GoT Season Seven | Page 6 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How exactly would Jon and Gendry prove their bloodline? I don't think AncestryDNA is available in Westeros yet. Jon has been known as Ned's bastard his whole life, who is going to prove he's Targaryen? Same for Gendry. He's just going to walk in and say "Oh, by the way, I'm a Baratheon"?

Isn't there something in the Stark family crypts (Leanna's specifically) which hints strongly at it? Maybe that was in the books.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I dunno. Probably Bran is the relayer of this. Hes the one seeing Young Ned in the Tower all the time.

People (Howland Reed) are still alive from that visit to the Tower where Ned gets his sisters baby. Howland Reed is Meera's father.

Also I think maybe the Citadel has lots of records. Look at all those books!

Howland Reed is for sure the key. A Bran reveal, with Howland coming to back that claim.

Don't think it would be in the Citadel. Too hush hush for that.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Isn't there something in the Stark family crypts (Leanna's specifically) which hints strongly at it? Maybe that was in the books.

Gendrys proof might be more dicey but Im spitballing here.

Didnt Ned send out a letter in Season 1 to all 7 kingdoms claiming that Cerseis kids were not Baratheons? That kinda started the whole war didnt it? Ned found Gendry by looking for all of Roberts bastards. Did he tell someone? I cant remember.

August_West

Reaction Score
Question for Book Readers (and this is casting not story related, not a spoiler)

Is the guy the got to play Euron the worst casing of the series. He is NOTHING like the book. They hit it out of the park with much of their casting. A couple fails; Dario #1 comes to mind, but they fixed that.

Euron is NOTHING like this guy they cast or are writing.

This show still really grabs me for the tables they have set but the dialogue and some character choices since they went ahead of the books seem more like B movie material.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Gendrys proof might be more dicey but Im spitballing here.

Didnt Ned send out a letter in Season 1 to all 7 kingdoms claiming that Cerseis kids were not Baratheons? That kinda started the whole war didnt it? Ned found Gendry by looking for all of Roberts bastards. Did he tell someone? I cant remember.

Ned was very, very good at bumblingly starting conflicts. Dude should have just stayed in his keep, and left the Game to men more suited than he.

Ned did tell someone, but I can't remember who. Someone who helped get the kid North I think?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Question for Book Readers (and this is casting not story related, not a spoiler)

Is the guy the got to play Euron the worst casing of the series. He is NOTHING like the book. They hit it out of the park with much of their casting. A couple fails; Dario #1 comes to mind, but they fixed that.

This show still really grabs me for the tables they have set but the dialogue and some character choices since they went ahead of the books seem more like B movie material.

True. In fact, he resembles a Daario character type more than Euron. Euron was a !@#king badass. Intimidating.

I absolutely 100% disagree completely disagree on Daario casting.

The second Daario also vies for the poor casting title imo. Dude is like some heartthrob out of a romance novel. Daario was supposed to be a sleazy dude, both with women, and in his dealings. Kind of slimy who switches sides at a moments notice. An opportunist. Girls were supposed to be kinda disgusted by this guy, but secretly attracted at the same time*. The guy in the first season nailed that (too bad he overplayed his hand). Dany getting together with him was supposed to be a little out of character in a way, or character expanding (pun).

*note, every girl I talk irl to loves this guy and thinks he's the dreamboat type. that's not MY Daario Naharis.

Reaction Score
True. In fact, he resembles a Daario character type more than Euron. Euron was a !@#king badass. Intimidating.

Euron should have looked like this guy:

latest

The actor they went with, you're left wondering "Could he beat his niece in a fight? Tough call."

When Euron leaves, he says he'll bring Cersei a priceless gift. We'll find out soon, but I have to assume this is something he has on hand, but didn't want to reveal yet. Cersei needs his ships and soldiers now, so the gift can't be something he has to go searching for.

Reaction Score
Well they blew about two minutes on piss pots, so that's not much better. Was funny though. Like a scene out of Snatch or Lock Stock.

It seems like poor planning that the soup bowls and bed pans in the Citadel look exactly the same. If Sam got his own sitcom spinoff, he'd accidentally send the bowls intended for the hospital to the kitchen once an episode.

August_West

Reaction Score
It seems like poor planning that the soup bowls and bed pans in the Citadel look exactly the same. If Sam got his own sitcom spinoff, he'd accidentally send the bowls intended for the hospital to the kitchen once an episode.

That scene was totally out of place.it was like a scene in Better Call Saul

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How exactly would Jon and Gendry prove their bloodline? I don't think AncestryDNA is available in Westeros yet. Jon has been known as Ned's bastard his whole life, who is going to prove he's Targaryen? Same for Gendry. He's just going to walk in and say "Oh, by the way, I'm a Baratheon"?

Jon could use Howland Reed as a witness that he was Lyanna's baby.
Gendry would be able to argue that two Hands of the King identified him as Robert's bastard. The evidence was compelling enough for the Lannister's to send soldiers after Gendry in order to kill him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
When Euron leaves, he says he'll bring Cersei a priceless gift. We'll find out soon, but I have to assume this is something he has on hand, but didn't want to reveal yet. Cersei needs his ships and soldiers now, so the gift can't be something he has to go searching for.

Well, this might be a spoiler, but it's in the books. Don't read if you don't want to know what I'm referring to. I'm not saying this is it, but this is it:

Euron reportedly had possession of a famous horn which allowed the user to take control of Dragons.

fwiw I had Euron looking like this in my head while reading the books. For those who like Black Sails:

latest

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
Well, this might be a spoiler, but it's in the books. Don't read if you don't want to know what I'm referring to. I'm not saying this is it, but this is it:

Euron reportedly had possession of a famous horn which allowed the user to take control of Dragons.

I mean thats what I thought he was referring to, and yes that would be a spoiler.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I mean thats what I thought he was referring to, and yes that would be a spoiler.

But if the show runners change tack (see what I did there)....it wouldn't be. All I was sayin.

And don't try to squelch my genius by claiming the idea that only i had.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Jon could use Howland Reed as a witness that he was Lyanna's baby.
Gendry would be able to argue that two Hands of the King identified him as Robert's bastard. The evidence was compelling enough for the Lannister's to send soldiers after Gendry in order to kill him.

And for Melisandre/Stannis to go after him as well.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Poor planning? How can you knock such efficient multipurposing?? That's the hallmark of great design!

I've even got the ad campaign worked out: "In one hole, out the other. "

Reaction Score

fwiw I had Euron looking like this in my head while reading the books. For those who like Black Sails:

Totally forgot about that from the books, that'd be YUGE.

August_West

Reaction Score

latest

Put a patch over his eye and then Yes, perfect.

Reaction Score
I think Ned either confided in Cersei so she could get out of town with the kids...or maybe he told Sansa and she spilled...

Reaction Score

latest
I mentioned that to my wife last night and she didn't remember the horn being blown, so maybe that hasn't made it into the HBO version yet...

Reaction Score
Well there you have it. Melisandre and probably Davos at minimum know about Gendrys parentage.

Tyrion might know as well, IRCC he was still Hand of the King when Joffrey started having all of Robert's bastards killed. Varys might know too.

You don't have to convince everyone. just the people in power. If Tyrion tells Dany that Gendry is Robert's bastard son I think she will believe him. Same thing if Davos tells Jon.

Reaction Score

In the book, didn't Euron cut out the tongues of everyone on his crew? Seemed not only a badash, but a pretty dark and brooding one...

Reaction Score
I Think the Targaryens (and I dont remember the workings of all that) have the rightful claim to the throne. I think the Baratheon (and now by proxy Lannister) claim is only in absence of any Targaryen being around to lay claim. Remember that is why Robert in season 1 got so worked up about hearing news of Dany that he and Ned fought over how to resolve. (Robert wanted to kill her)

Understood.

My thinking is that there will be supporters of Dany's claim, and there will people who fought against her father that might be willing to back a Baratheon claim. Marrying Dany and Gendry puts this to rest.

Reaction Score
In the book, didn't Euron cut out the tongues of everyone on his crew? Seemed not only a badash, but a pretty dark and brooding one...

I think that was even mentioned on the show. Didn't his brother mention it just before Euron threw him off the bridge?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom