GoT Season Seven | Page 57 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's ok to admit she's no longer the dumb 13 year old from season 1. We've all been there. ;)

She's still dumb tho. Just not quite as dumb.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Thats not the Stark way. With leadership comes responsibility.

I'm not a Sansa fan, but the Stark way seemed to get yourself killed pretty damn quick. So maybe it's for the best.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm not a Sansa fan, but the Stark way seemed to get yourself killed pretty damn quick. So maybe it's for the best.

all those people are Dead because of Sansa.

Reaction Score

kind of stupid (and unlike) Cersie to put all her secret plans on the road to Winterfell like that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Actually is was a "trial"

2ianLT9.jpg

You believe everything you read on the internet? Watch the scene again. It was a mock trial put on for show, and they do not mention him being sentenced to die.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Yes, and to warn them of the ships picking up the Golden Company. That should allow Dany to deploy dragons to burn Euron's fleet before he can bring those troops to Westeros.

August_West

Reaction Score
You believe everything you read on the internet? Watch the scene again. It was a mock trial put on for show, and they do not mention him being sentenced to die.

"Fake News"

who are you? Trump?

The first link is Time frickin magazine.

Holy lolz.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
"Fake News"

who are you? Trump?

The first link is Time frickin magazine.

Holy lolz.

And you believe that there is anyone at Time, or the NY Times, or the WaPost or FoxNews that has more insight into an episode they watched than any other person who watched it would? It's not fake, it's lazy bad headline writing designed to get clicks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Yeah, that whole thing was left hanging in the air.

He really has nothing to stick around for - his sister will eventually kill him and even he has to admit that the incest has been a little stale since she went with the shorter hairstyle. His best bet is to go hang with Tyrion and just take some time for himself.

August_West

Reaction Score
Yeah, that whole thing was left hanging in the air.

He really has nothing to stick around for - his sister will eventually kill him and even he has to admit that the incest has been a little stale since she went with the shorter hairstyle. His best bet is to go hang with Tyrion and just take some time for himself.

I think Brienne might factor in there even more than Tyrion.

Reaction Score
Posting this in an appropriate thread:

I have to give Nelson credit the first time he has ever been spot-on about anything. He has been adamant from the beginning that magic will ruin this series, and it really has. Baelish, one of the great villains of the show, gets taken out and all his great (albeit diabolical) work dashed because Bran can see literally everything that has ever happened. And I don't buy that they were playing in to his hand all this time knowing how he was trying to manipulate them. Thought Starks are dumb.

Or was this supposed to be some big series of events that Baelish didn't see coming, all the way back to conspiring to have Bran murdered? Some disagree, but I believe it was out of character for him to beg the way he did. I thought he would have pleaded his case harder and then Arya's just like okay dude nobody here likes you and guts him. If the effects of his whispers in Robyn's ear for years now (think how easily he manipulates people of average intelligence), and not seeing it as a betrayal by the Starks against the Vale, will be further peeved. But they only have 6 more episodes to squeeze all this last stuff in. So probably not and that whole story dies off and meanwhile, something else just drags on...

...I'm really just done with Theon. They're already giving us several fine redemption stories in Jora, Jaime, and Clegane. Why does this storyline have to continue and take up what little time the writers have left?

Euron's fake-out and his reasoning at the time didn't really make much sense if we're assuming it was pre-planned.

Kinda miffed that we missed out on Tyrion's deal with Cersei is. Is she actually pregnant or is she still lying? Is that what Tyrion is negotiating over, that the baby will be part of the nobility in Danny's new world since she can't have children? Saw that theory out there.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No other show could get away with not providing some context for the zombie army SEVEN SEASONS INTO THE SHOW.

The episodes are fun, but the thread that Game of Thrones is holding my interest is getting thinner and thinner. I am not that interested in zombies vs. dragons, and even LOTR didn't give Gandolf knowledge of everything.

Reaction Score
Also does anyone remember when they received word on Dragonstone about Arya returning home. Someone asks Varys, who apparently is the first to read the letter, what news there is. And he says "nothing good"

What's the deal with that

Reaction Score
Jamie leaving Kings Landing was notable:
He's sent the Generals of the Lannister Army out the door to make final preparations for the march to the North. Cersei waits until they have exited before she asks Jamie what he's doing & then overrules him & lays out her devious plan. Jamie FINALLY has his aha moment & realizes that Cersei is certifiably psycho. As he stated that it was his moral obligation after having pledged his sword to assist the North, he realizes that he has to cut all ties with his twin. The scene of him leaving was telling. He's no longer wearing his "Kingslayer" golden armor & is dressed as if he doesn't want to be recognized. He's thus, symbolically relinquished his title of Hand of the Queen.
My only question: Would the Lannister Generals, who have fought along side Jamie, follow him & defy Cersei. Not betting on it. As has been speculated, I think that he's on a solo mission to join Tyrrion et al & reveal Cersei's treachery.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

This reminds me of something I thought was significant that has gone unremarked. It snowed in King's Landing. My recollection is that many people will have never seen snow. Cersei just lost her hand, and has two huge armies on her doorstep. People are going to freak.

Reaction Score
Posting this in an appropriate thread:

I have to give Nelson credit the first time he has ever been spot-on about anything. He has been adamant from the beginning that magic will ruin this series, and it really has. Baelish, one of the great villains of the show, gets taken out and all his great (albeit diabolical) work dashed because Bran can see literally everything that has ever happened. And I don't buy that they were playing in to his hand all this time knowing how he was trying to manipulate them. Thought Starks are dumb.

Or was this supposed to be some big series of events that Baelish didn't see coming, all the way back to conspiring to have Bran murdered? Some disagree, but I believe it was out of character for him to beg the way he did. I thought he would have pleaded his case harder and then Arya's just like okay dude nobody here likes you and guts him. If the effects of his whispers in Robyn's ear for years now (think how easily he manipulates people of average intelligence), and not seeing it as a betrayal by the Starks against the Vale, will be further peeved. But they only have 6 more episodes to squeeze all this last stuff in. So probably not and that whole story dies off and meanwhile, something else just drags on...

I read something in the first few seasons that "static" characters are the ones that get killed. In other words, the characters that don't change and morph along the storyline get killed. Ned. Tywin. Robert Baratheon. Stannis. Cat.

Baelish's bag of tricks was played out. The guy that smirked off in the shadows just got old and he played his card one too many times.

Now, you could say Varys hasn't changed....but he also just sits in the background and doesn't make waves. In short, Baelish's time was up in the GoT formula.

Reaction Score
I read something in the first few seasons that "static" characters are the ones that get killed. In other words, the characters that don't change and morph along the storyline get killed. Ned. Tywin. Robert Baratheon. Stannis. Cat.

Baelish's bag of tricks was played out. The guy that smirked off in the shadows just got old and he played his card one too many times.

Now, you could say Varys hasn't changed....but he also just sits in the background and doesn't make waves. In short, Baelish's time was up in the GoT formula.
What has Tyrion done but convince people of things? What has Bronn done but swing a sword?

I totally get that his time was up; it's the way they had him go and what caused it that annoyed me

Reaction Score
This reminds me of something I thought was significant that has gone unremarked. It snowed in King's Landing. My recollection is that many people will have never seen snow. Cersei just lost her hand, and has two huge armies on her doorstep. People are going to freak.

excellent point. Winter is Here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom