Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sh_t

Some of you have zero courage in Life

We won in 2014. Mere few years ago. We are far more consistent - even under Ollie - than blue bloods UCLA or Indiana or Georgetown. We have 11 great players recruited in Fr thru Soph. And KO is developing this team: note the improvement of Enoch & Facey.

To the ones amongst you who are just gone: leave your blue pompom at the door. Let's get prepared for the fun of a renewed UConn rising in MBB.

Doesn't take away the sting of CR knocking UConn the hardest.

Merry Christmas
Great Post Thanks

Reaction Score
Sh_t

Some of you have zero courage in Life

We won in 2014. Mere few years ago. We are far more consistent - even under Ollie - than blue bloods UCLA or Indiana or Georgetown. We have 11 great players recruited in Fr thru Soph. And KO is developing this team: note the improvement of Enoch & Facey.

To the ones amongst you who are just gone: leave your blue pompom at the door. Let's get prepared for the fun of a renewed UConn rising in MBB.

Doesn't take away the sting of CR knocking UConn the hardest.
It gets a little old doesn't it?

H

huskymagic

If CR is all about football then why are hoops fans so worried? If Nova, Butler, Gonzaga, ect. can be competitive then so can Uconn

Basketball is the future. We are a basketball school first that is our bread and butter who happens to play football like Duke, like North Carolina, like Kentucky, etc. Too much hysteria about football, would it be great to be in a P-5 Conference, no doubt. However, if we can't shatter that glass door then we need to look to a conference that puts us in a competitive advantage moving forward like the Big East. We have 1 more year the 2017-2018 season to see what our future is and to make the necessary decisions moving forward.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS!

Reaction Score
Basketball is the future. We are a basketball school first that is our bread and butter who happens to play football like Duke, like North Carolina, like Kentucky, etc. Too much hysteria about football, would it be great to be in a P-5 Conference, no doubt. However, if we can't shatter that glass door then we need to look to a conference that puts us in a competitive advantage moving forward like the Big East. We have 1 more year the 2017-2018 season to see what our future is and to make the necessary decisions moving forward.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS!

BE schools make $4m a year.
Rutgers makes $40m. Who will be more successful at bball over the long haul?

Reaction Score
Upstater, love you bro but your talking bout Rutro. Definitely another school would be a better example.

It's not going to matter. Rutgers is going to be better than Villanova.

H

huskymagic

Even with the 40 million Rutgers still cant beat Seton Hall. I'm not saying money doesnt matter at all, but unless the NCAA changed their laws on benefits and freebies for players, there is not much more that Rutgers or Northwestern can give recruits that a Seton Hall or a Villanova can't give them. You are also assuming that the 40 million all goes to mens basketball when we know it doesn't and mostly goes to subsidize football. What players care about is what program can take them to the NBA or professional basketball, a coach they like, and a school that cares about basketball. Give Rutgers or Northwestern or Georgia Tech or Washington State etc a $1 billion and they still wouldn't be better than Nova unless the NCAA allowed them to pay players.

P.S. I know what your saying upstater as it has been repeated ad nauseum in the boneyard and everywhere else, but its perception and not reality. It is also not in our interest to feed that perception currently.

Reaction Score
Even with the 40 million Rutgers still cant beat Seton Hall. I'm not saying money doesnt matter at all, but unless the NCAA changed their laws on benefits and freebies for players, there is not much more that Rutgers or Northwestern can give recruits that a Seton Hall or a Villanova can't give them. You are also assuming that the 40 million all goes to mens basketball when we know it doesn't and mostly goes to subsidize football. What players care about is what program can take them to the NBA or professional basketball, a coach they like, and a school that cares about basketball. Give Rutgers or Northwestern or Georgia Tech or Washington State etc a $1 billion and they still wouldn't be better than Nova unless the NCAA allowed them to pay players.

P.S. I know what your saying upstater as it has been repeated ad nauseum in the boneyard and everywhere else, but its perception and not reality. It is also not in our interest to feed that perception currently.

I don't really have a stake in this argument but Rutgers beat Seton Hall just last night

Reaction Score
I don't really have a stake in this argument but Rutgers beat Seton Hall just last night
Unless you're talking about women's fencing, I think you have this one wrong son. SH beat Rutgers 72-61 yesterday in men's hoops.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Yeah but Rotgers needs it for legal fees every year

Reaction Score

There is no upper limit right now for cost-of-attendance extras at these schools.
Recruiting budgets for basketball coaches are going to go through the roof.
Also consider, when the Big East schools are constantly losing good coaches because they can't pay them more than $2m a year, while the P5s can pay $4m.
Then there's the workout facilities, the gyms, the dorms.

The only thing that can stop this oncoming train is if the TV deals crater and implode.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
UK fans don't think Diallo would get the minutes he would want at UK this year. I don't either.

If he decides to visit Arizona that sounds like it would be 1st or 2nd week of January. Let's hope not. If so, does that indicate he is not serious about joining in the 2nd semester?

Hamidou Diallo to visit Arizona, could play right away

Reaction Score
UK fans don't think Diallo would get the minutes he would want at UK this year. I don't either.

If he decides to visit Arizona that sounds like it would be 1st or 2nd week of January. Let's hope not. If so, does that indicate he is not serious about joining in the 2nd semester?

Hamidou Diallo to visit Arizona, could play right away

I would say so. The longer it goes, I'd imagine the more difficult it gets to integrate yourself and maximize your possibilities.

H

huskymagic

Just a gut yell. I mean let's be serious he knows everything he needs to know about UConn, if he really wanted it the close would have been made I believe and he'd be in practice tomorrow or Tuesday. Espinosa is throwing accolades up Miller and Richardson's butt, this isn't going well.
Mau not saying your off but that link is an Arizona sportsnation link what do you expect them to write other than positive stuff about Arizona. If he was that into Arizona he would have went there for an unofficial when he visited Bobby Hurley at ASU. It will either be us or the NBA for Diallo I think. Their recruiting success on the East Coast is scary though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom