Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 107 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who are the quality recruits we likely would have landed in his place over the past year?

Reaction Score
Unless the announcement is that he's staying at PSA. Recruitment then lives on. Damnit I wish we signed Beatty.
If we miss on Hamidou I'd personally rather have a postgrad for next year -- a kid who can walk into the lineup and understand the speed of the college game.

Beatty is a good talent, but is unlikely to contribute at a high level until his sophomore year at the earliest.

Reaction Score
So you're hearing it's a done deal that he's not coming here?
Haven't heard that. But I do know that KO and the staff are scrambling to get in touch with Hami. It's not over....yet

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Haven't heard that. But I do know that KO and the staff are scrambling to get in touch with Hami. It's not over....yet
How do you know this? I mean it makes sense...but...

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

KO and staff should have followed-up with Hami after Calipari visited him .......

Reaction Score
If we miss on Hamidou I'd personally rather have a postgrad for next year -- a kid who can walk into the lineup and understand the speed of the college game.

Beatty is a good talent, but is unlikely to contribute at a high level until his sophomore year at the earliest.
If it's a post grad who is willing to play the role of a glue guy - a la Lasan Kromah (perhaps a little bit more of a gifted scorer off the bench) - I agree. Because if Diallo doesn't commit I think Ollie's next move is to build around our big 3 (Alterique, Jalen and Larrier).

Reaction Score
How do you know this? I mean it makes sense...but...
I've stated multiple times that I'm no insider. But in this situation I know a couple ppl friends with hami and Mamadou.

Reaction Score
I don't know....as far as I'm concerned if he's considering Kentucky this strongly, he should go there. Takes a different mentality to come to UConn and maybe he doesn't have it. (And no, that's not a rationalization. If kid wants a showcase for his one and done talent on his rest stop to the NBA, let him go to Kentucky. If he truly was bought in to UConn and how he could help the program and not just himself, he would have committed already.)

Reaction Score
If it's a post grad who is willing to play the role of a glue guy - a la Lasan Kromah (perhaps a little bit more of a gifted scorer off the bench) - I agree. Because if Diallo doesn't commit I think Ollie's next move is to build around our big 3 (Alterique, Jalen and Larrier).
Personally I'd rather have a real sniper to play at SG with Alterique as the PG off the bench. Keep the ball in Jalen's hands as much as possible, play Larrier at the 3, and sometimes go to a 3-guard set with Larrier as a smallball 4.

Matt Mobley from St. Bonaventure is probably the most interesting guy potentially available. Averaging 20/6/3 on 44/41/85 shooting splits, and has done it against solid comp.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
If he goes to UK, I really hope he sticks it to Cal and heads for the 2017 NBA Draft.

Reaction Score
Personally I'd rather have a real sniper to play at SG with Alterique as the PG off the bench. Keep the ball in Jalen's hands as much as possible, play Larrier at the 3, and sometimes go to a 3-guard set with Larrier as a smallball 4.

Matt Mobley from St. Bonaventure is probably the most interesting guy potentially available. Averaging 20/6/3 on 44/41/85 shooting splits, and has done it against solid comp.
Exactly. You mentioned Mobley and someone else in the grad transfer thread. 3 and D guy off the bench would be ideal.

Reaction Score
Exactly. You mentioned Mobley and someone else in the grad transfer thread. 3 and D guy off the bench would be ideal.
I mean, I don't think a guy with Mobley's creds would come to a team where he'd be a bench guy. I certainly wouldn't if I was averaging 20 ppg for a tourney team.

But we're putting the cart way before the horse here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom