GoT Season Seven | Page 59 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't think the trees act like camera. I think it's more of the have been around forever and are part of the earth. Essentially a conduit that allows Bran to tie himself into the consciousness of the planet. It's magic, but at least grounded magic if that makes sense.

I also assumed that everyone in the hall had been briefed on Littlefinger before they gathered. I'm also going to assume they left some expository material on the editing room floor because no one on the show can time out anything and it had to be cut for more Dany in the Sahara moments from season 4. Planning people, it works.

The bag of faces fight could have been for LF benefit, Arya could have gone back later to tell Sansa she had been using them to stalk LF, we could have seen them talking to Bran. 20 seconds of any of it would have helped. Instead we are left to assume all of that happened in secret while every little play acted spat made its way back to LF. That's all fine and dandy if you assume the Vale knights already had it in for LF, which they did, but we didn't see any of it.

They could just as well had Arya kill him like she did Frey. The I know what you did followed by a swift knife to the throat. The staged trial only make you hate Sansa more amirite @August_West ?

Agree with most of this. The staged trial though, and the fact that he was accused of murdering Lysa, and providing the poison that killed John Arryn was critical. The representatives of the Vale were there in the room for a reason, and those charges served to tie house Arryn to house Stark more tightly than Littlefinger ever could. They needed that army, and had to dispose of Baelish without losing them. It was brilliant really. Unfortunately, the writers didn't see fit to show us how they planned and executed it, and instead gave us misdirection for a cheap moment.

Reaction Score
Agree with most of this. The staged trial though, and the fact that he was accused of murdering Lysa, and providing the poison that killed John Arryn was critical. The representatives of the Vale were there in the room for a reason, and those charges served to tie house Arryn to house Stark more tightly than Littlefinger ever could. They needed that army, and had to dispose of Baelish without losing them. It was brilliant really. Unfortunately, the writers didn't see fit to show us how they planned and executed it, and instead gave us misdirection for a cheap moment.

I think that they wanted to recreate the surprise of Baelish's betrayal of Ned in the throne room in Season 1, as if things have come full circle. To do that they needed the element of surprise. It ended up being a mistake since maintaining surprise left too many unanswered questions as to how the whole situation came to be.

Reaction Score
I think that they wanted to recreate the surprise of Baelish's betrayal of Ned in the throne room in Season 1, as if things have come full circle. To do that they needed the element of surprise. It ended up being a mistake since maintaining surprise left too many unanswered questions as to how the whole situation came to be.
But it would still be a surprise for Baelish, and it would have been a coming-full-circle thing regardless. This time we would finally have a look in to the moment-by-moment scheming and long-game playing by the Stark kids.

Most of the surprise, from a viewer's perspective, came from us not knowing Ned was about to be betrayed. Meanwhile, we had known Baelish was going to eventually die, and we all could have made a decent prediction regarding how he dies, for a while. It has been building for about as long as anything else in the series has... and THAT'S the payoff we get.

Reaction Score
Littlefinger was killed because of magic, basically out of nowhere. The worst part of it is that Subba predicted the "Scooby doo" solution of the Winterfell arc weeks ago. If this is a show about whose magic is better, than why should we care about any of the characters?

Typical Waylon. He watches something in the Fantasy genre and complains about magic. That's like watching Science Fiction and complaining about science.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Typical Waylon. He watches something in the Fantasy genre and complains about magic. That's like watching Science Fiction and complaining about science.

hahahahaha that was good.

Reaction Score
Littlefinger was killed because of magic, basically out of nowhere. The worst part of it is that Subba predicted the "Scooby doo" solution of the Winterfell arc weeks ago. If this is a show about whose magic is better, than why should we care about any of the characters?

Don't watch a fantasy series with dragons if magic bothers you. It's like watching a sci-fi movie and complaining that the good guys miraculously discovered new technology right in the nick of time.

Reaction Score
These are very good points. I've no problem with the tricking Littlefinger thing. But they didn't trick him.

I would have preferred them to have tricked him into being left in some precarious, death inducing situation somehow.

I don't think Arya and Sansa were playacting for Littlefinger's benefit. The fights and spats could be real and yet Sansa still could have "tricked" Littlefinger into revealing his game by taking him into her confidence.

Sansa stiffed Littlefinger until things became dicey with Arya, but she also reminded Brienne that they needed him and that he saved the North for them. In other words, she didn't like him or trust him, but she felt indebted to him.

The trick was smoking him out by opening up to him about the real fight with Arya, and thereby determining he was behind it all yet again. That then brought the two sisters together, led to a consultation with a 3-Eyed Raven and wala. Dead Littlefinger.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't think Arya and Sansa were playacting for Littlefinger's benefit. The fights and spats could be real and yet Sansa still could have "tricked" Littlefinger into revealing his game by taking him into her confidence.

Sansa stiffed Littlefinger until things became dicey with Arya, but she also reminded Brienne that they needed him and that he saved the North for them. In other words, she didn't like him or trust him, but she felt indebted to him.

The trick was smoking him out by opening up to him about the real fight with Arya, and thereby determining he was behind it all yet again. That then brought the two sisters together, led to a consultation with a 3-Eyed Raven and wala. Dead Littlefinger.

That makes sense, but at the same time, seems all too clever or intuitive for someone of Sansa's 'means'.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That makes sense, but at the same time, seems all too clever or intuitive for someone of Sansa's 'means'.

Shes dumb as a stump.

And I love this thread.

The immediate aftermath here after Littlefingers death was to come here and hate on Adub and hold up Sansa as some kind of genius to try and get under my skin.

And then the dust clears and I read 3 pages of people talking about how Arya and Bran had a big part in orchestrating this. Which is what I initially said.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The immediate aftermath here after Littlefingers death was to come here and hate on Adub and hold up Sansa as some kind of genius to try and get under my skin.

Don't forget reveling in the demise of 's hero. Not a shock one of the winners (in another thread) of most narcissistic cesspoolers excludes the other from shared glory.

August_West

Reaction Score
Don't forget reveling in the demise of 's hero. Not a shock one of the winners (in another thread) of most narcissistic cesspoolers excludes the other from shared glory.

Hes a putz

Reaction Score
Shes dumb as a stump.

And I love this thread.

And then the dust clears and I read 3 pages of people talking about how Arya and Bran had a big part in orchestrating this. Which is what I initially said.

Fair, but you give Sansa sole blame for everything bad that happened. You say repeatedly, "she got her father killed, she got her brother killed, she got her entire family killed etc".

As if nobody else had any part in orchestrating these things.

You blame her for entirely for everything and give her no credit for anything good.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I dont come here for the attention. I come here for the Lulz.

hahahha Says the guy who starts many threads with long screeds on his life. You collect laughs as like a scoreboard. :D

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Fair, but you give Sansa sole blame for everything bad that happened. You say repeatedly, "she got her father killed, she got her brother killed, she got her entire family killed etc".

You blame her for entirely for everything and give her no credit for anything good.

White Knight! We've got a White Knight over here! :D

Reaction Score
White Knight! We've got a White Knight over here! :D

edit: meant to say, I just like giving August a hard time for his poor arguments re-Sansa.

I re-watched the finale last night and think you have it right.

I think Sansa either realizes LF plans after his little speech to her, or Bran tells her.

Either way I don't think it was play acting by Sansa and Arya. Which I pointed out earlier made no sense since their play acting never got them anywhere; they didnt trick him into revealing anything etc.

So I think it really was them arguing for whatever reason up until the end when Sansa realizes/ is told she needs to off LF.

The whole winterfell plot was just strange and didn't make much sense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Sansa either realizes LF plans after his little speech to her, or Bran tells her.

Either way I don't think it was play acting by Sansa and Arya. Which I pointed out earlier made no sense since their play acting never got them anywhere; they didnt trick him into revealing anything etc.

So I think it really was them arguing for whatever reason up until the end when Sansa realizes/ is told she needs to off LF.

Just read this interview with the actor who plays Bran. According to him, I think you have it correct.

"There was a little scene that we did shoot, which I don’t think made it in there, where Sansa comes to Bran’s door and asks if he can help. I’m sure we’ll see that on the DVD’s deleted scenes."

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
Just read this interview with the actor who plays Bran. According to him, I think you have it correct.

"There was a little scene that we did shoot, which I don’t think made it in there, where Sansa comes to Bran’s door and asks if he can help. I’m sure we’ll see that on the DVD’s deleted scenes."

Its like the Zapruder film for proof that Sansa isnt very smart.

Reaction Score

I feel like you just summarized Palatine's and others whinings about HCREv1

intlzncster

Reaction Score

How stupid do you have to be not to include what's probably a 2 minute clip just to make everything nice and clear? Total fail.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How stupid do you have to be not to include what's probably a 2 minute clip just to make everything nice and clear? Total fail.
They wanted the surprise I guess. I would prefer another minute or two where they talk to Arya after this scene.

Reaction Score
That really pisses me off

Could've saved several scenes of ambiguity, like when Sansa finds Arya's masks, and there's several freed-up minutes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom