Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 82 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
"I want to go to a school where I can see a lot of new faces. Franklin, Grant, Jackson....."

Reaction Score
He actually just took down this tweet. It had said Diallo was visiting UK and Arizona. Hmm..
Exhausted from the Diallo visit and I didn't leave the couch.....would love to have him but as a jaded UConn supporter I expect the worst.

Reaction Score
He actually just took down this tweet. It had said Diallo was visiting UK and Arizona. Hmm..
I tweet at him and he said he took down the tweet because the dates have not been finalized yet

Reaction Score
Exhausted from the Diallo visit and I didn't leave the couch.....would love to have him but as a jaded UConn supporter I expect the worst.

I'm sorry to single you out, but the bold part is why many fan bases cannot stand us. You used the word "jaded" which essentially in this context means expecting the worst due to having lots of disappointment or perhaps insinuates complacency. As UConn fans we have been treated, gifted, awarded etc with a 25 year run of basketball excellence that is ridiculous. But a down year, filled with injuries and underachievement and you used the word jaded? We're so used to the disappointment of UConn basketball that we expect the worst? Really?

Reaction Score
I'm sorry to single you out, but the bold part is why many fan bases cannot stand us. You used the word "jaded" which essentially in this context means expecting the worst due to having lots of disappointment or perhaps insinuates complacency. As UConn fans we have been treated, gifted, awarded etc with a 25 year run of basketball excellence that is ridiculous. But a down year, filled with injuries and underachievement and you used the word jaded? We're so used to the disappointment of UConn basketball that we expect the worst? Really?

I agree with all you said. At the same time I think it is fair to be jaded purely due to the position conference realignment has left us in.

pj

Reaction Score
I tweet at him and he said he took down the tweet because the dates have not been finalized yet

If Diallo is playing the spring semester and he hasn't selected dates for the official visits, he's not taking the official visits.

Reaction Score
If Diallo is playing the spring semester and he hasn't selected dates for the official visits, he's not taking the official visits.
Why do you say that? Not challenging, I just genuinely don't understand the logic; are you referring to timing? I know UConn's second semester doesn't start until January 17th.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I am heading into Christmas not thinking about this kid at all. I'm talented like that. Total disassociation from Husky stress while I focus on cooking , drinking and seeing the fam.

My signature dish will be Christmas night when I start with the ham. The ham...oh God...I'm just realizing I am committed to making a Christmas Hami.

F...M...L!!

Reaction Score
I am heading into Christmas not thinking about this kid at all. I'm talented like that. Total disassociation from Husky stress while I focus on cooking , drinking and seeing the fam.
My signature dish will be Christmas night when I start with the ham. The ham...oh God...I'm just realizing I am committed to making a Christmas Hami.
F...M...L!!

'Dou you honestly have that much trouble separating yourself from UConn basketball and the Boneyard during the holiday? I mean if I had a diallo bill for every time my wife said "Mau you need to get on the Boneyard more often and forget about your family" I'd be rich. This will be easy to 'Dou, I just Dial in! Kind of just hami and egg it;)

Reaction Score
Why do you say that? Not challenging, I just genuinely don't understand the logic; are you referring to timing? I know UConn's second semester doesn't start until January 17th.

Zona/UK classes start on the 11th. If he waits til that late they are already 4 games into their conference schedules.

UConn with their depleted roster can afford to add him the other schools might be wary as it might destroy team chemistry and then getting him up to speed and justifying playing him over players who have been there and established their roles.

If he enrolls for spring semester UConn seems to be in the drivers seat

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The only positive from playing at UK or Arizona is the constant media exposure. Even if he's playing 10 minutes a game, he'll get Joel-Embiid injury like coverage.

At UConn's current state it'll be harder to get that exposure.

Reaction Score
Single me out all you want.....yes we had an amazing run as a basketball program from the early 90's through 2014 so maybe jaded was the wrong word but things have certainly taken a hard turn for the worse in recent years....
- It's not 1 down year, the past 3 years have been not been good & we are on the verge of missing the tourney for the 2nd time in 3 years.
- CR has had a horrific impact on UConn...we get peanuts in revenue compared to P5 schools we compete with...not changing anytime soon.
So I am jaded to extent that I fear the past 3 years may become the next 10 years where we are struggling just to make the tourney...hope not.

Reaction Score
Single me out all you want.....yes we had an amazing run as a basketball program from the early 90's through 2014 so maybe jaded was the wrong word but things have certainly taken a hard turn for the worse in recent years....
- It's not 1 down year, the past 3 years have been not been good & we are on the verge of missing the tourney for the 2nd time in 3 years.
- CR has had a horrific impact on UConn...we get peanuts in revenue compared to P5 schools we compete with...not changing anytime soon.
So I am jaded to extent that I fear the past 3 years may become the next 10 years where we are struggling just to make the tourney...hope not.

Villanova won the thing last year.

UConn bball should be fine.

Non-P5s won it 2 out of the last 3 years.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
He's stalling us all for the big Christmas morning reveal. Working on his Santa edit. He sits in front of the tree with several boxes. Suddenly, a small puppy leaps out. Jonathan. Epic.

Reaction Score

Sh_t

Some of you have zero courage in Life

We won in 2014. Mere few years ago. We are far more consistent - even under Ollie - than blue bloods UCLA or Indiana or Georgetown. We have 11 great players recruited in Fr thru Soph. And KO is developing this team: note the improvement of Enoch & Facey.

To the ones amongst you who are just gone: leave your blue pompom at the door. Let's get prepared for the fun of a renewed UConn rising in MBB.

Doesn't take away the sting of CR knocking UConn the hardest.

Reaction Score
The only positive from playing at UK or Arizona is the constant media exposure. Even if he's playing 10 minutes a game, he'll get Joel-Embiid injury like coverage.

At UConn's current state it'll be harder to get that exposure.
If we cant get a top recruit who we have inside track with then it's time to cut our losses with football........get back in big East for hoop ..

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Unless Diallo is in the lineup against Houston next week, I'm scheduling some dental work that day. I can't take anymore close home losses because we are undermanned.

H

huskymagic

If we cant get a top recruit who we have inside track with then it's time to cut our losses with football...get back in big East for hoop ..

Yep pretty much. If somehow we lose out on Hamidou that should be a definite wakeup call about going to the Big East for basketball and all other sports. However, irrespective of Diallo I still believe that the Big East conference is better for our basketball health and future health as a program than the AAC. We lost out 4 times already in realignment with Syracuse/Pitt going to ACC, then Rutgers to Big 10, then Louisville to ACC, now with the fake hoax expansion in the Big 12. Yet people still think 2025 hopefully we team together with the rejects of the Big 12 if it implodes: thats the definition of insanity. With football we go independent, and maybe attach ourselves like Notre Dame does with the AAC for 6 games(against Temple, UCF, USF, Navy, Houston, and Memphis) and we would be in good shape. We really have one more year(2017-2018) to see where we are headed before we need to make the tough decisions.

Reaction Score
Yep pretty much. If somehow we lose out on Hamidou that should be a definite wakeup call about going to the Big East for basketball and all other sports. However, irrespective of Diallo I still believe that the Big East conference is better for our basketball health and future health as a program than the AAC. We lost out 4 times already in realignment with Syracuse/Pitt going to ACC, then Rutgers to Big 10, then Louisville to ACC, now with the fake hoax expansion in the Big 12. Yet people still think 2025 hopefully we team together with the rejects of the Big 12 if it implodes: thats the definition of insanity. With football we go independent, and maybe attach ourselves like Notre Dame does with the AAC for 6 games(against Temple, UCF, USF, Navy, Houston, and Memphis) and we would be in good shape. We really have one more year(2017-2018) to see where we are headed before we need to make the tough decisions.

You are advocating dropping football. If so, just say it, because the idea of UConn as an Indy is as wild as saying UConn is going to the SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom