Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 106 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry to say this but is he was going to UCONN to play this semester, he would have done so already. Doesn't matter when classes start for regular student, he is not a regular student and is mostly a ball player.

This kid would have already been playing games for us if he were going to play here. Seems to me that he has bought into the crap that Calzone has fed him.

In interviews I have seen, kid seems to have a glimmer in his eye when he talk about UK and goes out of his way to mention that he is being recruited by UK. Doesn't mention UCONN. This was in Part 1 of the video on him that's on YouTube.

He seems to have fallen victim to the crap Cal is giving him and he's getting pressure to go to the NBA factory that is UK.

Sad, as I think he will not succeed to the max if he goes to UK.

Reaction Score
I guess I'll be the optimist and say he's coming here and that he's been trolling UK to get the Cal treatment and a free trip somewhere.

Reaction Score
If his decision is to stay at PSA and play college ball til next season I think we can officially him goodbye.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You're not chief
Place is really going to the pits if there are chief wannabes. Only thing worse is multiple Scaletes. I'd say multiple Palatines but we already have multiples of him.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
If his decision is to stay at PSA and play college ball til next season I think we can officially him goodbye.
What leads you to believe that? It would seem to me that might be a good thing since he is not heading to UK now...

Reaction Score
Over the last couple of years, nobody has wanted UConn to get Diallo more than myself, but my opinion is changing. Diallo is an excellent talent and we need him desperately right now, BUT, his focus on his NBA future per that recent mixtape, along with his complete disinterest at the Auburn game, really gives me reservations that he would be committed to team achievement. I don't begrudge these kids using a short college stint as a stepping stone to NBA money if they really have NBA skills and talent. But, Diallo does not remotely have NBA skills and talent now, only athleticism. I think he even has work to do to be an impact player in college in every phase of the game except transition. It seems clear he has a much higher opinion of how NBA worthy he is now. Moreover, he clearly has some reservation about UConn or he would be here. I'd rather root for players who want to be here, for players who want to get to the NBA by achieving as a team as well as individually. and for players that intend to stay until they can be productive in the NBA. If he plays for UConn I'll be properly exuberant, but if he doesn't, I won't feel the disappointment I would have a few months ago. Thanks for the therapy.

Go Big Blue - Defense wins Championships

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Note sure about their sources, but several UConn/UK fans on twitter saying he will not be joining UConn (per their sources).

Reaction Score
Over the last couple of years, nobody has wanted UConn to get Diallo more than myself, but my opinion is changing. Diallo is an excellent talent and we need him desperately right now, BUT, his focus on his NBA future per that recent mixtape, along with his complete disinterest at the Auburn game, really gives me reservations that he would be committed to team achievement. I don't begrudge these kids using a short college stint as a stepping stone to NBA money if they really have NBA skills and talent. But, Diallo does not remotely have NBA skills and talent now, only athleticism. I think he even has work to do to be an impact player in college in every phase of the game except transition. It seems clear he has a much higher opinion of how NBA worthy he is now. Moreover, he clearly has some reservation about UConn or he would be here. I'd rather root for players who want to be here, for players who want to get to the NBA by achieving as a team as well as individually. and for players that intend to stay until they can be productive in the NBA. If he plays for UConn I'll be properly exuberant, but if he doesn't, I won't feel the disappointment I would have a few months ago. Thanks for the therapy.

Go Big Blue - Defense wins Championships

This is so perfect right down to the Go Big Blue - thanks for the wonderful perspective. And seriously I agree - if he wants to head there and throw down thunderous dunks in front of big crowds who can blame him.

Just hope if it happens the way this seems it will KO and the staff learn because honestly it will be embarrassing to them if he doesn't come here.

Reaction Score
Normally with an announcement imminent you'd see a flurry of crystal ball picks. So 1 of 2 things is happening. Hami isn't committing anywhere and is staying at psa. Or nobody really knows besides Hami. And I think it's the ladder

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Note sure about their sources, but several UConn/UK fans on twitter saying he will not be joining UConn (per their sources).
picture or it didnt happen

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Plot twist: maybe KO was using Diallo as a scout during his Kentucky visit for when we see them in the NCAA Tournament :cool:
When? In 2023?

Reaction Score
If hami indeed picks UK a lot of people in the program would be shocked and disappointed. If this love affair with UK always existed. Then he led a lot of people on. Including KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom