GoT Season Seven | Page 51 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Jon Snow making everyone stick around last week while he added to his body count is looking really bad now. I am betting everyone wishes they had that dragon back.
It doesn't matter and I guess it never did. Jon is your future ruler of whatever is left of Westeros, there never really was a game... Rhaegar and Lyanna did what they had to do to keep the lineage... the rest has just been killing time until he's clued in on the truth.

Reaction Score
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but I can't resist nitpicking something completely unimportant:

The army of the dead - their cloths are in tatters, their skin is decaying and falling off - but they all have great shoes. The only thing they do is walk, shouldn't their shoes wear out first?

Some shoe company should work that into an ad campaign.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter and I guess it never did. Jon is your future ruler of whatever is left of Westeros, there never really was a game... Rhaegar and Lyanna did what they had to do to keep the lineage... the rest has just been killing time until he's clued in on the truth.

Snow and Dany have martyr written all over them.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Snow and Dany have martyr written all over them.
I think a while back you had mentioned that you'd be disappointed if this was all a foregone conclusion and I think that's where we are heading.

Though I'm less convinced than ever that Dany makes it.

Reaction Score
Point on John reveal.

The audience already knows the John reveal, since Gilly read most of the annulment and marriage in the second or third episode. Unless it was just for exposition purposes, and to see if anyone is grossed out by an uncle and niece banging, what was the point?

I think the point was that Bran and Sam each had half of the info regarding Jon. Bran knew that Jon was a Targaryen. Sam knew that Rheagars marriage was annulled, but that meant nothing to him because he had no idea that Jon wasn't Eddards son.

Reaction Score
I think the point was that Bran and Sam each had half of the info regarding Jon. Bran knew that Jon was a Targaryen. Sam knew that Rheagars marriage was annulled, but that meant nothing to him because he had no idea that Jon wasn't Eddards son.

That is spot on and I retract my previous statement. We still didn't get the payoff, that will happen when John/Dany get the memo but good point.

Reaction Score
I think a while back you had mentioned that you'd be disappointed if this was all a foregone conclusion and I think that's where we are heading.

I think Dany gets pregnant. The question is whether or not she survives childbirth.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think Dany gets pregnant. The question is whether or not she survives childbirth.

If that happens, then Jon's seed is POTENT. That's prophecy busting seed right there.

If so, she better give birth to another dragon. That would be awesome.

Reaction Score
Don't Targaryans traditionally sleep with each other or am I remembering the books incorrectly?

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Def don't think she does. And I'll be surprised if a dragon makes it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Don't Targaryans traditionally sleep with each other or am I remembering the books incorrectly?

Definitely incestuous. That's why half of them were crazy. And the Mad King, the Mad King. Also, it's why Tyrion is malformed, as he's supposed to be very likely Targ in the books.

Reaction Score
Point on John reveal.

The audience already knows the John reveal, since Gilly read most of the annulment and marriage in the second or third episode. Unless it was just for exposition purposes, and to see if anyone is grossed out by an uncle and niece banging, what was the point?

The audience knew before the characters. Now the characters have all of the pieces. Duh.

Reaction Score
Definitely incestuous. That's why half of them were crazy. And the Mad King, the Mad King. Also, it's why Tyrion is malformed, as he's supposed to be very likely Targ in the books.

I believe that the Targaryen's have a history of brother marrying sister. A nephew marrying an aunt isn't quite as bad; at least in this case there is some non-Targaryen blood (Stark) in the mix.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Someone has to say it, lord knows most are thinking it, but the Jon/Dany sex scene completely weak. I mean, that's seven seasons of build up. Complete premature ejaculation. The Drogo/Dany sex scene is how it should be done. Taken a real down turn here. Feminists complainers...
thinking-face_1f914 - Copy.png

Reaction Score
Jon will now be surrounded by enemies on all sides: Cersei, Tyrion, Danny, The Night King. Makes sense to end the season with a stregthended Stark Family bond. The North may be all he has for a while next season.

The scene with Reek was nice foreshadowing as well. "You don't have to choose. You are a Greyjoy and a Stark." Substitute Targaryen for Greyjoy.....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I love that I predicted Littlefinger's end almost right on the money. Knew the Starks were talking behind the scenes and saw through his nonsense.

Ice dragon seems a little too potent really. Taking down the wall in a minute or so? So are Torbruck and the fire sword guy dead? Seems it.

The King's Landing scenes were generally good, and reminded us of all the interrelationships among this cast of characters. Tyrian and Pod for example. Outcome was entirely predictable.

Jon reveal was good, and overdue. Now the question is: does everyone take Bran's word for it? How does it change things? With Dany, among the Starks...lots to deal with, while an army of the dead bears down on you.

Jaimie seems to have reached his breaking point with Cersei. And Sansa thinks she's a slow learner. Does anyone see those two slow learners making attractive children? Nah, me neither.

Reaction Score
Not sure the point of the John reveal. The Theon arc becomes more relevant now that it turns out Euron and Cersei were playing everyone.

Tyrion looks like an idiot again.

better not expect any spoiler restraint. Serves him right. America First.

No proof Tyrion got played again. Not yet at least.

Reaction Score
I love that I predicted Littlefinger's end almost right on the money. Knew the Starks were talking behind the scenes and saw through his nonsense.

Ice dragon seems a little too potent really. Taking down the wall in a minute or so? So are Torbruck and the fire sword guy dead? Seems it.

The King's Landing scenes were generally good, and reminded us of all the interrelationships among this cast of characters. Tyrian and Pod for example. Outcome was entirely predictable.

Jon reveal was good, and overdue. Now the question is: does everyone take Bran's word for it? How does it change things? With Dany, among the Starks...lots to deal with, while an army of the dead bears down on you.

Jaimie seems to have reached his breaking point with Cersei. And Sansa thinks she's a slow learner. Does anyone see those two slow learners making attractive children? Nah, me neither.

a debate at my house was what exactly was that blue flame the ice dragon was firing? Ice? Flame?

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I wondered the same, but I say no. I mean, we didn't even see them get crushed, which I think you definitively would have if so. See the far side of the wall that was still standing? It looked like part of Eastwatch was still embedded. So perhaps they skated.

Reaction Score
Great finale.

The summit was awesome considering the backstories of so many in attendance.

Agree.

Summit was first time so many of the key characters were in same scene in series....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom