Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 109 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I am sick of this whole soap opera
He's not the next LeBron, Kevin D or Kyrie - not even Isiah T (Celtics)
He can go to Kensucky or go to the pros or head to Europe
At this point I could give a crap and if he came to UConn he would probably tear an ACL or break a leg in the first game/practice
August - do you really think this kid is even going to pretend to be a student? But I agree that the writing was becoming clearer when he didn't commit after the Kensucky visit
I feel for KO
NEXT.......................

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Maybe he was turned off after giving this "silent verbal" everyone knows about once he saw us lose to 3 terrible teams in a row.

So next year we will have no Diallo/true shooting guard, and probably our worst frountcourt in a few decades. Really don't have confidence in KO to win with that type of a roster at this point in time, but he's going to have to.
Because the AA AB is leaving means the frontcourt is worse????
I have confidence in KO and how do you know there will be no true shooting guard?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Because the AA AB is leaving means the frontcourt is worse????
I have confidence in KO and how do you know there will be no true shooting guard?
Lol if you really think we play better with Enoch on the court than Brimah than you are delusional. Brimah is a no show on offense, but his defense alone is worth more than any other big we have on the team. Facey is by far our best offensive big this year. Yes, our frontcourt is going to somehow get even worse.

There are barely any 2017 SGs left. Our best hope is a grad transfer guard and big, and we've seen that be shaky for us last year and Cuse this year.

Reaction Score
Lol if you really think we play better with Enoch on the court than Brimah than you are delusional. Brimah is a no show on offense, but his defense alone is worth more than any other big we have on the team. Facey is by far our best offensive big this year. Yes, our frontcourt is going to somehow get even worse.

There are barely any 2017 SGs left. Our best hope is a grad transfer guard and big, and we've seen that be shaky for us last year and Cuse this year.
Front court is definitely an issue and something I'm sure the staff will address on the grad transfer market. As for SG, why can't Jalen slide into that spot? Alterique at the 1 and Jalen at the 2 would be more then okay.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Should've been a sign he wanted to go to the nba when he did a pointless grad half a year. Unless he told the coaching staff differently. I wouldn't be surprised if his coach was chirping in his year with cal to go to uk

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Maybe he was turned off after giving this "silent verbal" everyone knows about once he saw us lose to 3 terrible teams in a row.

So next year we will have no Diallo/true shooting guard, and probably our worst frountcourt in a few decades. Really don't have confidence in KO to win with that type of a roster at this point in time, but he's going to have to.
Really? If this is the case, then he's a huge moron that is totally short-sighted. If he wants to play this yr, UConn is it. If he wants to play next yr, UConn will be loaded. How can he be turned off by bad losses with all of our good players out?

Reactions: pj

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
If he does go to UK I'm really really hoping he punks the system and declares after a season of practice.

I think you meant 1/2 season of practice. Buy yeah, that would be a nice bit of revenge against Cal.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I think you meant 1/2 season of practice. Buy yeah, that would be a nice bit of revenge against Cal.
Yeah, sorry, half a season.* Meant to say semester.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Really? If this is the case, then he's a huge moron that is totally short-sighted. If he wants to play this yr, UConn is it. If he wants to play next yr, UConn will be loaded. How can he be turned off by bad losses with all of our good players out?
Even with our injuries, Auburn and Houston at home, and a horrible Tulsa team are games you should win. At least not lose all 3. But I agree that it didn't impact his decision, I said that in jest.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
To give everyone and idea of what KO was thinking. On the official to UCONN they were talking about classes he was going to take, and uniform numbers. Everyone including Diarra thought he was coming. No one in the program saw this coming
I have no idea, but isn't that most schools/recruits typically do for visits where the mutual interest is high? Or even moderate?

Reaction Score
Even with our injuries, Auburn and Houston at home, and a horrible Tulsa team are games you should win. At least not lose all 3. But I agree that it didn't impact his decision, I said that in jest.

Easy there, tons of Ollie sympathizers who disagree that we should have won those 3 games

Reaction Score
This is all pretty easy to understand....

It all goes back to what I said 10 days ago, Uconn's season has been a total nightmare. If Uconn had all their players playing and were doing well there is no doubt in my mind he would've already committed to Uconn.

When he visits Uconn and he says the talentless players on the floor with a home loss to Auburn then followed up with a 12 point scored half at home in the next game.

Then he goes to Kentucky and he sees the next two great NBA backcourt stars what do you expect?

I can't blame the kid.

Nightmare season continues and like I've said before don't blame anyone besides the injury bug. Only thing I am frustrated about besides the injuries is the front court, reason why I was all over BIG T and JJ because I knew this froncourt had no depth or talent.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
He couldn't come here for the rest of the semester to practice?? Suit up for us next year?? I know were thin, but he may want to practice on a suck team, then perform when we are more up to speed next season.....
I am still convinced UCONN practices are about as tough as a YMCA open gym. Not good for a Hamidou.

Reaction Score
I want the kid as much as the next guy, but he hasn't even made the decision (if he has one yet) public. IF he chooses UK then best of luck, he's a one and done anyways. I'm more concerned with lack of front court players than losing Diallo.

Reaction Score
Amid these waves of doom and gloom, Oz posted (20 min ago) that he hasn't heard anything change and sticking with him to UConn.

So there's a chance ?
That's comforting

Reaction Score
maxresdefault.jpg

Bunch of trolls out there...Still no commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom