OT: - Hats off to Tom Brady | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Hats off to Tom Brady

Reaction Score
You guys, in this thread, @superjohn has grouped Brady, Montana and Bradshaw together and argued that Steve Young was a better QB than Montana.

all of the above delegitimizes his thoughts on the sport of football. Don’t give him the time of day here.

Reaction Score
Lol you realize if mahomes wins this year and doesn't play another game he would likely get into the hall of fame? Also your argument for Rodgers is QBR? yikes.
Passer rating, TD's, Int's, yards.

You realize three season isn't considered a career for franchise quarterbacks?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Passer rating, TD's, Int's, yards.

You realize three season isn't considered a career for franchise quarterbacks?

If he wins the superbowl in 2 weeks he could retire and he would be a top 5 qb ever. There is 0 argument about this.

Reaction Score
You guys, in this thread, @superjohn has grouped Brady, Montana and Bradshaw together and argued that Steve Young was a better QB than Montana.

all of the above delegitimizes his thoughts on the sport of football. Don’t give him the time of day here.
You mischaracterized what I said twice in this thread and ran with it, you hump.

Reaction Score
Mahomes and Rogers are the most gifted QBs I've ever seen. Mobility, accuracy, etc. P. Manning and Dan Marino might be the best passers ever.

Tom Brady is the greatest QB who ever lived and if you asked me to pick one player to win me one game I'd pick Tom Brady.

I'm not a Pats fan and I cannot fathom how this is a conversation.

Reaction Score
Why so few starts? Durability problems perhaps? He has played for 15 years.
Sat behind Favre for first 3 seasons and is 37. Brees played until 41, Brady still playing at 43, and Manning 39.

Reaction Score
You mischaracterized what I said twice in this thread and ran with it, you hump.

sorry I don’t speak Dumb, so I must’ve misunderstood what you said.

Brady has appeared in 10 super bowl in 19 seasons. In the salary cap era with two different teams in a league that is designed for parity.

He was the first QB to throw 50 td passes in a season. Author of iconic moment after iconic moment.

you are pretzeling your arguments and contorting your words into grotesque parodies of intelligent conversation simply because you want to be contrarian or just flat out don’t like the guy (or both)

Reaction Score
Post Season TD passes
20210125_181314.jpg

Reaction Score
Not to oversimplify anything, but I move to basketball to make an analogy.

There has been a great debate over who was better, Russell or Chamberlin. I think Chamberlin had better statistics overall, but Russell' s teams had more championships by far while the two were playing in that era.

Maybe, it comes down to that.

I don't think that holds up in this case because Brady, in addition to obviously having won way more than Rogers, is ahead of him in a bunch of statistical categories too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rodgers has the best passer rating for a career, best QBR rating for a career, fastest ever to 400 touchdowns, best td% ever for a career in modern era, best int% ever for a career.

Rodgers has started 190 games, Brees 286 games, Brady 299, Peyton 265. Of course he's behind them in all-time passing yardage and TD's.

You are mixing stats of "career in a modern era" with "career" and then you use arbitrary stats of "this QB hasn't played long enough for his stats to count" and then say "Rodgers hasn't played as long as other QB's so his stats won't be as good or accomplished".

No one in this thread is saying Rodgers isn't an elite QB; he's just not as good as Brady.

Reaction Score
sorry I don’t speak Dumb, so I must’ve misunderstood what you said.

Brady has appeared in 10 super bowl in 19 seasons. In the salary cap era with two different teams in a league that is designed for parity.

He was the first QB to throw 50 td passes in a season. Author of iconic moment after iconic moment.

you are pretzeling your arguments and contorting your words into grotesque parodies of intelligent conversation simply because you want to be contrarian or just flat out don’t like the guy (or both)
I'm not pretzling anything...

You asked me if Brady is the greatest QB ever, I answered Rodgers is the greatest I've ever seen. You either didn't like my answer or don't know how to read because you mischaracterized what I said. I told you I don't judge a player as the greatest ever because they have the most rings and gave you reasons why I think Brady has 6 rings and Rodgers only has one. Pointed out I watched Montana and didn't think he was the best either, Bradshaw I didn't watch but I think there were a bunch of better QB's than him.

I get it, you think Brady is the greatest because 6 rings, you've said it over and over and most people will agree with you. Bill Russell is another one who has the most rings. Didn't watch him live but from what I've seen and read I think WIlt, Kareem, Jordan, Magic, and Bird were all better than him.

Reaction Score
I don't think that holds up in this case because Brady, in addition to obviously having won way more than Rogers, is ahead of him in a bunch of statistical categories too.
Statistically Chamberlain is way way better than Russell.

Statistically Tom Brady is one of the greatest QBs ever without a ring. He just has 6 of them and is playing for a 7th.

Reaction Score
I get it, you think Brady is the greatest because 6 rings, you've said it over and over and most people will agree with you. Bill Russell is another one who has the most rings. Didn't watch him live but from what I've seen and read I think WIlt, Kareem, Jordan, Magic, and Bird were all better than him.
This is a bad analogy. It's a bad analogy because unlike Russell—the greatest winner ever—Brady is an elite QB without any rings. His 2009 season is one of the great statistical seasons ever for a QB. Tom Brady has thrown more TDs than any QB ever (581). He will, provided he plays another season healthily, have the most yards ever.

It's would be as if Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (who had a great great career outside of his stats), also had the most titles (a la Russell).

Reaction Score
This is a bad analogy. It's a bad analogy because unlike Russell—the greatest winner ever—Brady is an elite QB without any rings. His 2009 season is one of the great statistical seasons ever for a QB. Tom Brady has thrown more TDs than any QB ever (581). He will, provided he plays another season healthily, have the most yards ever.

It's would be as if Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (who had a great great career outside of his stats), also had the most titles (a la Russell).
Yes, Brady has a lot more td's and yards than Rodgers because he's played 6.5 more seasons than him. Same with Mahomes because he's played 17 more seasons than him. That doesn't seem like a good way to compare people statistically to me. i get your overall point though.

Reaction Score
QBR is crap (unless you think Chad Pennington was better than Marino, Favre and Staubach). But by that measure he is behind Mahomes and Desean Watson.
NFL Passer Rating Career Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com)

Passing yards per game? That is also Mahomes. Brady is 9th at 263 and Rodgers is 13th at 260.

Yards per attempt? Otto Graham amazingly enough. In the modern era, that would be... Mahomes again, with Watson next behind him.
What QB wins playoff games??

Reaction Score
Yes, Brady has a lot more td's and yards than Rodgers because he's played 6.5 more seasons than him. Same with Mahomes because he's played 17 more seasons than him. That doesn't seem like a good way to compare people statistically to me. i get your overall point though.
Right. Because the difference is while Russell played in a different era than Kareem, and Brady played in a different era than Rogers....when Russell retired he had played in the same era as Wilt and was behind him—and many others—in major statistical categories. When Brady retires—and he played in the same era as Peyton—he'll have ever major passing record. They'll be broken. But 6 or 7 rings just won't be.

Reaction Score
Right. Because the difference is while Russell played in a different era than Kareem, and Brady played in a different era than Rogers....when Russell retired he had played in the same era as Wilt and was behind him—and many others—in major statistical categories. When Brady retires—and he played in the same era as Peyton—he'll have ever major passing record. They'll be broken. But 6 or 7 rings just won't be.
Russell won NCs/Olympic medals/NBA championships .Who do you want in the foxhole with you?? Him or Wilt?

No way Russell could match Wilt with the chicks. But that's a different ball game with different rules. Know what I'm sayin'?

Reaction Score
Russell won NCs/Olympic medals/NBA championships .Who do you want in the foxhole with you?? Him or Wilt?

No way Russell could match Wilt with the chicks. But that's a different game with different rules. Know what I'm sayin'?
Chief, TZZNAndrew is a huge Russell supporter. But I think the argument for him being the best bball player ever is not compelling. Neither do I think Wilt's claim is. One is the greatest ever. The other is the most dominant. MJ is the best followed by, in some tight cluster, KAJ, Magic, and LeBron.

But TZZNAndrew is just making an analogy: what if Russell had Kareem like statistics? Because that's more akin to Tom Brady's career.

Reaction Score
Chief, TZZNAndrew is a huge Russell supporter. But I think the argument for him being the best bball player ever is not compelling. Neither do I think Wilt's claim is. One is the greatest ever. The other is the most dominant. MJ is the best followed by, in some tight cluster, KAJ, Magic, and LeBron.

But TZZNAndrew is just making an analogy: what if Russell had Kareem like statistics? Because that's more akin to Tom Brady's career.
Never said Russell was the best ever.But like Brady.He is a winner. Every time he stepped on the court.

No idea who Chief is .Might want to do your homework.

Reaction Score
I'm not pretzling anything...

You asked me if Brady is the greatest QB ever, I answered Rodgers is the greatest I've ever seen. You either didn't like my answer or don't know how to read because you mischaracterized what I said. I told you I don't judge a player as the greatest ever because they have the most rings and gave you reasons why I think Brady has 6 rings and Rodgers only has one. Pointed out I watched Montana and didn't think he was the best either, Bradshaw I didn't watch but I think there were a bunch of better QB's than him.

Ah, I see your problem.

you think I’m saying Tom Brady is Bill Russell.

He’s not.

He’s more like Mickey Mantle.

“Count da ringz” is a dumb argument in and of itself. It’s winning, combined with ability and performance.

Reaction Score
Top 5 QBs of all time:

1) Brady
2) Manning
3) Montana
4) Unitas
5) Marino

Reaction Score
He'll have the yards and TD record because he's played longer than anyone. His statistics are awesome, they just aren't the best. I get your argument about winning combined with great stats...people saying Russell is the best ever is incredibly dumb, the guy shot 44% from the field as a center in a league where he was more athletic than everyone other than the years Wilt played and he never averaged 20 ppg. Amazing defender, rebounder and won a billion championships but no.

The QB's who get screwed are the greats I watched growing up when the game was smashmouth football where QB's were treated like everyone else and everyone ran the ball. Marino is the most disrespected QB as time has gone on because of this. He's the best passer who ever played the game and he's 6th all-time in passing yards and will fall way further as time goes on. People used to keep him lower than he should be because he never won a Super Bowl but he was always known as the greatest passer ever, now with the inflated stats the guy gets completely left off some all-time lists...
The game will probably somehow get even less physical and more pass happy and the records will keep getting smashed. With health and longevity I wouldn't count Mahomes out on accumulating rings either.

Another stat, Rodgers is an all-time top 10 running QB 3,271 yards in 190 games Brady 1,043 in 299 games.

Reaction Score
Yeah you said the 'one bad throw" it was the best of the bad throws and it wasn't well timed, could've killed them. Because it was off the tips of his fingers makes it ok?

You're really reaching here.

I said it was a bad throw that took points off the board.

What are you exactly looking for?

Something like this: the throw revealed that Brady is the preverted devil we all knew he was?

Something like that?

Reaction Score
Brady was outplayed (not the first time in his career he was outplayed in a big game), turned the ball over and was bailed out by his defense. Greatest of all time for sure, but they lose on Sunday and the story is he came up small in a big game. He has had more than those share of moments where defense, turnovers and dumb luck gloss over a mediocre performance.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Brady was outplayed (not the first time in his career he was outplayed in a big game), turned the ball over and was bailed out by his defense. Greatest of all time for sure, but they lose on Sunday and the story is he came up small in a big game. He has had more than those share of moments where defense, turnovers and dumb luck gloss over a mediocre performance.

Okay and Aaron Rodgers instead of running for a first down threw an incompletion and let his coach kick a field goal and he is on vacation. But yes, Tom Brady got outplayed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom