Grad Transfer Evelyn Adebayo commits to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Grad Transfer Evelyn Adebayo commits to UConn

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
depth? I would expect her to start..... Nice addition

I was thinking the same thing but decided not to post it. I didn’t want to jump the gun, but pending who else Geno brings in, I concur with your observation. A very nice addition to be sure.

This takes pressure off of Aubrey Griffin to start as Christyn was forced to as a freshman. Evie appears to be a player that is not afraid of contact on either end of the court. Like Collier, she’ll get in there and bang bodies for rebounds.

She has no idea how many new fans and boosters she picked up today. Now all of the nervous Nellies can step back from the ledge. I think we’re going to be ok. I still look for Geno to bring in two more players, Westbrook and a BIG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
not sure how much of a scorer she will be in the UConn system but Evelyn certainly is a valuable addition as a rebounder and defender..........if there are no other recruits up front, hopefully she can team up with Camara to give UConn a consistent physical court presence

Reaction Score
I hope you get an informed answer. I am also curious about whether grads have to enter the portal, and whether they can be repped by an agent. By a paid agent?

Definitely not a paid agent. They may use an adviser of some type that can assist, but they also cannot be paid. Technically cannot be anyone in a position to influence her towards representation after her eligibility is exhausted.

Reaction Score
Definitely not a paid agent. They may use an adviser of some type that can assist, but they also cannot be paid. Technically cannot be anyone in a position to influence her towards representation after her eligibility is exhausted.
Thanks.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I hope you get an informed answer. I am also curious about whether grads have to enter the portal, and whether they can be repped by an agent. By a paid agent?
Paying a personal trainer/coach is perfectly acceptable for an amateur but once you get into paying an agent to represent you, I think you're now in the realm of professionalism.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Cant Ania be Lou's replacement?
Yes she can. Techically Lou has duel citizenship, at least for basketball purposes. Karlie plays for GB on their National team. So one Brit for another..............Hear Hear!!

Reaction Score
I like the pickup a lot, but based on the photo standing next to Geno, she does not appear to be 6-1. The good news is pretty much all the players have their height exaggerated.

SLU: Noticed that too. But he probably has his dancing shores on for such photo ops, eh?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
How cool is that...Evelyn comes from one of my Alma Mater schools. I went to Murray State Univesity in 1974-1976 where I went to graduate school for an MS in Fishery Biology. Racers basketball was big on campus...as they sold out their gym for every home game. A lot of the players on the men's team were from the greater New York area so the teams played fast and loose and the games were exciting.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Did you ever get to meet Murray?
missed-him-by-that-much.jpg

John passed in 1842.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
After watching the video, she seems to have some Gabby in her passing, some Lou in her 3 pt shooting, and a lot of Pheesa in her drop back shot around the basket. I believe that she will be a welcome addition to the 2019-20 season. Hopefully she can help the seniors get their NC.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One more thought on Evelyn. In the highlight film, she appears to be the tallest player on the floor for Murray St, and is typically matched up against the opposing team's center, and yet, she creates fits for opposing Bigs. I consider TN's 6'3" Cheridene Green their best interior defender, and there are several occasions on the film where Evelyn just flat out abuses her. At UConn, Evelyn will get to play the 4 and be matched up against smaller defenders she can overpower. At the same time, with Liv and Evelyn on the court together, Megan could move to the 3 to play against smaller wings that she can overpower. It's going to be a lot of fun next year to watch UConn be the physical team.

Reaction Score
Well if nothing else from the video she can get up and down the court so she will definitely help in transition.

I tend to temper my expectations of what the season will be like until games are being played, but things are definitely looking up. This is why the "To Early Top 25" articles are so absurd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom