GoT Season Seven | Page 42 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If you didn't figure out in advance that that would require a change in pacing and continuity when put on screen, . . . Well that sucks for you because everything is relative to expectations. Some of us were smarter.

I'm definitely smarter. Than the writers. I've never written anything in my life but could have put together a tighter last few episodes.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We can agree that LFs plot is going to be found out and lead to his demise and given the Scooby Doo like writing lately, having the girls be on to it makes the most sense.

Arya has to at least be on to it, and is maybe testing Sansa but, if Tormund lives last night then there is zero chance of Stark on Stark violence.

My best guess is that this ends up mirroring Ned's bargain with LF coming back to bite him. Don't discount the Scooby Soo reveal by Bran to the Sisters about how that went down or what is going down.

What would be truly amazing, would be Arya killing Sansa*, and then Bran telling her the truth, then destroying Littlerfinger with rage.

*even better with slow poison so she can sadly 'make up' before Sansa goes sputtering to her rightful place in the Stark crypt.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think Bran is going to reveal quite a lot in episode 7. Anyone up for a Dany visit to Winterfell? Gotta bring the new girlfriend home to meet the family, only to find out she's your aunt, and your half sisters are your cousins. If Arya goes to see Bran, Littlefinger is a dead man.

This would be a cheap storytelling technique. It's like a narrator revealing much of the backstory before or during a movie. It's bad writing. Learn how to convey ideas through action and nuance.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
She's shown the most growth out of almost any character. She knows how naive she was as a kid and the romantic version of ruling has been shattered for her. She's seen some ish, you can't tell me that hasn't changed her perspective. Shockingly, the 13 year old just needed to grow up.

Perhaps, but she's still #dumbasf#@$k

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Would you want to go to kings landing if you were her?

So send Arya! As a bonus she'd probably kill Cersei in the process.

Hell, send Pod for christ sake. Brienne should be LAST person to send.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I am sure there was magic involved too, but a knife in the heart is like Mount Doom's fire is to Sauron's Ring. It is the forge for creation and destruction.

But he's dead. Probably doesn't even have a heart. Like all movies -> head shots only.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This would be a cheap storytelling technique. It's like a narrator revealing much of the backstory before or during a movie. It's bad writing. Learn how to convey ideas through action and nuance.

Bran already asked to see Jon as soon as he got there. I believe it was to reveal his parentage. So they already set that up. Meanwhile, Sam is about to discover that he's actually the legitimate heir, so Dany should be bending the knee for him. I think having Dany there when it is revealed adds a little extra.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So what. So she likes power. So does just about everyone else. Shes not abusing the power. Shes isn't doing anything stupid with the power. Why is it so horrible that she admires power?

Jon doesn't. Jon >>>>> Sansa.

Reaction Score
So basically, her faceless man training wasn't all that good. It was supposed to be mental over everything. #FacelessFail

Well, yeah. She was never able to become No One. She couldn't discard needle, temporarily lost sight because she murdered Meryn Trant instead of the Insurance Guy, and was sentenced to death because she saved instead of killed Acting Queen.

She excelled at killing while holding onto all of her childhood resentments in the form of a To Murder List. And you find it surprising that Littlefinger could manipulate her childhood resentment against Sansa why?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So send Arya! As a bonus she'd probably kill Cersei in the process.

Hell, send Pod for christ sake. Brienne should be LAST person to send.

Brienne's relationship with Jaime will allow her to gain an audience more easily, and she can travel fairly safely. She was the logical choice if Sansa was not worried about being assassinated.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Bran already asked to see Jon as soon as he got there. I believe it was to reveal his parentage. So they already set that up. Meanwhile, Sam is about to discover that he's actually the legitimate heir, so Dany should be bending the knee for him. I think having Dany there when it is revealed adds a little extra.

I'm fine with that one instance. But Bran revealing all kinds of stuff all over the map would be cheap. The Jon parentage is OK.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
They are sending Brienne because we are getting another "Cheap Pop" moment of crowd pandering from this exceedingly pathetic show. You wonder why the Hound is the one with the Wight right now? I'll give my opinion.

We are in for a Red Keep summit obviously. And they want to place all storyline pieces in the same place so dummies like are all like "ooh that cool"/

Brienne is going to create whatever under the Surface deal she has going on with Jaime
The hound is bringing the wight so he is in the same place as the Mountain
Cersei Vs. Dany. Jon Snow there. We are supposed to Mark out for a summit of everyone.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Well, yeah. She was never able to become No One. She couldn't discard needle, temporarily lost sight because she murdered Meryn Trant instead of the Insurance Guy, and was sentenced to death because she saved instead of killed Acting Queen.

She excelled at killing while holding onto all of her childhood resentments in the form of a To Murder List. And you find it surprising that Littlefinger could manipulate her childhood resentment against Sansa why?

If she's just a killer, she should kill Littlefinger for what looks like plotting against the family. Do some background research for gods sake. She obviously did with the Frey's.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Brienne's relationship with Jaime will allow her to gain an audience more easily, and she can travel fairly safely. She was the logical choice if Sansa was not worried about being assassinated.

If she's not worried about being assassinated, she's a dumbdumb.

Reaction Score
They are sending Brienne because we are getting another "Cheap Pop" moment of crowd pandering from this exceedingly pathetic show. You wonder why the Hound is the one with the Wight right now? I'll give my opinion.

We are in for a Red Keep summit obviously. And they want to place all storyline pieces in the same place so dummies like are all like "ooh that cool"/

Brienne is going to create whatever under the Surface deal she has going on with Jaime
The hound is bringing the wight so he is in the same place as the Mountain
Cersei Vs. Dany. Jon Snow there. We are supposed to Mark out for a summit of everyone.

And how does he kill Dead Gregor? With fire. The only way to kill the dead and the one thing that turns him coward. Thanks for the big reveal.

Reaction Score
Did you even watch the early episodes this season where she was undercutting Jon in front of all the Northern Lords?

I remember that was implied but forget the specifics. Wasn't that when Jon wanted to go see Dany and the lords disagreed and Sansa simply agreed with them that he should stay?

Is that more or less what happened?

If so, then how is that undercutting him to steal his power?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I remember that was implied but forget the specifics. Wasn't that when Jon wanted to go see Dany and the lords disagreed and Sansa simply agreed with them that he should stay?

Is that more or less what happened?

If so, then how is that undercutting him to steal his power?

It was more than that. She questioned him on other items too. Such as she wanted the Karstarks and Umbers out of their houses.

Reaction Score
It was more than that. She questioned him on other items too. Such as she wanted the Karstarks and Umbers out of their houses.

Women should know their place and just shut up. Got it.

When did you go Vegan?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Women should know their place and just shut up. Got it.

When did you go Vegan?

Has nothing to do with her being a woman. If Bran did that he wouldve been just as big a toolbag.

Reaction Score

Ok, so she is giving her opinion. A completely valid one at that. And probably the right one too. Seems more practical than putting some kids in charge.

Again, how is this proof that she is deliberately undercutting Jon in order to steal his power?

As an aside to your Sansa hating: Sansa reminds Arya that if it wasnt for her deal with LF then Jon and his entire army would be dead. There would be nobody left who has seen the WW/AOD and realizes the need to fight them. Jon would never have gone to see/convince Dany to join them and there would be no hope. Everyone in Westeros would be dead. Sansa basically saved everyone.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Ok, so she is giving her opinion. A completely valid one at that. And probably the right one too. Seems more practical than putting some kids in charge.

Again, how is this proof that she is deliberately undercutting Jon in order to steal his power?

As an aside to your Sansa hating: Sansa reminds Arya that if it wasnt for her deal with LF then Jon and his entire army would be dead. There would be nobody left who has seen the WW/AOD and realizes the need to fight them. Jon would never have gone to see/convince Dany to join them and there would be no hope. Everyone in Westeros would be dead. Sansa basically saved everyone.

Wrong. She screwed that up too. She saved the Northerners? How many Northerners had to Die because she waited almost altogether too long before calling in the Vale? Why did she hide the fact she could call in the Vale from Jon? Why was she so cavalier with peoples lives? Why wasnt the Vale army with them from the get go? Because she is a selfish fookin C.
If she called in the Vale when she was supposed to Rickon would still be alive.

So as it stands Sansa is Responsible for the Death of her Father. Her Mother. and two Brothers. She is also responsible for Arya becoming a serial killer.

Reaction Score
Good recap that hits on all the high points and all the inconsistencies mentioned so far:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones-is-at-its-best-and-worst-right-now-1798150039

Glad I'm not the only confused one:

"Oh, Cersei sent an invite to Sansa to join her at King’s Landing for next week’s big meeting, but she sends Brienne off to go for her even after Littlefinger tells her to have Brienne keep Arya from murdering her. I understand none of this. Is she sending Brienne away to secretly thwart Littlefinger? Or is this somehow to be part of Littlefinger’s plan? Man, this storyline is a mess"

Reaction Score
On another note: Dany has stated multiple times that she can't physically bear children. Jon has been raised from the dead. Why do I get the feeling that Mellisandre or other followers of the "Lord of Light" have another trick up their sleeves to alleviate Dany's condition? The succession plan in such a case would become a non-issue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom