Grad Transfer Evelyn Adebayo commits to UConn | The Boneyard

Grad Transfer Evelyn Adebayo commits to UConn

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Boom! Geno is a freaking machine at this point!

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
out of Murray State

A grad transfer that can help us right now!! A quick look at her stats shows that she is a double double producer. The flood gates are open. Oh what a relief it is!! When I logged on just now, this is the kind of post I was hoping to see. Thanks Cat. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

6'1" Forward
First team All-Ohio Valley Conference
18.2 ppg / 11.4 rpg
School record 19 double-doubles
Sat out a year after transferring to Murray State from Gardner-Webb
High School in London
Selected to play for Great Britain in U20

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

6'1" Forward
First team All-OVC
18.2 ppg
School record 19 double-doubles
Sat out a year already after transferring to MSU from Gardner-Webb
High School in London
Selected to play for Great Britain in U20
Sounds like Pheesa's replacement, now if we can only get one for Lou.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This adds much needed front court depth for the Huskies. Evelyn was the best player by far on the Racers team.

Geno replaces one double-double machine (Pheesa) with another. Evelyn had two of her best games In OOC games vs SEC teams. She put up 20 & 9 vs KY and 28 & 5 vs TN.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thank you very much VaMike23. This video is right on time. It gives us an opportunity to meet her and see her in action.

After watching this short 9 minute video, I’ve got just 3 words to say................I like her!!! :) She’ll fit right in. She can help us!!! I'm not suggesting she'll start, but she will get lots of minutes. Being an experienced veteran, I don’t look for her to have a problem picking up the system. She's not a blank canvass. She already understands the game. I’d say within the first 5 games including the two exhibition games. If Geno and staff didn't think she could pick their system quickly, they would not have offered her.

She'll be one of the oldest and most experienced players on the court. She’s a player Geno won’t hesitate to play. Between the summer pick-up games and a month of practice, she should blend right in immediately. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
This adds much needed front court depth for the Huskies. Evelyn was the best player by far on the Racers team.

Geno replaces one double-double machine (Pheesa) with another. Evelyn had two of her best games In OOC games vs SEC teams. She put up 20 & 9 vs KY and 28 & 5 vs TN.

depth? I would expect her to start..... Nice addition

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
depth? I would expect her to start.
As of right now I agree with you, but if Westbrook commits to UConn and she secures a waiver, I see Evelyn 1st off the bench at forward and Ania 1st off the bench at guard. Assuming that Aubrey develops to the point where Geno trusts her, UConn could end up with an extremely versatile 8 player rotation by the end of the season.

Reaction Score
After watching this short video, I got just 3 words for her......I like her!!! She’ll do. She’ll fit right in.
Wonderful, wonderful news! I'm elated and it's apparent that she has some size and has some of the traits that we fell in love with Pheesa for ..... Not suggesting she's at that level but from her play against two good SEC teams, it suggests that she's got some very nice skills .....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
After watching this short video, I got just 3 words for her......I like her!!! She’ll do. She’ll fit right in.
That'll do, pig, that'll do!! LOL

Thank god we finally got a recruit. It's only been 2 days and I was going thru withdrawal...!!!!

LOVE this. Front court depth. Not a 6'3"+ to spell ONO, but with this depth and size and skill and strength and talent, UCONN is moving (if they haven't already) into a position to be able to challenge Baylor and Oregon as the best team in the nation.

Welcome to UCONN Evelyn! UCONN nation is thrilled to welcome you to the family!!! #BleedBlue

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
6'1 ? o.0

I like the pickup a lot, but based on the photo standing next to Geno, she does not appear to be 6-1. The good news is pretty much all the players have their height exaggerated.

Reaction Score
gotta admit this is a player I know next to nothing about, from video she is a bit undersized but seems to have a somewhat similar game to Batouly C especially in her aggression on the boards...............according to her team stats she averaged around 35 minutes per game and had 20/9 against Kentucky in a bad loss, 28/5 against Tennessee is a slightly less bad loss and 23/13 against Illinois in a third loss versus bigger DI teams..................should be interesting to watch her in a UConn uniform..............who would have thought that UConn would sign three international players in the space of one month...........that's gotta be a first

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Starting five is now set, CD, CW3, ONO, Megatron, and Evelyn, with either Camara or Ania first off the bench depending on the situation. Then add in Audrey, Kyla, and Molly. I predict that we will not lose any Conference games and be very challenging in every game. Guess Geno gets his 13th straight final four and maybe #12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom