GoT Season Seven | Page 49 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

Reaction Score
I think one of the main reasons people like it so much, is it was one of the first 'edgy' TV series, a harbinger of the modern TV era. Oz was there too, but not as gripping for the masses...perhaps too serious.
Yeah I think dude having a spoon shoved up his ass was fairly ahead of its time.

Not a big Breaking Bad guy either. I watched it, enjoyed it, but it was more like TV crack, than an amazing meal.
Same. A fairly shallow singular character arc and that's pretty much it.

Also agreed on Leftovers. If anyone wants to explain to me exactly WTF happened and why it was so amazing, they will be the first.

Reaction Score
Oh, and let's not forget Brienne is there and Cersei already Queen Bee'd her once because she could tell Brienne moons over Jamie.

I was speculating with someone yesterday that Cersei acting against Brienne could be the thing that pushes Jamie over the top, causes him to pick good over evil and become a Queenslayer. Although, being male, blow jobs beat morals most every time.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
GoT is not going to age poorly like The Wire has. I mean, they use beepers.

And mentioning Silicon Valley in the same breath as GoT shreds your credibility. Badly.

If you're take on the wire is it has aged poorly because of technology I think you never connected with the genius of the wire.

The themes are MORE RELEVANT today then they were 15 years ago.

But beepers, yeah.

Reaction Score
If you're take on the wire is it has aged poorly because of technology I think you never connected with the genius of the wire.

But beepers, yeah.

they could have been using smoke signals and flashing mirrors, and The Wire is still the greatest television show ever to hit the airwaves.

Reaction Score
I rewatched EP6 last night - it's as I remember it. It's like eating a bag of candy - tastes good going down, but not truly satisfiying.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was speculating with someone yesterday that Cersei acting against Brienne could be the thing that pushes Jamie over the top, causes him to pick good over evil and become a Queenslayer. Although, being male, blow jobs beat morals most every time.

Plus he thinks she's carrying their baby. Not insignificant to a man who has lost three children (or who hasn't).

Reaction Score

But beepers, yeah.

Thank you for educating me on the genius of it all. I'm not smart enough to catch that stuff sometimes and I need the real experts, like you, to help me out.

That being said, I still thought the phone and beeper technology was cringeworthy through the second viewing a couple years ago.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Thank you for educating me on the genius of it all. I'm not smart enough to catch that stuff sometimes and I need the real experts, like you, to help me out.

That being said, I still thought the phone and beeper technology was cringeworthy through the second viewing a couple years ago.

Do you cringe when you see a crank phone in Godfather 2?

How about when the horse is pulling a fruit cart down the street. Cringeworthy.

LOL poor @Deepster

Lets take a look .

The Wire
Season 1 - OK that is more cops and bad guys scenario. But an introduction to the most realistic look at "project life" and the life of the poor ever undertaken on a TV show
Season 2 - The plight and loss of Jobs of the white working class
Season 3 - The most complete look at the War on Drugs (pros and cons of BOTH sides of the criminal vs. legalization) ever undertaken on a TV show
Season 4 - The most complete look at our Education system in Cities and failures of such, that has ever been undertaken on a TV show
Season 5 - Legitimate News reporting and Integrity of reporting vs. Sensationalism and "Fake News" for the sake of ratings and public shock value.

and thats just the broad strokes. Running through the seasons were incredible looks at local/state/ and federal government missteps and corruption

Yeah, the show doesnt age well. None of those topics are relevant in 2017. None of them. Because, yeah, beepers.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score

LOL poor @Deepster

Lets take a look .

The Wire
Season 1 - OK that is more cops and bad guys scenario. But an introduction to the most realistic look at "project life" and the life of the poor ever undertaken on a TV show
Season 3 - The most complete look at the War on Drugs (pros and cons of BOTH sides of the criminal vs. legalization) ever undertaken on a TV show
Season 4 - The most complete look at our Education system in Cities and failures of such, that has ever been undertaken on a TV show
Season 5 - Legitimate News reporting and Integrity of reporting vs. Sensationalism and "Fake News" for the sake of ratings and public shock value.

and thats just the broad strokes. Running through the seasons were incredible looks at local/state/ and federal government missteps and corruption

Yeah, the show doesnt age well. None of those topics are relevant in 2017. None of them. Because, yeah, beepers.
giphy.gif

I don't dispute that those topics are still relevant.

And I don't cringe at a horse pulling a fruit cart....but I do cringe at the special effects of the ghosts in Ghostbusters, or the laughable effects of Hans Gruber falling from Nakatomi Plaza in Die Hard now. Or the "technology" from Rocky IV. Things like that have made those movies not age well. Same with beepers and flip phones in The Wire.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't dispute that those topics are still relevant.

And I don't cringe at a horse pulling a fruit cart....but I do cringe at the special effects of the ghosts in Ghostbusters, or the laughable effects of Hans Gruber falling from Nakatomi Plaza in Die Hard now. Or the "technology" from Rocky IV. Things like that have made those movies not age well. Same with beepers and flip phones in The Wire.

You are just wrong.

And Hans Gruber falling from Nakatomi Plaza was one of the most awesome scenes in movie history.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
OK, let's not derail too much here. Back to GOT. I've got nothing. Go.

Reaction Score

LOL poor @Deepster

Lets take a look .

The Wire

giphy.gif

I have wanted a toilet bowl with a wall-mounted, hanging water-tank and pull chain ever since I saw Michael execute two people in Godfather I. That is technology that needs to be brought back. Indeed, it has been brought back. I found one on a a restoration hardware website and I am thinking of installing it in my guest bathroom.

Reaction Score
I have wanted a toilet bowl with a wall-mounted, hanging water-tank and pull chain ever since I saw Michael execute two people in Godfather I. That is technology that needs to be brought back. Indeed, it has been brought back. I found one on a a restoration hardware website and I am thinking of installing it in my guest bathroom.
I've wanted a urinal in the house for years. A friend of mine (passed away) had one in his house, a normal nice bathroom but with a urinal too. #CoolestHouseEver

Reaction Score
I've wanted a urinal in the house for years. A friend of mine (passed away) had one in his house, a normal nice bathroom but with a urinal too. #CoolestHouseEver

I have started to think I need one of those too! So tired of my bathroom being designed for female complaints.

Reaction Score

I don't know what's going to happen in the finale this week, but I want the title of first episode next season to be "Okay Bran, Start Talking."

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I certainly hope that isn't close to what happens. That would be lame. Time travel is such a lazy way to explain all of this.

The Lost-ization of GOT. Hollywood crapping on a good product. Odds say no, but I never put it past modern Wood.

Reaction Score
So: will tonight's episode be a thriller, anticlimactic , or both?
Thriller: so much action & behind the scenes plotting that all viewers are foaming at the mouth for next season.
Anticlimactic: After last week's encounter with the army of the dead, all the maneuvering tonight will seem uneventful
Both: I don't see it

My biggest question (which will be answered by 10:23 P.M.): Will the inevitable tryst of Jon & Dany occur tonight , or be held over as a teaser for the final season?

Anyone care to opine on how tonight's episode fades to black?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom