Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 102 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Without Diallo our inside game is Larrier and Enoch, plus Durham? Hmm. To me that means we are maybe a touch better than mid conference level. We need another game changing player and I don't care what is being said about our incoming class, I don't see it especially inside.

Can you remind me of our inside game in 2014?

Reaction Score
The goal would be to get some contributions from Polley, Carlton and Diarra at the 4-5

Without Diallo our inside game is Larrier and Enoch, plus Durham? Hmm. To me that means we are maybe a touch better than mid conference level. We need another game changing player and I don't care what is being said about our incoming class, I don't see it especially inside.

Reaction Score
a front line comprised enoch durham diarra carlton and polley is not what i envisioned entering next year... Enoch is so far behind even sophomore phil nolan, i really don't see how he is going to be playing 25 mpg next season.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
A shooter is a shooter, Vance is shooting 31% from the field and 28% from 3. Those are putrid stats and as of right now he doesn't do much else, so he needs to get that right.
Yes. I expect him to be close to 40% next yr. Remember Scottie Haralson?

He was a shooter that didn't work as a freshman. He shot 27% from 3 that yr. Then he transferred to Tulsa. He ended up getting playing time and his 3pfg %'s were 37.4% 40.7% and 36% which is respectable. Vance is a better shooter than Scottie. Speed of the game makes a big difference. Gotta get set faster, etc. I guarantee he's knocking them down in practice.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
a front line comprised enoch durham diarra carlton and polley is not what i envisioned entering next year... Enoch is so far behind even sophomore phil nolan, i really don't see how he is going to be playing 25 mpg next season.
I expect a healthy Durham to take a lot of those minutes.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is only my thoughts - I have heard nothing
If Ham was going to go to Kensucky I really think he would have signed by now. The Squid went running after him 2 days after the visit and still didn't close the deal.
Looking at some of the UConn player's tweets, some SEEM to indicate a good chance of him coming to UConn next week.
It's almost too late for the Zona visit and if he wanted to play in a good situation this coming semester I would think that Zona would have taken priority over Kensucky
He can get all the playing time he wants at UConn right away - nobody of any real consequence is going to lose PT
I may be totally wrong but in my mind, the most logical choice is Storrs - but it won't be the 1st time I am wrong

Reaction Score
What an honor that would be for Hami to practice against UK's guards.

It's not like they are even scrimmaging at this point of the year so he'd get to play defense against the 1st team while they learn to break the press wow thanks Cal. And as long as everyone leaves like we hope, you should play a lot next year. The only guarantees you have are form Cal's mouth, and I hope he knows how they worked for many others.

What a plan

Reaction Score
Get lost clown, think about it as a business decision for the kid. He would have committed to UConn by now if it wasn't. It's close to home comparatively speaking, his BF goes here, he knows the team and coaches better than anyone else, etc.

Please stop you're not thinking of the kid at all, you're just once again trying to post the most negative reaction that comes to you, as always. He's not wrong I'm afraid, never ends on your trash.

Reaction Score

Enoch's development - or lack there of - has been maybe the most disappointing part of this season. I was really hoping we would be able to slide him into the starting center position next year without losing much. Brimah has been an enigma as always but he looks like Duncan next to what Enoch has given us.

Reaction Score
Enoch's development - or lack there of - has been maybe the most disappointing part of this season. I was really hoping we would be able to slide him into the starting center position next year without losing much. Brimah has been an enigma as always but he looks like Duncan next to what Enoch has given us.
Teams will have a field day in the paint against us next year. Not to mention Enoch will foul out of the games before they even begin as our starting 5.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Teams will have a field day in the paint against us next year. Not to mention Enoch will foul out of the games before they even begin as our starting 5.

I agree we will miss Brimah next season on defense in the paint. Enoch has not shown much of the shot-blocking ability, and so far opponents have been able to score over him. Perhaps Durham?

Reaction Score
I actually like the thought process offensively of Enoch this year, just not the results. He has a left hand and right which is unusual and has good shot form, and decent drop step, but I think is just really thinking about everything to much rather than playing it. Again, he's a young guy and will develop. Remember how much Travis Knight developed from soph to junior year and junior year to senior year? I think this is possible with Steven. Both he and AB still push off with hands way to much below the waist but hopefully SE will get things a bit quicker than AB who seems to be the exact same player he was as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Enoch has all the tools but his awareness is next level lacking. His +/- per 40 min is -27, which is well past twice as bad as anyone else on the team.

FWIW - Vital leads the team in all +/- categories, but to be fair to Jalen he plays almost every minute for a losing team, so he's hopeless in this area.

Reaction Score
I actually like the thought process offensively of Enoch this year, just not the results. He has a left hand and right which is unusual and has good shot form, and decent drop step, but I think is just really thinking about everything to much rather than playing it. Again, he's a young guy and will develop. Remember how much Travis Knight developed from soph to junior year and junior year to senior year? I think this is possible with Steven. Both he and AB still push off with hands way to much below the waist but hopefully SE will get things a bit quicker than AB who seems to be the exact same player he was as a freshman.

I've already seen much better technique boxing out by Steve this year, but not consistently. But he is reading some shots going up and getting position early unlike AB or Kentan have really ever done. So I expect it will continue to improve and he will be a solid rebounder. Like his slow but positive improvement on the block, as you said being able to use both hands is great and like Pudge said he has good, quick hands. The only hold back is his inability to stay out of foul trouble mostly because of his lack of knowledge on the defensive end in reading the play/players in front of him as well as on the help side. If this ever kicks in, we will have a solid big guy but again we need to start seeing it.

Reaction Score

Enoch should be reaching to be as good as nolan, he is nowhere near AB and probably wont be next year. He doesn't have a left hand and a right hand, he has neither. He should focus on shedding maybe 10-20 pounds, he is just too slow at the moment it has nothing to do with overthinking.

Reaction Score
Enoch has all the tools but his awareness is next level lacking. His +/- per 40 min is -27, which is well past twice as bad as anyone else on the team.

FWIW - Vital leads the team in all +/- categories, but to be fair to Jalen he plays almost every minute for a losing team, so he's hopeless in this area.

I'm sorry Stats because I really like your posts and respect stats for the most part but +/- favoring Vital shows you all you need to know about how accurate that is. I mean I love the kid but if he's leading something is wrong with the system and it's not allowing all the variables to be in play.

Reaction Score
Enoch should be reaching to be as good as nolan, he is nowhere near AB and probably wont be next year. He doesn't have a left hand and a right hand, he has neither. He should focus on shedding maybe 10-20 pounds, he is just too slow at the moment it has nothing to do with overthinking.

Wow James coming from you I'm amazed. He does have a left and a right and at times is already as impactful on the court as AB as a soph.. You only see what you want to see - blocks a shot, misses a rebound. Blocks a shot, drifts too far beyond the foul line late to the party a 5'9 kid lays one up and in. Who's that?

He had a decent game the other night pretty much played well enough to even off the good and the bad, but he's only had 3-4 of those. And how do you miss the front side of a 1-1 and almost hit the bottom of the front of the rim?

Just saying Enoch is not as good as Brimah is as a senior, at least not that often, but he will be and more than likely better. He will stand up a lot more often too like a man.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry Stats because I really like your posts and respect stats for the most part but +/- favoring Vital shows you all you need to know about how accurate that is. I mean I love the kid but if he's leading something is wrong with the system and it's not allowing all the variables to be in play.
I think what it's really showing is that the team is just plain bad, but Vital is replacing Purvis or Jackson when he comes in, both of whom have been incredibly poor shooters this year, and Vital is probably the best defender of the group. So we just play a little better when he's in.

There is no replacement for Jalen, and +/- is basically a comparison of replacements, so it doesn't tell us much about him at all.

Brimah is 2nd on the team in +/-, and considering he has Enoch as a replacement, that's not too surprising either.

Reaction Score
I think what it's really showing is that the team is just plain bad, but Vital is replacing Purvis or Jackson when he comes in, both of whom have been incredibly poor shooters this year, and Vital is probably the best defender of the group.

Totally agree, impressed with Vital on D no doubt. Kid plays hard, fights through picks and has a wonderful understanding of that side of the ball for a freshman. Good point there!

Reaction Score
Wow James coming from you I'm amazed. He does have a left and a right and at times is already as impactful on the court as AB as a soph.. You only see what you want to see - blocks a shot, misses a rebound. Blocks a shot, drifts too far beyond the foul line late to the party a 5'9 kid lays one up and in. Who's that?

He had a decent game the other night pretty much played well enough to even off the good and the bad, but he's only had 3-4 of those. And how do you miss the front side of a 1-1 and almost hit the bottom of the front of the rim?

Just saying Enoch is not as good as Brimah is as a senior, at least not that often, but he will be and more than likely better. He will stand up a lot more often too like a man.

Youre completely biased and not looking at things without your anti-ab goggles on

AB Sophomore season stats per 40 minutes- 14 points 7 rebounds and 5 blocks and 4 fouls shooting 67% from the field and 65% from FT line

Enoch per 40 this year- 10 points 10 rebounds 2 blocks and 7 fouls shooting 37% from the field and 37% from the FT line

"But they were all dunks!" well atleast AB can dunk, enoch can't dunk. he's missed maybe 3 this year and rarely offers 'vertical spacing', which is a thing. No one has a 'left or right hand' when they shoot 37% as a center. Not going to even address how much you think blocks are useless.

Reaction Score
James, how the heck do you know what it has to do with? Yes it may not be overthinking, but that can be an issue when you have guys trying to come into their own. They work hard and do it in practice and then in the game you can almost see them thinking about the move rather than just doing it - which often comes with more PT and confidence. Usually with bigs things take a bit longer so that it just comes natural. I may be wrong, but that's what I see with Steve. He's got tools, he's got the body and would certainly not want him to lost 20 pounds and now he just needs to get confidence and continue to develop.

Reaction Score
Defensively he is but offense Phil Nolan could only dream of having his offensive moves even if doesn't go in as much as it should. Phil was also a very limited player and didn't really do much his senior year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom