Grad Transfers and Marijuana Use | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Grad Transfers and Marijuana Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brown was '16, Hami diallo was '17

Found a few others from Matrim/Fishy that I couldn't quote for some reason, but looks like it was both

I've changed my tune as I've learned more – from folks who are close to the program, and folks I trust – about how thoroughly we ignored quality players like Brown, Harvey & Beatty for fear of "scaring off" Diallo.

I'm also not saying that Ollie "should have known." Kids are kids. But it's very much his job to make sure we don't get caught in situations where we're at a talent deficit because we spent two years tilting at a 5-star windmill. As optimistic as I was in January, the departures and losses on the recruiting trail have shown my rosier-than-most outlook to be misplaced.

The good news is that it does look like he's learned a lesson. He made a necessary change to the staff, for one. For two, our pursuit of Waters, and the fact that we went after & signed Anderson so early, suggests he's not going to be waiting on talents like Quickley (for example) anymore. No more white whales, just good players we can hopefully sign, keep and develop.

Learning to run a program takes time, btw, so even if we have another subpar year I don't think KO should be fired (unless it's an absolute catastrophe). I'll be very worried, though, if we have a bad year next year, and a bad time on the recruiting trail, and it's because of the same things we just experienced. If that's the case KO will be, and should be, in trouble.

Tremont Waters doesn't want to go to Georgetown

Reaction Score
Not if you get high every day. Eventually it will scramble your noggin. Ample stoner examples out there. That's why they're trying to pack the positives into a little pill or oil. I'm not a research doctor, but i play one on tv.

I don’t smoke it. I take a 15 mg pure CBD pill daily. Then in the evening I take about 5mg THC. THC is the psychoactive component of marijuana so I wait until bed time for that part. That said, the studies are showing that both in conjunction kill cancer cells better than one or the other alone

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Ok, so maybe long term, daily use of weed leads to whatever. Maybe. Who cares though if a college kid is smoking weed? Lots of people do it, and it’s better than boozing actually.

As long as he’s not stupid about it, then this is completely irrelevant. If he is stupid about it, then there are other things to be concerned about than weed

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I can't believe weed is still a thing.
In a way, it barely is. No one buys flower anymore. It's all edibles and concentrates. I will be ecstatic if it's legalized though because I'd like to smoke a joint or blunt outside again. Vapes just hide the smell better

Reaction Score
In a way, it barely is. No one buys flower anymore. It's all edibles and concentrates. I will be ecstatic if it's legalized though because I'd like to smoke a joint or blunt outside again. Vapes just hide the smell better
You don't think people buy weed anymore?

Reaction Score
I think there is a difference between smoking once daily and smoking all day every day.

Not to mention that not all weed is equal. There are so many different types, strains etc and each have different potentcies and effects.

I think the main serious issue is that there are people who are predisposed to schizophrenia and similar mental illnesses which are manifested after smoking weed. For the vast majority smoking weed is harmless. It is probably a good idea to avoid smoking weed until you are in your mid 20s though.

Reaction Score
You don't think people buy weed anymore?
Not in natural form. At least percentage wise, not as many that used to. Everyone I know gets cartridges and edibles.

Reaction Score
Not in natural form. At least percentage wise, not as many that used to. Everyone I know gets cartridges and edibles.
Pretty true out here in Denver. Don't really see people smoking out of blunts, bowls or bongs any more. Joints still fairly common because they sell pre rolled so it's convenient

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Chris Clarke’s visit here back in the day went off the rails - I’d be stunned if he considered UConn. He dropped UConn from his list halfway through the visit....that’s rare.

Beyond whatever happened with the pot bust, the kid got suspended for an entire year at Virginia Tech.

There are red flags on top of red flags with Clarke. And on top of those red flags are teeny tiny little men waving more red flags.

C

Chief00

Rayjon Tucker from Little Rock is going Grad transfer too. 20ppg and 7rpg. Played well against some big teams this past year. 6-5 guard who can handle the ball.
Against...Nevada 21pts/ 4 reb, Tulsa 24/10, Memphis 29/4, Georgetown, 16/14. Shot 49% from the field and 41% from 3 this past year.

Yes, Chief is aware.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Chris Clarke’s visit here back in the day went off the rails - I’d be stunned if he considered UConn. He dropped UConn from his list halfway through the visit....that’s rare.

Beyond whatever happened with the pot bust, the kid got suspended for an entire year at Virginia Tech.

There are red flags on top of red flags with Clarke. And on top of those red flags are teeny tiny little men waving more red flags.

Common sense is not allowed on the Boneyard, don't you know that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Is this kid a former hs teammate of AG's?

Yes - he’s from Ohio, but he moved to Georgia for his senior year of high school.

I think he’s transferring to Missouri State or something like that.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I think there is a difference between smoking once daily and smoking all day every day.

Not to mention that not all weed is equal. There are so many different types, strains etc and each have different potentcies and effects.
I can pull up lots of other studies if you like ...

Reaction Score
I can pull up lots of other studies if you like ...

Whoa, now, don't start confusing people with the facts when they're busy rationalizing how harmless it is to smoke, ingest, slather on, a substance that changes their mental state.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Whoa, now, don't start confusing people with the facts when they're busy rationalizing how harmless it is to smoke, ingest, slather on, a substance that changes their mental state.
Facts? The fact is that it is far less harmful than alcohol and can be taxed to help states pay for things like roads and other infrastructure. Anything that isn't done in moderation can be problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom