Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 84 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If it was me ... With lots of good opportunity

I'd take a day or two to think. I'd strongly consider my relationship with Kevin Ollie versus others. And go or not.

No one should be surprised - when a HD - has great choices ... That this was not immediately a commit.

Reaction Score
Mau not saying your off but that link is an Arizona sportsnation link what do you expect them to write other than positive stuff about Arizona. If he was that into Arizona he would have went there for an unofficial when he visited Bobby Hurley at ASU. It will either be us or the NBA for Diallo I think. Their recruiting success on the East Coast is scary though.
Exactly, at the end of the day he hasn't been to UK or Arizona. If people are questioning his commitment or seriousness about UConn, then what does that say about the other 2 "top" schools that he hasn't even bothered to visit once. Including when he was halfway across the country, and only 30 minutes away

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
BE schools make $4m a year.
Rutgers makes $40m. Who will be more successful at bball over the long haul?

Not Rutgers. Poor example.

Reaction Score
Just a gut yell. I mean let's be serious he knows everything he needs to know about UConn, if he really wanted it the close would have been made I believe and he'd be in practice tomorrow or Tuesday. Espinosa is throwing accolades up Miller and Richardson's butt, this isn't going well.

Agree.

On the other hand, if he doesn't intend to play this spring, then the trips make sense. If he intends to play this spring, then this isn't going well.

Reaction Score
Agree.

On the other hand, if he doesn't intend to play this spring, then the trips make sense. If he intends to play this spring, then this isn't going well.

We act as if the kid has a decision already made and is just going through the motions and appeasing people with visits or attempting to maximize exposure. Not just with Diallo, but with a lot of recruits. This isn't a movie or tv show plot that's already been written that we can unravel or piece together foreshadowed clues. "Recruiting is fluid" because a lot of times decisions are still being made.

So maybe Diallo is still trying to decide what he wants to do. Which is why certain visits make sense for next year, and certain visits and messaging makes sense for us this semester.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't Diallo play and consider his options at the end of the season

If he's concerned he'll be exposed playing he will be in the combine anyway

We act as if the kid has a decision already made and is just going through the motions and appeasing people with visits or attempting to maximize exposure. Not just with Diallo, but with a lot of recruits. This isn't a movie or tv show plot that's already been written that we can unravel or piece together foreshadowed clues. "Recruiting is fluid" because a lot of times decisions are still being made.

So maybe Diallo is still trying to decide what he wants to do. Which is why certain visits make sense for next year, and certain visits and messaging makes sense for us this semester.

Reaction Score
Just a gut yell. I mean let's be serious he knows everything he needs to know about UConn, if he really wanted it the close would have been made I believe and he'd be in practice tomorrow or Tuesday. Espinosa is throwing accolades up Miller and Richardson's butt, this isn't going well.

I think it was unreasonable fan expectations for him to enroll on his OV to UConn. Everything still seems to strongly suggest he will enroll at UConn in January:

1) Oz the most connected insider said to temper down expectations (as early as Wednesday) and that Hami was going to at least take on one other OV and that it was down to UConn, AZ, and UK. Oz also stated that he still thinks Hami is going to end up at UConn but that it wouldn't occur this week.

2) When Jerry Meyer first broke the news he said Hami would be joining UConn "early 2017" and stood with that prediction throughout. Its still 2016.

3) Imagine if you were being recruited very hard by several schools but in your mind you more or less have made up your mind where you want to go. If the other schools who have invested so much time in you and built a relationship ask you to simply visit, with all expenses paid for, it would be very hard to say no. Its not only out of courtesy but also the trips are fun. Can't blame Hami for wanting to at least take 2 other official visits before deciding on UConn.

4) Espinosa is obviously going to be very complimentary to Miller and other top coaches because believe it or not he has other players on his team. he doesn't want to burn any bridges with any coaching staffs especially with programs like Arizona. He is going to say all the right things about all the coaches and teams. But I very much believe that Putnam Science Academy will turn into a recruiting factory for UConn, just like the prep power house school in Nevada for UNLV and the Cali schools for Arizona.

5) Also as a true future UConn player, Hami wanted to stick it to Cuse fans by taking official visits to 3 schools none of which were Syracuse. Therefore making a very public statement that he was never really considering Syracuse and that Syracuse has officially become a mid-major school in a power 5 conference :D.

Reaction Score
I think it was unreasonable fan expectations for him to enroll on his OV to UConn. Everything still seems to strongly suggest he will enroll at UConn in January:

1) Oz the most connected insider said to temper down expectations (as early as Wednesday) and that Hami was going to at least take on one other OV and that it was down to UConn, AZ, and UK. Oz also stated that he still thinks Hami is going to end up at UConn but that it wouldn't occur this week.

2) When Jerry Meyer first broke the news he said Hami would be joining UConn "early 2017" and stood with that prediction throughout. Its still 2016.

3) Imagine if you were being recruited very hard by several schools but in your mind you more or less have made up your mind where you want to go. If the other schools who have invested so much time in you and built a relationship ask you to simply visit, with all expenses paid for, it would be very hard to say no. Its not only out of courtesy but also the trips are fun. Can't blame Hami for wanting to at least take 2 other official visits before deciding on UConn.

4) Espinosa is obviously going to be very complimentary to Miller and other top coaches because believe it or not he has other players on his team. he doesn't want to burn any bridges with any coaching staffs especially with programs like Arizona. He is going to say all the right things about all the coaches and teams. But I very much believe that Putnam Science Academy will turn into a recruiting factory for UConn, just like the prep power house school in Nevada for UNLV and the Cali schools for Arizona.

5) Also as a true future UConn player, Hami wanted to stick it to Cuse fans by taking official visits to 3 schools none of which were Syracuse. Therefore making a very public statement that he was never really considering Syracuse and that Syracuse has officially become a mid-major school in a power 5 conference :D.
Great post, agree with everything. A whole lot of hand-wringing over nothing.

Reaction Score

I am not passing judgment at all. I am just stating that extending this to mid-January makes the possibility of playing this year a lot more difficult.

Reaction Score
Villanova won the thing last year.

UConn bball should be fine.

Non-P5s won it 2 out of the last 3 years.

On both CBS and ESPN I have heard announcers refer to men's basketball conferences as "power 6". Maybe it's just because 'Nova won last year but they sure as hell aren't talking about the AAC.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't Diallo play and consider his options at the end of the season

If he's concerned he'll be exposed playing he will be in the combine anyway
Because as of now those options include UK and Arizona, and playing now closes those options to him

Reaction Score

Well stated hope you're right obviously. I've seen many who "love JC/KO " and "UConn is their dream school" not come here, so I apologize for trying to read too much into it. just don't feel all warm and fuzzy!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think this will end well. If Calipari wants him, he'll get him. He knows what to say to these kids to reel them in. He's not a great X's and O's guy but he's the best closer in the business.

Reaction Score
I don't think this will end well. If Calipari wants him, he'll get him. He knows what to say to these kids to reel them in. He's not a great X's and O's guy but he's the best closer in the business.

"If Calipari wants him, he'll get him." ???

So you are saying if Hami chooses UConn then Cal never really wanted him? Even though Cal and his assistants have been to a ton of Hami's games, has been in constant contact with Hami, and is having him come to UK on an official visit?

Of course Cal wants Hamidou, he wants him really bad. Hamidou is the #1 SG in 2017 and a future 1st rounder.If Hamidou chooses UConn its not because Cal didn't want him it because KO beat Cal.

I don't want to be mean but honestly it is sometimes embarrassing seeing some of these posts when it comes to recruiting and UConn's status as an elite program from the perspective of UConn fans! For those who share your thoughts please put an asterisk with the initials "IC" (Inferiority Complex) at the end of your posts ... . That way we can take the posts with a grain of salt.

I apologize for the harshness but... Come on man! You are a UConn fan, have some swag.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

So you are saying if Hami chooses UConn then Cal never really wanted him? Even though Cal and his assistants have been to a ton of Hami's games, has been in constant contact with Hami, and is having him come to UK on an official visit?

Of course Cal wants Hamidou, he wants him really bad. Hamidou is the #1 SG in 2017 and a future 1st rounder.If Hamidou chooses UConn its not because Cal didn't want him it because KO beat Cal.

I don't want to be mean but honestly it is sometimes embarrassing seeing some of these posts when it comes to recruiting and UConn's status as an elite program from the perspective of UConn fans! For those who share your thoughts please put an asterisk with the initials "IC" (Inferiority Complex) at the end of your posts ... . That way we can take the posts with a grain of salt.

I apologize for the harshness but... Come on man! You are a UConn fan, have some swag.
You forgot to add your *SC

Reaction Score
I understand that my views are based on hearsay and conjecture but I'm close to screaming "NEXT " for Hami.

This kid is said to be close to the team if not an honorary member. Diara is said to be his best friend. Yet he sits by as they are decimated, not sure if he wants to help them survive or consider a cushy spot at two of the most loaded programs in the NCAA.

He has a shot at being a savior for his (figuratively speaking) home town team. None of his other options NEEDS him at mid -year.

If he continues to futz around through another UConn loss with his media manipulation ...I don't want him on our team and will never root for him, even if he signs with us.

Enough already!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I understand that my views are based on hearsay and conjecture but I'm close to screaming "NEXT " for Hami.

This kid is said to be close to the team if not an honorary member. Diara is said to be his best friend. Yet he sits by as they are decimated, not sure if he wants to help them survive or consider a cushy spot at two of the most loaded programs in the NCAA.

He has a shot at being a savior for his (figuratively speaking) home town team. None of his other options NEEDS him at mid -year.

If he continues to futz around through another UConn loss with his media manipulation ...I don't want him on our team and will never root for him, even if he signs with us.

Enough already!

Take it easy.

Reaction Score

Enough already!

The kid is contemplating one of the most important choices he will ever make.

I can't blame him for anything he decides to do. He doesn't owe UConn or its fans anything

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

Cal says it himself. You better hope he doesn't want your recruits or he'll get them. He also said this about Kentucky and other programs:
"There's no other state, none, that's as connected to their basketball program as this one. Because those other states have other programs. Michigan has Michigan State, California has UCLA, North Carolina has Duke. It's Kentucky throughout this whole state, and that's what makes us unique."
John Calipari
He doesn't even consider UCONN a competitor.....

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Wow, we aren't Kentucky's in-state rival. Who would've thunk it?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Wow, we aren't Kentucky's in-state rival. Who would've thunk it?
Missing the point. He doesn't see that UCONN has the same situation in our state as Kentucky has in theirs where the state lives and dies with the team. No other program has what Kentucky has? My point is, he doesn't pay attention to UCONN. How else can you explain that quote?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We don't exactly have a great track record when competing with Kentucky and Duke for recruits. This is why I'm prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

Reaction Score
Missing the point. He doesn't see that UCONN has the same situation in our state as Kentucky has in theirs where the state lives and dies with the team. No other program has what Kentucky has? My point is, he doesn't pay attention to UCONN. How else can you explain that quote?
You do understand that quote is 100% Calipari taking a dig at Louisville...right?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You do understand that quote is 100% Calipari taking a dig at Louisville...right?

Is it really the Boneyard if we're not parsing every statement a coach/player/member of the media makes for some potential dig at UConn?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Where have all of the rational posters gone on this board!? We've got people 'next'ing Hami because he didn't commit on his official?! Absolutely insane.

Through the whole recruiting process, Diallo has played his cards close to his chest and said nothing but unbiased things about schools recruiting him, etc. He has every right to take all of his official visits, he's making the most important decision of his young life. He'd be an idiot not to take his visits.

Agreed with the previous poster who said that Oz, our most connected insider, always maintained he's a uconn lock, but to expect him to take other visits. It's simply the logical thing to do. Can't believe some of our fans here are making ridiculous statements about the kid and their b.s. 'gut instinct' that he won't come here simply because he didn't commit on his ov. The kid is a top 10 recruit... anyone saying next to this kid needs to be taken in for observation for brain injuries.

I think he'll end up here, but he's going to do it on his terms. We should all be okay with that because of how great he can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom