Grad Transfers and Marijuana Use | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Grad Transfers and Marijuana Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I know the point you’re trying to make, but Kentan Facey wasn’t even serviceable till the second half of his junior year...and yeah, big men take a little longer, but at least with Carlton you can see consistent improvements.

Think about how much better bazz would be with 4 years of Calhoun.....(am I doing it right?)[/QUOTE]

And how much better did you want him to be in 2013-2014??????????????????????????

Reaction Score
Playing time here is the furthest thing from limited, there is more playing time available here than pretty much any frontcourt in America.
While you say the team has frontcourt depth issues, I think the more specific depth issue is at center.

Cobb and Yakwe are graduating and the team has Akok coming in, Polley back and hopefully Diarra returning.

On that note, any realistic grad transfer frontcourt guy we bring in is looking at 15-20 minutes per game.

Reaction Score
While you say the team has frontcourt depth issues, I think the more specific depth issue is at center.

Cobb and Yakwe are graduating and the team has Akok coming in, Polley back and hopefully Diarra returning.

On that note, any realistic grad transfer frontcourt guy we bring in is looking at 15-20 minutes per game.

Not a single player on our roster knows what it takes to win at the college level. I’d say tons of minutes are up for grabs.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Still no Uconn players on the transfer portal. Am I the only one surprised by this?

Reaction Score
Still no Uconn players on the transfer portal. Am I the only one surprised by this?

I'm slightly surprised. But one of our reporters should really find out about Diarra and if his knee condition has ended his basketball career or not. If so, I would love if they could work something out where he stays at uconn (though not on scholarship) as a manager or student assistant or whatever. I don't know the rules on that but it seems like he loves UConn.

Reaction Score
Not Grad Transfers, but here is the total Transfer portal link.. 2019 Basketball Transfer Portal

GIve me Daniel Giddens and Kira Lewis and I'll be smitten as a kitten.

I realize that Giddens isn't great, but getting a grad transfer for one year that helps bring in Kira and then once Giddens graduates going after another sought-after big is better than taking a flier on an unrecruited big for four years

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I realize that Giddens isn't great, but getting a grad transfer for one year that helps bring in Kira and then once Giddens graduates going after another sought-after big is better than taking a flier on an unrecruited big for four years

Do we actually have any chance of getting either of these guys, or is this just wishful thinking?

Reaction Score
Why are people leaving ND?

They lost 4 starters, 6 guys total (one to injury) from the year before so brought in a lot of new guys and were pretty bad all year. Things are just shaking out.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The Diarra question needs to be asked. Is he ever going to play again, and if not or if he can but limited with discomfort what do we do with him? Even if he can play where does he fit in Hurley’s 4 out spacing based offense? We need scholarships, we’re already down a scholarship we really can’t afford to have question marks taking up scholarships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom