OT: - Hats off to Tom Brady | Page 15 | The Boneyard

OT: Hats off to Tom Brady

Reaction Score
My understanding is that the Chiefs were missing both starting OT. That didn't help. But clearly the game was won at the line of scrimmage. Tampa dominated both sides. Mahomes scrambled for 458 yards, on his pass plays. Brady, 38.

Yup. Missing both OTs. Schemes and personnel changes but in the end, it's won in the trenches.

Reaction Score
TB is the GOAT and this just sealed the deal. Amazing how this guy lifts his team and gets it done. Belichick looks like the clown he’s proven himself to be. He’s a loser without TB, and TB showed he is the system.
Belichick a clown? Now that's ridiculous. Just because Brady managed to win another with an all-star offense and a pretty good defense, it does not undo what BB has done. BB is great, and probably a big part of Brady being great. And no doubt that goes the other way. But when a dude with 6000 posts on the boneyard criticizes a coach who has done it year after year with tons of roster turnover ... you have to wonder who is the loser/clown.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bradys super bowl VS Steph Curry’s 3 pointers is an absolute joke let’s not get beyond stupid which has begun. Geez how many shots at 3s VS Brady’s shots at SBs have there been??? lol

Can we leave this at football GOAT QB, maybe footballs greatest winning player?
He's transcended that, man. It's just the truth. As much as any NY fan wants to deny it, it's time more than ever to start putting Tom up against the greatest athletes who have ever existed, not just NFL players.

Reaction Score
He's transcended that, man. It's just the truth. As much as any NY fan wants to deny it, it's time more than ever to start putting Tom up against the greatest athletes who have ever existed, not just NFL players.

NY fans? I mean do you think I was a Babe Ruth fan growing up? Did I mention any Yankees or Giants or Rangers I grew up with? I mean Jordannever played there and Gretzky is certainly isn't known as a Ranger. It has nothing to do with a NY fan it's simplya sports fan. He may not even be the greatest football player ever, the great winning football player I guess but there will be arguments anyway. But he's simply not Jordan nor is he close.

Reaction Score

Not touchy at all just being real. I will read that when I need to take a good one until then he's the GOAT QB. :D

Reaction Score
Brady gets some of the headlines. This game was won in the trenches by Tampa Bay on both sides of the ball, Patrick never looked totally comfortable with the schemes and heat the D was bringing.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The truth? Preposterous.

You might as well be arguing on the topic "Greatest Music Maker of All-Time," and saying you've got "the truth" in choosing between Ludwig van Beethoven, John Coltrane, Hank Williams, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Billie Holiday, Jimi Hendrix, or any other representative name from Blues, Afropop, Traditional Folk, Eastern, or so many other genres and streams.

Or Greatest Creative Artist of All-Time.

Or Greatest Restaurant (Food Maker) of All-Time.

Or Greatest Food of All-Time.

Or Greatest Natural Wonder of All-Time.

Or Greatest Religion of All-Time.

Reaction Score
Brady gets some of the headlines. This game was won in the trenches by Tampa Bay on both sides of the ball, Patrick never looked totally comfortable with the schemes and heat the D was bringing.
Quarterbacks get all the glory, terrible time to be a defensive player or running back. It's always been a qb centric league but now it's to the point of absurdity...the way all the rules are now designed for the qb, the way they're coddled, and glorified sometimes makes it seem like it's just the qb's out there.

Reaction Score
The truth? Preposterous.

You might as well be arguing on the topic "Greatest Music Maker of All-Time," and saying you've got "the truth" in choosing between Ludwig van Beethoven, John Coltrane, Hank Williams, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Billie Holiday, Jimi Hendrix, or any other representative name from Blues, Afropop, Traditional Folk, Eastern, or so many other genres and streams.

Or Greatest Creative Artist of All-Time.

Or Greatest Restaurant (Food Maker) of All-Time.

Or Greatest Food of All-Time.

Or Greatest Natural Wonder of All-Time.

Or Greatest Religion of All-Time.
lol, bro. Learn the difference between subjective and objective. Laughable post.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Quarterbacks get all the glory, terrible time to be a defensive player or running back. It's always been a qb centric league but now it's to the point of absurdity...the way all the rules are now designed for the qb, the way they're coddled, and glorified sometimes makes it seem like it's just the qb's out there.

It frustrates me. So many dumb football fans out there. My fellow Patriots fans are all concerned about the next QB, and upgrading the "weapons", better WR, TE etc. Sure, they need a guy to throw the ball. Between veterans and the draft, there are more of them than there are teams right now. QB is the most important position, but the caliber of play is now very high across the league.

What I'm concerned about are a pro-bowl C and LG that are free agents to be, mediocre left tackle play, and a DL that is the worst Patriots DL I've seen since before Parcells arrived. The LB Corps, aside from Hightower (assuming he comes back) and rookie Uche, is terrible.

So we get hot takes about trading everything for Watson, when we need a competent QB, maybe one WR with speed, and to put everything else into the front 7 and OL.

Reaction Score
Nope. Eli is not hall of fame caliber. 2 super bowl wins/ rings - yes. Great accomplishment. And I'm a Giants fan.

Not all time great but HOF if you look at who is in there such as Namath look at the stats and the durability factor. Those 2 rings on those playoff runs and beating Brady on game winning drives do matter they absolutely matter or else there wouldnt even be a discussion about Eli and the HOF, Eli beating an undefeated team will have the same historical significance as Namath winning the Super Bowl setting up the merger. It will help that Eli has the anti Schilling relationship with the media and being in the NY market and Peyton will have some pull with getting Eli in I'm sure, not even offering my opinion just stating what will probably happen.

Big Ben has had more Super Bowl caliber teams then Eli and should have more then 2 superbowls. Im gonna go out on a limb that if Eli had the same team, coaching and front office as Big Ben after 2011 he would have at least a 3rd Super Bowl win.

Reaction Score
It frustrates me. So many dumb football fans out there. My fellow Patriots fans are all concerned about the next QB, and upgrading the "weapons", better WR, TE etc. Sure, they need a guy to throw the ball. Between veterans and the draft, there are more of them than there are teams right now. QB is the most important position, but the caliber of play is now very high across the league.

What I'm concerned about are a pro-bowl C and LG that are free agents to be, mediocre left tackle play, and a DL that is the worst Patriots DL I've seen since before Parcells arrived. The LB Corps, aside from Hightower (assuming he comes back) and rookie Uche, is terrible.

So we get hot takes about trading everything for Watson, when we need a competent QB, maybe one WR with speed, and to put everything else into the front 7 and OL.
Exactly, if you have great line play you can win with most starting quarterbacks, it's a wide open game now designed for QB play. Brady got great protection, Rodgers All-pro tackle was out and both of Mahomes All-pro tackles and his All-pro guard were out and he got no protection. Bowles should get the most credit, he was able to get constant pressure all while doubling and keeping Tyreek Hill in front of them.

Daniel Jones is a prefect example, people who say he sucks while totally disregarding the fact he's been running for his life since he's a Giant and the Giants prioritize skill positions over line play, you see it with other teams too.

Reaction Score
Not all time great but HOF if you look at who is in there such as Namath look at the stats and the durability factor. Those 2 rings on those playoff runs and beating Brady on game winning drives do matter they absolutely matter or else there wouldnt even be a discussion about Eli and the HOF, Eli beating an undefeated team will have the same historical significance as Namath winning the Super Bowl setting up the merger. It will help that Eli has the anti Schilling relationship with the media and being in the NY market and Peyton will have some pull with getting Eli in I'm sure, not even offering my opinion just stating what will probably happen.

Big Ben has had more Super Bowl caliber teams then Eli and should have more then 2 superbowls. Im gonna go out on a limb that if Eli had the same team, coaching and front office as Big Ben after 2011 he would have at least a 3rd Super Bowl win.

Calvin Johnson just got in. Really, he had 3 maybe 4 "HOF" caliber years. For 3 seasons (2011-12-13) he was uncoverable. Pretty routine otherwise. Almost like Don Mattingly's stats in baseball. Generally, I think the Football HOF is pretty squishy on the "guidelines" to get in.

Reaction Score
As HOF LB for the Steelers.Jack Lambert once said. "They should just put a skirt on the QBs to distinguish them from the real players".

Brady needs a line to keep him upright and give him the time to read the defense and react. He does this as well as anyone. However,he would probably lose a 100yd dash race to Gisele 7 out of 10 times.

BTW. No one knows the value of linemen more than Tom B. He's still playing at 43 because of their protection.

If they allowed coaches to receive SB MVP votes. Bowles would have gotten my vote.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brady put his team in position to take over the game. He would probably even tell you himself he couldn't get into a shoot out against Rodgers and Mahomes. TB has more talent overall then the Chiefs more weapons too Brady isnt stupid. If KC had an early lead and Brady tried to get into a shootout with Mahomes its probably a different game.

Reaction Score
Maybe athletes shouldn't be in State Farm commercials anymore if they wanna win. Chris Paul, and James Harden, then Rodgers and Mahomes, not to mention Drake in that commercial was a bad omen. Getting a team haircut also was a bad omen your supposed to grow a playoff beard or playoff hair not cut it off.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As HOF LB for the Steelers Jack Lambert once said. "They should just put a skirt on the QBs to distinguish them from the real players".
That was silly, even at the time.

Reaction Score
How?

Look at the history and think about it. Look at the teams in superbowls that were more talented then those Giants team like the Legion of Boom Seahawks, the Falcons, the Chiefs who shook in their boots against Brady, could even argue the Rams were more talented. Yes its a team sport and qbs tend to get more credit then they deserve when they win. The Hall of fame will factor in Eli having 2 gw super bowl drives against Brady and the Pats (you can call it what you want undeserved whatever). It will be a factor though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very true. But I'm not sure you even take it far enough. Brady appears to be on some sort of quest to maximize his potential and maximize life in general. So a strict discussion about sports and his place in sports doesn't quite do Brady justice.

The haters on this post want to stress that Eli beat him twice. Which is cool. Good for Eli. I rooted for him as well. But Brady's accomplishments should probably be compared to less typical athletes. Or they can be. Alex Honnald, Evel Knievel....those guys aren't quite right considering the risks they took.... but someone like that. Someone on a different life journey.

This is why I think the story/narrative about Brady is likely to change. He's not just trying to be the best at football.... I mean he is. But he's doing something else as well. Something that his football peers didn't really do. Or if they did, it wasn't apparent.

It's funny because I've tried to comment about this in this thread already. I was labeled as a Brady Fan Boi. I suppose I am, but not really because what he's done on the football field. Like anyone on this board who was born in Connecticut in the 70s and grew up in the 80s and early 90s. I was a Giants fan. The Patriots mostly sucked in that time frame. So the GMen were the only option.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Was a little silly for the time because QB's back then got mauled, it's really accurate for today's game.
Nah, grown-ups don't use "wear a skirt" as a pejorative anymore.

Reaction Score
Craziest part is I'm sure Brady will be the favorite to win again next year, Tampa is absolutely loaded.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom