GoT Season Seven | Page 40 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It was more like a day. That was one of the less controversial teleportations in recent episodes.

It seemed like more than a day hike out from the Eastwatch. If it were that short, you should have been able to see them from the top of the wall, or at least they would have known the peak that the Hound saw in the fire as that was clearly their destination. They are also apparently out of horses.

But assume they started in the predawn and landed on GRRM island about 14 hours later. It has to take Gendry the roughly same amount of time to get back or at least 8 hours. You then need a day at least for the raven and a day for the Dragon to reach them. That is three days on that island minimum and we are being TV generous with that.

Make it a larger version on the fist of the first men, or better yet a natural Helms Deep situation where they cut off the access behind them. The siege of River Run was more realistic.

Reaction Score
The critiques of why they've done to this show are endless.

6+ seasons of being warned about a harsh winter.and Dany flies around in an light wool autumn jacket.

God, what have they done to this show?!

I feel like this episode seriously devalued the white walkers and AOD army too.

For 6 seasons they have been this ominous threat that are we are told to be terrified of. Then in their brief appearances, they live up to that and are truly terrifying.

In Hardhome they were unstoppable, unpredictable, rapidly moving around, jumping off cliffs, climbing over each other. Slaughtering people left and right.

In this episode they were mowed down like they were nothing. In the surprise attack, they kill them all easily (Except the one of course). Jon also easily killed the WW.

Then in the epic showdown after clearly being much faster than the gang by running ahead of the group encircling them (which was cool), they were so slow when they attacked. They all died with one hit and seemed like your average zombie rather than the ravenous psychos they were in previous seasons.

Are we supposed to believe that this unstoppable army was mowed down by 6 guys??

I was thinking ahead after the episode about what comes next and the inevitable WW march toward/past the wall. And I couldn't help but thinking that the threat seems completely watered down now. We just saw what 6 guys could do to the army. It doesn't seem that unwinnable of a war if they march against them with the North/Dany's army.

The episode was cool, but it really diminished the WW/AOD in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Yeah, they by rights should have starved or frozen to death. Forget the incredibly patient undead zombies smart enough to stop at the thin ice but dumb enough to need a rock skipping across it before realizing they can go a few at a time.

And it is confirmed that ALL Westerosi can breathe underwater and that only some wrights can scuba dive.

The really did blow all their money of FX this season. They did correctly assume that we all just want to get to the end, but it will be a Lost ending instead of the MASH ending.

And I think Sansa and Arys are play acting to nab Littlefinger.

Jesus. You people cannot follow a story and then complain because "I don't get it." The dead did not initially stop and then later attack because they didn't know how to cross individually until the stone was thrown. The ice got thicker because stuff gets colder when the White Walkers are around. Once they realized it was now thick enough, they crossed en masse.

Reaction Score
I feel like this episode seriously devalued the white walkers and AOD army too.

For 6 seasons they have been this ominous threat that are we are told to be terrified of. Then in their brief appearances, they live up to that and are truly terrifying.

In Hardhome they were unstoppable, unpredictable, rapidly moving around, jumping off cliffs, climbing over each other. Slaughtering people left and right.

In this episode they were mowed down like they were nothing. In the surprise attack, they kill them all easily (Except the one of course). Jon also easily killed the WW.

Then in the epic showdown after clearly being much faster than the gang by running ahead of the group encircling them (which was cool), they were so slow when they attacked. They all died with one hit and seemed like your average zombie rather than the ravenous psychos they were in previous seasons.

Are we supposed to believe that this unstoppable army was mowed down by 6 guys??

I was thinking ahead after the episode about what comes next and the inevitable WW march toward/past the wall. And I couldn't help but thinking that the threat seems completely watered down now. We just saw what 6 guys could do to the army. It doesn't seem that unwinnable of a war if they march against them with the North/Dany's army.

The episode was cool, but it really diminished the WW/AOD in my opinion.

I thought the opposite. Forever we have known what the Onion Knight finally figured out---there are three dragons that would fight against the dead and burn em to crisps. Kind of anticlimactic. Now we know the Ice King can take dragons out and he has an Undead Dragon of his own. Seems like a fairer fight all of a sudden.

P.s. Those were the best fighters all put together with the knowledge and means to fight the White Walkers. Clearly, someone was gonna have to figure out how to kill them eventually. That knowledge was gained and acted upon. Does it make the White Walkers seem less invincible? Well, yeah, that is what happens when you learn the mysteries of the mysterious enemy.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Why is Dany on a boat now?

Why didnt she ride the Dragon back to DragonStone? Wouldnt that be safer? Why do they make such a big deal of her needing to be safe all the time and then put her in a more dangerous position?

dumb.

Reaction Score
Why is Dany on a boat now?

Why didnt she ride the Dragon back to DragonStone? Wouldnt that be safer? Why do they make such a big deal of her needing to be safe all the time and then put her in a more dangerous position?

dumb.

Because she wants to ride John. You cannot screw on a dragon. It's why she waited too.

Are there any other tough questions you need help with? Maybe I can explain to you how Tormund intends to make babies with Brienne?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Arya and Sansa had childhood issues, and Littlefinger is the best manipulator of humans in the Game. These complaints sound more like fandom disappointment that the expected ships didn't work out as hoped.

Neither of them are the people they were. There is no way that Arya would see that message from Sansa as anything but the obvious Lannister extortion it was. It's not believable. It's not believable that Littlefinger planting it wouldn't come up or that Arya would actually harm Sansa.

August_West

Reaction Score
Because she wants to ride John. You cannot screw on a dragon. It's why she waited too.

Are there any other tough questions you need help with? Maybe I can explain to you how Tormund intends to make babies with Brienne?

If you cant screw on a Dragon you are not a true Targaryen. God you are such a noob. You are also an apologist for mediocrity.

LOL we watched scene by scene rapings of continuity and story telling integrity last night and pretty much all season.We are asked to suspend our disbelief in a way over the top manner. And you want to draw the line of "realism" at "Derp I dont think you can screw on the back of a dragon, herpy derp" .

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Because a horse with two people on it doesn't run as fast a horse with one person on it. Duh. Keep on with the brilliant critiques though.

#HigherStandards

But still runs much faster than a shambling, stumbling zombie army marching through the snow.

Reaction Score
Neither of them are the people they were. There is no way that Arya would see that message from Sansa as anything but the obvious Lannister extortion it was. It's not believable. It's not believable that Littlefinger planting it wouldn't come up or that Arya would actually harm Sansa.

I have toyed with the notion they are play acting, but it is completely believable that two sisters who despised each other as children revert back to children in their adult relationship. People don't have just one personality. They live multiple roles with different people throughout their lives and become the person they used to be upon reunions.

Arya and Sansa hated each other, and Arya always felt like she was judged harshly by others in comparison to Sansa. Then she watches her father die and shows up at the Riverlands to see her family army slaughtered right after her mother and brother died. I imagine psychologists would label that childhood trauma. And yet you and everyone else think she will just have a magical relationship as an adult with the sister she despised.

What's more believable---a well adjusted faceless killer or a faceless killer with childhood issues? Anyone?

August_West

Reaction Score
I have toyed with the notion they are play acting, but it is completely believable that two sisters who despised each other as children revert back to children in their adult relationship. People don't have just one personality. They live multiple roles with different people throughout their lives and become the person they used to be upon reunions.

Arya and Sansa hated each other, and Arya always felt like she was judged harshly by others in comparison to Sansa. Then she watches her father die and shows up at the Riverlands to see her family army slaughtered right after her mother and brother died. I imagine psychologists would label that childhood trauma. And yet you and everyone else think she will just have a magical relationship as an adult with the sister she despised.

What's more believable---a well adjusted faceless killer or a faceless killer with childhood issues? Anyone?

Arya was right to hate Sansa before any of this ever started, and she is even more right now.

Sansa is a terrible, terrible human being. Always has been. She was terrible to her whole family growing up. A spoiled whiny (insert the Hounds favorite word that begins with a C***)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Arya was right to hate Sansa before any of this ever started, and she is even more right now.

Sansa is a terrible, terrible human being. Always has been. She was terrible to her whole family growing up. A spoiled whiny (insert the Hounds favorite word that begins with a C***)
Lol you are still fixated on Sansa being Season 1 Sansa.

Reaction Score
If you cant screw on a Dragon you are not a true Targaryen. God you are such a noob. You are also an apologist for mediocrity.

LOL we watched scene by scene rapings of continuity and story telling integrity last night and pretty much all season.We are asked to suspend our disbelief in a way over the top manner. And you want to draw the line of "realism" at "Derp I dont think you can screw on the back of a dragon, herpy derp" .

You dance with the one that brought you. In HBO's case, that is GRRM, who decided to have a seven book series and to stuff most of the events that drive the main storyline into the last book. If you didn't figure out in advance that that would require a change in pacing and continuity when put on screen, . . . Well that sucks for you because everything is relative to expectations.

Some of us were smarter.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

We can agree that LFs plot is going to be found out and lead to his demise and given the Scooby Doo like writing lately, having the girls be on to it makes the most sense.

Arya has to at least be on to it, and is maybe testing Sansa but, if Tormund lives last night then there is zero chance of Stark on Stark violence.

My best guess is that this ends up mirroring Ned's bargain with LF coming back to bite him. Don't discount the Scooby Soo reveal by Bran to the Sisters about how that went down or what is going down.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
She still is. Always has been.
She's shown the most growth out of almost any character. She knows how naive she was as a kid and the romantic version of ruling has been shattered for her. She's seen some ish, you can't tell me that hasn't changed her perspective. Shockingly, the 13 year old just needed to grow up.

August_West

Reaction Score
She's shown the most growth out of almost any character. She knows how naive she was as a kid and the romantic version of ruling has been shattered for her. She's seen some ish, you can't tell me that hasn't changed her perspective. Shockingly, the 13 year old just needed to grow up.

At her core she still has the same naked ambition and ego for being in charge. Thats why Arya keeps saying to her " Youre thinking it"

Reaction Score
We can agree that LFs plot is going to be found out and lead to his demise and given the Scooby Doo like writing lately, having the girls be on to it makes the most sense.

Arya has to at least be on to it, and is maybe testing Sansa but, if Tormund lives last night then there is zero chance of Stark on Stark violence.

My best guess is that this ends up mirroring Ned's bargain with LF coming back to bite him. Don't discount the Scooby Soo reveal by Bran to the Sisters about how that went down or what is going down.

I rate a Bran Reveal as more likely than Play Acting right now. His complete absence in the penultimate episode means he will have a good amount of story time in the finale.

Reaction Score
You dance with the one that brought you. In HBO's case, that is GRRM, who decided to have a seven book series and to stuff most of the events that drive the main storyline into the last book. If you didn't figure out in advance that that would require a change in pacing and continuity when put on screen, . . . Well that sucks for you because everything is relative to expectations.

Some of us were smarter.

There is a difference between fast pacing and impossibility.

Dany losing her fleet one episode after getting it is fast pacing. Dany and Jon becoming allies in 2 episodes without any time for them to actually develop a relationship is quick pacing.

These are things that had to happen and would have happened anyway, we just don't have enough screen time to let them develop and I'm ok with them rushing stuff like this to wrap it all up.

A guy running a marathon to the wall, a raven flying from Eastwatch to Dragonstone, 3 dragons flying from dragonstone to north of the wall in a span of less than a day is impossible and ridiculous.

Reaction Score
There is a difference between fast pacing and impossibility.

Dany losing her fleet one episode after getting it is fast pacing. Dany and Jon becoming allies in 2 episodes without any time for them to actually develop a relationship is quick pacing.

These are things that had to happen and would have happened anyway, we just don't have enough screen time to let them develop and I'm ok with them rushing stuff like this to wrap it all up.

A guy running a marathon to the wall, a raven flying from Eastwatch to Dragonstone, 3 dragons flying from dragonstone to north of the wall in a span of less than a day is impossible and ridiculous.

Who said it all happened in a day?

Reaction Score
At her core she still has the same naked ambition and ego for being in charge. Thats why Arya keeps saying to her " Youre thinking it"

So what. So she likes power. So does just about everyone else. Shes not abusing the power. Shes isn't doing anything stupid with the power. Why is it so horrible that she admires power?

She isn't even wrongfully grasping for it. She let Jon be in charge and now that hes gone she is taking over just as he asked.

Sansa has changed. Deal with it. She made a lot of great points in her argument with Arya and definitely won that exchange.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom