Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 104 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Verbal Commits counts 11 scholarship players for UK this year so they do have room for him.
Well that's not good...

Reaction Score
radio-silence.jpg

Reaction Score
Wouldn't HD have to pay his own way at Kentucky THIS SEMESTER?

And Brimah was much better as a sophomore than Enoch is now

Better defensively, for sure. Not offensively. So the question is, can Enoch learn defense faster than Brimah learned (or yet to learn?) offense?

Reaction Score
There has been talk of Diallo playing this semester, right? Hasn't the semester started and doesn't he have to decide like now? Too late to do this in Feb?

Reaction Score
There has been talk of Diallo playing this semester, right? Hasn't the semester started and doesn't he have to decide like now? Too late to do this in Feb?
Classes in Storrs start the 16th I believe.

Reaction Score
No age limit in the d league, right? He really should go there. This is nuts for a kid to play less than half a season.

Reaction Score
Calipari's pitch to Diallo:

"I have a recruit on the campus last week and what I talked to him about: it's not ego, it's not shots, not minutes, it's aspirations. I have other players come in the room and tell the young man how hard this is to be here. That this isn't for everybody. That you're going to be with other really good players who are going to challenge you everyday. If you're in this only to get shots, and be a part and to chase and go play a 2-3 zone and ... you're not coming here."

Reaction Score

"I have a recruit on the campus last week and what I talked to him about: it's not ego, it's not shots, not minutes, it's aspirations. I have other players come in the room and tell the young man how hard this is to be here. That this isn't for everybody. That you're going to be with other really good players who are going to challenge you everyday. If you're in this only to get shots, and be a part and to chase and go play a 2-3 zone and ... you're not coming here."
What the hell does this even mean?

Reaction Score

jesus, this **** is pretty condescending. i don't have any problem with him bashing our program (especially when we squashed them in '11 and '14) but it really feels like he is talking down to a kid who has a completely legitimate decision to make.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Yeah but if Hami comes here he would have to put up with all the nitwits like us on the BY

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What the hell does this even mean?
It was a shot at Syracuse. UConn is only playing zone because a maximum of only 8 scholarship players are available on any given game day and, no offense intended, but other than Adams, they are arguably the bottom 8 scholarships. Maybe this would work on another player, but Diallo has seen enough of UConn to know what their situation is.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It was a shot at Syracuse. UConn is only playing zone because a maximum of only 8 scholarship players are available on any given game day and, no offense intended, but other than Adams, they are arguably the bottom 8 scholarships. Maybe this would work on another player, but Diallo has seen enough of UConn to know what their situation is.

It was a shot at us.

Reaction Score

As much as I hate the guy, and that's a lot, he's a damn good salesman.
He basically tweaks the pitch to whatever will get the recruit to commit.

I just hope Diallo is smart enough to see thru this, and actually realizes that he gets to play this year at UConn vs the "better choice of having aspirations at UK" since there's no playing time for him there this year.

Reaction Score
It was a shot at us.

Agreed, we're the main competition for UK as we're the only other official visit he has taken.
I don't think Cal is worrying about Cuse anymore, for Diallo at least.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
As much as I hate the guy, and that's a lot, he's a damn good salesman.
He basically tweaks the pitch to whatever will get the recruit to commit.

I just hope Diallo is smart enough to see thru this, and actually realizes that he gets to play this year at UConn vs the "better choice of having aspirations at UK" since there's no playing time for him there this year.

That's what any decent recruiter would do. He doesn't have to make hardcore, convincing pitches when he's got the whole world, the casual fan world, blowing him and his players and his program to the point where they're the best at everything regardless of the situation.

Reaction Score
He may just be setting it up where if Diallo doesn't pick UK, it's because he couldn't "handle" playing in the current Cal structure. It's not that Cal couldn't beat Ollie on a recruit, it's that the recruit couldn't will himself to make some massive commitment to do things the "Cal" way.

Reaction Score

Just as an FYI, I read this quote right after the Quade Green visit. It happened BEFORE Diallo's visit.

Reaction Score

The man is so FOS lol. I honestly don't know if he even believes half of what he ends up saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom