Grad Transfers and Marijuana Use | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Grad Transfers and Marijuana Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Diarra question needs to be asked. Is he ever going to play again, and if not or if he can but limited with discomfort what do we do with him? Even if he can play where does he fit in Hurley’s 4 out spacing based offense? We need scholarships, we’re already down a scholarship we really can’t afford to have question marks taking up scholarships.
We're not allowed to talk about it but hints are certainly out there.

Reaction Score
That was considered a huge get for Kansas at the time.

What happened? Bad fit?
Was just talking about KU last night with my friend who is connected to their program. Simply put, KU is a program for some players to go and die basketball wise. Self is great for some players like Frank Mason Jr. and Devonte Graham but he's also a disaster for a bunch of 4 and 5 stars. Self picks favorites and if he wants to bury you on the bench or force your hand to leave he does so and the player has very little choice in the matter.

His system works but their fans are always left asking what happened to that 5 star recruit? We are down big to an underdog in the tournament, why are those studs sitting at the end of our bench?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Was just talking about KU last night with my friend who is connected to their program. Simply put, KU is a program for some players to go and die basketball wise. Self is great for some players like Frank Mason Jr. and Devonte Graham but he's also a disaster for a bunch of 4 and 5 stars. Self picks favorites and if he wants to bury you on the bench or force your hand to leave he does so and the player has very little choice in the matter.

His system works but their fans are always left asking what happened to that 5 star recruit? We are down big to an underdog in the tournament, why are those studs sitting at the end of our bench?

Fair enough.

He was a shooter at cal iirc.

He would be a nice get, but I’m not holding my breath either.

Reaction Score
Fair enough.

He was a shooter at cal iirc.

He would be a nice get, but I’m not holding my breath either.

Committed to Memphis, recommitted, went to Cal, transferred to Kansas, transferring again. All this for a kid who’s a sophomore. Idk how much interest id have in a kid like that. (Additionally, always been a sub 40% from the field kid)

Reaction Score
As soon as the season is over I am sure Chris Beard will be on speed dial with TJ Holyfield. He checks every box to incorporate into his defensive philosophy after losing Owens. He will turn Holyfield into even more of a defensive menace than he already is.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

The number of 4-5 star guys who never play there seems really high. Some had issues, but others didn't want to play defense. That will earn you a spot on the bench with Self. I don't think any coach is burying a kid with lots of talent who plays hard. Most of those guys who transfer disappear and don't do anything.

Reaction Score
I'm slightly surprised. But one of our reporters should really find out about Diarra and if his knee condition has ended his basketball career or not. If so, I would love if they could work something out where he stays at uconn (though not on scholarship) as a manager or student assistant or whatever. I don't know the rules on that but it seems like he loves UConn.

He can stay on scholarship without it counting against the limit if he foregoes the right to play any more. That happens with athletes from time to time.

Reaction Score
The number of 4-5 star guys who never play there seems really high. Some had issues, but others didn't want to play defense. That will earn you a spot on the bench with Self. I don't think any coach is burying a kid with lots of talent who plays hard. Most of those guys who transfer disappear and don't do anything.

Andrew White transferred from Kansas to Nebraska and was all conference and averaged 16 ppg

Reaction Score
Could definitely see him coming here if we reached out. Closer to his home and his old coach. If we had him and the UNLV guy training all next year together, with our recruits, 2020-2021 season could be scary.

Isiah Washington’s numbers are not good. Really poor shooter. Not sure they should take him, especially if he has to sit and take a scholly. I’ll take Ntambwe though.

Reaction Score

Because I know him personally would like to mention Micah Downs left KU after his freshman year then transferred to Gonazaga to play for Few and had a great career. Self is a great coach but not perfect

Reaction Score
Could definitely see him coming here if we reached out. Closer to his home and his old coach. If we had him and the UNLV guy training all next year together, with our recruits, 2020-2021 season could be scary.
He’s like MAL. Wouldn’t want to go after him at this point.

Reaction Score
It'd be a flyer for sure but I personally would take a chance on Isaiah, showed some seriously good flashes Freshman year and a development year close to his family could be exactly what it takes to get him back to where he should be. #2 player in NY and #62 in Top 100 only two years ago. Plus his friendship with Sid Wilson

Reaction Score
He’s like MAL. Wouldn’t want to go after him at this point.
MAL has at least shown flashes of being a competent defender. Wouldn't touch Washington under any conceivable circumstances

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He can stay on scholarship without it counting against the limit if he foregoes the right to play any more. That happens with athletes from time to time.
Really? I didn't know that. Is there a medical component or is it just agreement not to play?

Reaction Score

Don't take this as me saying "Look how good he is" but look at it as how high his ceiling could be, and don't underestimate how much a year off can help with that. At Nebraska we've had guys come in averaging 4ppg on 25% shooting then average 17ppg and be all conference after their year off, system fit and a solid work ethic can really boost it, and the talent/connection is there.

Reaction Score
It'd be a flyer for sure but I personally would take a chance on Isaiah, showed some seriously good flashes Freshman year and a development year close to his family could be exactly what it takes to get him back to where he should be. #2 player in NY and #62 in Top 100 only two years ago. Plus his friendship with Sid Wilson

Wasn't GTown transfer Copeland killing it there until the injury this year? I mean seemed to me they were on their way at least to the NIT of not the dance when he was healthy. They played some very good games that I watched, both W's and close L's.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Someone familiar with Stanford told me today that Jaiden Delaire is considering a transfer. Doubt we would be involved as he overlaps with Polley and Akok and looked horrendous last year for Stanford. Seems like he may be a lemon that we missed on.

Reaction Score
Someone familiar with Stanford told me today that Jaiden Delaire is considering a transfer. Doubt we would be involved as he overlaps with Polley and Akok and looked horrendous last year for Stanford. Seems like he may be a lemon that we missed on.
are you sure we don't want his 17.6% 3pt shooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom