GoT Season Seven | Page 39 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Oh, and the dialogue beyond the wall was great.

The dialogue between her and Jon on the boat was nauseating.

Reaction Score
I also have no problem with the writers sowing discord between the Stark girls. It is just not being done well. No subtlety. Arya is jumping the shark.

There are such larger issues with the development that I am barely phased by an action such as the NK throwing the spear at the dragon flying in the distance, instead of the sitting dragon with all of the main characters directly in front of him.

I love that people find Arya's anger too forced for believability. Cracks me up. Who could possibly blame Sansa for killing Ned? No one is that stupid. Except August.

Reaction Score
The dialogue between her and Jon on the boat was nauseating.

But worth John's time and effort. It was also the most realistic part of the whole series. After all, you gotta humor the emotional basket cases known as women if you wanna get em in the sack. And the good looking ones witb money and power like honorifics.

Reaction Score
This season is fun, but GoT is stumbling a little from what made it one of the best shows in history.

The wight capture plan was so stupid, and just sloppy. There are a dozen ways to get that crew north of the wall that would have made more sense than capturing a wight that no one will give a about. Why not send them to retrieve the horn that was mentioned in the books? Why not put them on a ship that blows off course? Why not make a wildling rescue mission for some band that escaped and is racing to the wall? Anything is better than that stupidity, which incidentally now is a huge pivot in the overall plot.

Jon Snow got a dragon killed. Of all the stupid scalitoing things that any character has done in this show, that has to be the scalitoing stupidest. Wouldn't pretty much everyone want to beat the snot out of him for doing that?

Benjen either should have been with the band from the start, or not been there at all. Showing up at the last minute was ridiculous. How did he find out?

I actually like the idea of discord between Arya and Sansa, but it should be a lot more clever than this. Sansa was a prisoner of the Lannisters. Getting her father captured was stupid, but she was trying to save his life with that letter. Why didn't she say that? Why didn't Arya just ask her wizard brother to tell her what happened? To be honest, I don't even see how this helps Littlefinger. Arya is a rook, not a queen in the game. Sansa is a queen. He should be playing for both. It would make more sense if Littlefinger had hatched a plan for Arya to kill Cersei and that was what the sisters were fighting over.

Benjen knew he was he needed and where he was needee the same way he knew to come to Bran's aid---the Three-Eyed Raven told him.

Reaction Score
Guuuhhhh this is starting to remind me of the end of Dexter

Nothing makes sense

Reaction Score
Let's use our dragons to fly away and escape from the guy throwing lances at a rate of about 1 per 5 minutes when dragonfire and a flying dragon is the one thing that could kill him at the present moment and we've just discussed how killing him could completely end the march of the dead and solve the central plot problem of next season's 6 episodes

Reaction Score
Let's use our dragons to fly away and escape from the guy throwing lances at a rate of about 1 per 5 minutes when dragonfire and a flying dragon is the one thing that could kill him at the present moment and we've just discussed how killing him could completely end the march of the dead and solve the central plot problem of next season's 6 episodes

This is an amazing point. And just to add to it.. when the dragons get there they see that they can kill everyone and like you said they just had acknowledged that killing the King wins the game AND to make matters even better they DONT EVEN KNOW that he can throw a spear and kill a dragon. So why wouldn't kill the King be the FIRST thing done when to their knowledge the dragon is seeemingly invincible.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The only reason the show isn't dismissed as complete trash this season is we are getting 6 seasons worth of payoff for 6 seasons worth of great character development and stroryline. Take away every reunion and every character interaction we've all pined for for 6 seasons and the show is pretty much the suck.

Reaction Score
The critiques of why they've done to this show are endless.

6+ seasons of being warned about a harsh winter......and Dany flies around in an light wool autumn jacket.

God, what have they done to this show?!

Reaction Score
The only reason the show isn't dismissed as complete trash this season is we are getting 6 seasons worth of payoff for 6 seasons worth of great character development and stroryline. Take away every reunion and every character interaction we've all pined for for 6 seasons and the show is pretty much the suck.

You pretty much suck.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fun and eventful episode for all it's flaws and inconsistencies. The brightest spot was the banter among the dream team up north. Some comic gold there. Low point was the ridiculous Arya vs Sansa arguments. Ice dragon was cool, even if the magically appearing anchor chain was ridiculous. No worse than the magically appearing Uncle with a horse I suppose. Dream team 1, Night King 1.

The writers are blowing a chance for some great Arya - Sansa action here. What should have happened was Sansa opening up about being tortured by Joffrey and sold like meat to Tyrion, then being essentially sold by Littlefinger to an even more sadistic bastard Bolton. That mention...would trigger Arya to say...Littlefinger? But he's the one who hid this letter. The two of them would put it together, and watching them destroy Littlefinger would be highly satisfying for everyone but the most ardent Arby's patrons.

P.S. Loved that Dany said Jon was too little for her. That was classic. I think the writers have been reading this thread.

August_West

Reaction Score
You pretty much suck.

I get that the stupid among us who are enthralled by shiny things think its great. The intelligent long for a higher standard.

You are like a Turkey who needs marbles put in a bowl of water so you dont die of thirst.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

To be fair, Dany doesn't know that killing him will wipe out the other wites. I'm sure it will come up in battle strategy meetings next episode.

Reaction Score
Fun and eventful episode for all it's flaws and inconsistencies. The brightest spot was the banter among the dream team up north. Some comic gold there. Low point was the ridiculous Arya vs Sansa arguments. Ice dragon was cool, even if the magically appearing anchor chain was ridiculous. No worse than the magically appearing Uncle with a horse I suppose. Dream team 1, Night King 1.

The writers are blowing a chance for some great Arya - Sansa action here. What should have happened was Sansa opening up about being tortured by Joffrey and sold like meat to Tyrion, then being essentially sold by Littlefinger to an even more sadistic bastard Bolton. That mention...would trigger Arya to say...Littlefinger? But he's the one who hid this letter. The two of them would put it together, and watching them destroy Littlefinger would be highly satisfying for everyone but the most ardent Arby's patrons.

P.S. Loved that Dany said Jon was too little for her. That was classic. I think the writers have been reading this thread.

Arya and Sansa had childhood issues, and Littlefinger is the best manipulator of humans in the Game. These complaints sound more like fandom disappointment that the expected ships didn't work out as hoped.

Reaction Score
To be fair, Dany doesn't know that killing him will wipe out the other wites. I'm sure it will come up in battle strategy meetings next episode.

I don't think dragon fire kills the Knight King. He just walks through the stuff. He needs to be killed the way he was made.

Reaction Score
I get that the stupid among us who are enthralled by shiny things think its great. The intelligent long for a higher standard.

You are like a Turkey who needs marbles put in a bowl of water so you dont die of thirst.

You're right about one thing. I don't long for higher standards in my movie or television viewing. I long for entertainment, and that there episode was one of the most entertaining from start to finish.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Gendry runs back to eastwatch , raven flies from wall to dragon stone, Danny flies back in 3 minutes.

Show has jumped the shark.

Arya abused Sansa tgat whole episode. She needs to cut her to complete the job

Yeah, they by rights should have starved or frozen to death. Forget the incredibly patient undead zombies smart enough to stop at the thin ice but dumb enough to need a rock skipping across it before realizing they can go a few at a time.

And it is confirmed that ALL Westerosi can breathe underwater and that only some wrights can scuba dive.

The really did blow all their money of FX this season. They did correctly assume that we all just want to get to the end, but it will be a Lost ending instead of the MASH ending.

And I think Sansa and Arys are play acting to nab Littlefinger.

August_West

Reaction Score
Benjen may have been the dumbest thing in an episode of head scratching.

He comes out of nowhere for Jon and then gives Jon a horse (a horse that can easily fit two people) and says "there is no time". What?

If there was no time, why just grab Jon initially and putting him on the horse with you?

August_West

Reaction Score
This sums up the pacing of the series.

DHbBdcJXcAA81BW.jpg

Reaction Score
Benjen may have been the dumbest thing in an episode of head scratching.

He comes out of nowhere for Jon and then gives Jon a horse (a horse that can easily fit two people) and says "there is no time". What?

If there was no time, why just grab Jon initially and putting him on the horse with you?

Because a horse with two people on it doesn't run as fast a horse with one person on it. Duh. Keep on with the brilliant critiques though.

#HigherStandards

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baller29

Top Bottom