GoT Season Seven | Page 44 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Outside of adding to the drama, why were the zombies/wights trying to free the captured zombie? They're dead, they don't care about each other. It's not like Jon & company could have grabbed a really popular or important zombie. It could be that the Night King had directed his army to also free the captive, but why would he care? He hasn't been trying to conceal his forces or his purpose. If the NK was directing his forces, why didn't he command 60 or 80 zombies to encircle the enemy and attack at the same time, instead of one at a time, black ninja-style?

On the Sansa-Arya interaction, in one of the season previews, there was a voice over by Sansa saying something along the lines of the lone wolf perishes while the pack survives. Was that from an earlier season, because I don't think Sansa has said anything like that this season? It could be nothing, it could be foreshadowing Sansa turning on Arya or it could mean the Stark sisters will put aside their differences and deal with the person who's been trying to drive a wedge between them.

At this stage, I think it's abundantly clear, to even those most simplistic of viewers that the entirety of the North of the Wall narrative this episode was terribly written.

Speaking of wolves...where tf has Ghost been? I like Ghost.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You think anyone thinks she was the military strategist in BOB? On what basis?

She bragged about it to Arya about how she saved Winterfell and that Arya should be kissing her feet or some such declarative nonsense.

Reaction Score
She bragged about it to Arya about how she saved Winterfell and that Arya should be kissing her feet or some such declarative nonsense.

So you're now worked up that, God forbid, a political leader takes credit for something they are only tangentially responsible for? Yeah, that's worth pointing out. It's so different than real life. Having said that, her playing Littlefinger along (instead of telling him "no, no, never, never, nuh-oh" is in fact what saved the Starks.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
She's only responsible in that without wanting to be in her cloaks, Littlefinger isn't providing an army to help her. You think anyone thinks she was the military strategist in BOB? On what basis?

So essentially, fire box saved the day.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
So you're now worked up that, God forbid, a political leader takes credit for something they are only tangentially responsible for? Yeah, that's worth pointing out. It's so different than real life. Having said that, her playing Littlefinger along (instead of telling him "no, no, never, never, nuh-oh" is in fact what saved the Starks.

Its very un-Stark like you must admit.

She is much more like Cersei than she is a Stark.

Reaction Score
On the Complaints about Spectacular Fighting ---

Are you people kidding me? Three seasons ago this board was irate that Ser Baristan Selmy was out fought in Mereen by a horde of Mereeen terrorists because Selmy was the greatest of the Kingsguard and should have performed better. I agreed, even though his death in that situation was realistic, because it is a fantasy series and the best knights beat those odds in fantasy series.

Now a team with all of the best fighters in Westeros, along with some willdling extras who serve the role of sacrificial lambs, hold off some skinny skeletons long enough to be rescued and we are in freak out mode?

Give me a break. It is a fantasy series. It has never been realistic. Dragons don't actually exist.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Of course it is. They have explicitly made the point as to how much she is like Cersei in the dialogue.

And nobody has ever confused Cersei with being a good person.

I'm glad we reached a consensus on the lack of redeeming qualities of Sansa Stark.

I've always respected your pragmatism, BL.

Reaction Score
And nobody has ever confused Cersei with being a good person.

I'm glad we reached a consensus on the lack of redeeming qualities of Sansa Stark.

I've always respected your pragmatism, BL.

Why do you think you need to convince me of this? I'm not the one who is so obsessed with her that he has to overanalyze anything that is near being about her.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Why do you think you need to convince me of this? I'm not the one who is so obsessed with her that he has to overanalyze anything that is near being about her.

Im just caught up rooting for the good guys and I feel it is an injustice to lump her in with them just because of her last name.

Reaction Score
A small thing I was thinking about that kinda lines up with HuskiesAllDay's post about the HH zombies and the ones from episode 6:

Outside of adding to the drama, why were the zombies/wights trying to free the captured zombie? They're dead, they don't care about each other. It's not like Jon & company could have grabbed a really popular or important zombie. It could be that the Night King had directed his army to also free the captive, but why would he care? He hasn't been trying to conceal his forces or his purpose. If the NK was directing his forces, why didn't he command 60 or 80 zombies to encircle the enemy and attack at the same time, instead of one at a time, black ninja-style?

On the Sansa-Arya interaction, in one of the season previews, there was a voice over by Sansa saying something along the lines of the lone wolf perishes while the pack survives. Was that from an earlier season, because I don't think Sansa has said anything like that this season? It could be nothing, it could be foreshadowing Sansa turning on Arya or it could mean the Stark sisters will put aside their differences and deal with the person who's been trying to drive a wedge between them.

Sansa hasn't uttered that line yet. Ironically, that line was stolen from the books. Ned tells it to Arya when Arya says she hates Sansa.

It's almost like the people complaining that the show runners screwed up Arya's character don't know Arya's book character. She's my favorite, but she ain't a saint. That is why she is my favorite.

Reaction Score
On the Complaints about Spectacular Fighting ---

Are you people kidding me? Three seasons ago this board was irate that Ser Baristan Selmy was out fought in Mereen by a horde of Mereeen terrorists because Selmy was the greatest of the Kingsguard and should have performed better. I agreed, even though his death in that situation was realistic, because it is a fantasy series and the best knights beat those odds in fantasy series.

Now a team with all of the best fighters in Westeros, along with some willdling extras who serve the role of sacrificial lambs, hold off some skinny skeletons long enough to be rescued and we are in freak out mode?

Give me a break. It is a fantasy series. It has never been realistic. Dragons don't actually exist.

Watch the Hardhome video. They literally were different creatures last night.

If they were the same as they had been, then there is no way they would have been able to hold them off for very long. Certainly not as long as they did.

Ill say it again, the ominous WW army threat has loomed over the plot for the entire series and has been part of Westerosi lure for thousands of years.

And then this unstoppable force is literally stopped by 6 guys!!!!! 6 very good fighters yes. But 6 guys nonetheless. Its absurd.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Sansa hasn't uttered that line yet. Ironically, that line was stolen from the books. Ned tells it to Arya when Arya says she hates Sansa.

It's almost like the people complaining that the show runners screwed up Arya's character don't know Arya's book character. She's my favorite, but she ain't a saint. That is why she is my favorite.

Its going to be the last phrase Littlefinger hears when he gets his throat slit Sunday

Reaction Score
Its going to be the last phrase Littlefinger hears when he gets his throat slit Sunday

And then all the whiners who are sads because they couldn't understand the Arya-Sansa storyline are going to be raving about the payoff.

Reaction Score

If they were the same as they had been, then there is no way they would have been able to hold them off for very long. Certainly not as long as they did.

Ill say it again, the ominous WW army threat has loomed over the plot for the entire series and has been part of Westerosi lure for thousands of years.

And then this unstoppable force is literally stopped by 6 guys!!!!! 6 very good fighters yes. But 6 guys nonetheless. Its absurd.

It's absurd that the best fighters were able to use dragon steel and flaming swords to beat off dead people.

Do you hear yourself?

Reaction Score
It's absurd that the best fighters were able to use dragon steel and flaming swords to beat off dead people.

Do you hear yourself?

Do you hear yourself?
I think what he's saying is a certain lore has been established, and now that lore is being ignored.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

She said that if it were not for her, the Vale army would not have intervened, and Jon would be dead and the Bolton's would hold Winterfell. That's true isn't it? That doesn't mean she fought the battle or planned it, but she was the inspiration for the Vale providing assistance.

Reaction Score
I think what he's saying is a certain lore has been established, and now that lore is being ignored.

I know, but it is just so fun to remind people that dead guys aren't real when they complain about something being unrealistic. Poor intzlcaster griped about Beyond the Wall in the same post he longingly asked about a six foot tall wolf.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Six guys, some thin ice and three dragons. And it's not like they won or stopped them in the slightest. They retreated and took some losses. They were doomed before the dragons showed.

Reaction Score

Do you hear yourself?

I'm saying it is absurd that they completely changed the zombies to make them tame and slow so that the best fighters could hold them off.

Not just lure. But it was legitimized on screen two seasons earlier.

Reaction Score
Six guys, some thin ice and three dragons. And it's not like they won or stopped them in the slightest. They retreated and took some losses. They were doomed before the dragons showed.

And unnamed Wildling extras. Why does everyone leave the cannon fodder out of it?

Reaction Score
I'm saying it is absurd that they completely changed the zombies to make them tame and slow so that the best fighters could hold them off.

Not just lure. But it was legitimized on screen two seasons earlier.

They were never that fast though. A little girl pulling a sleigh with Bran on it was faster. If Meera didn't tire, those super fast dead guys don't catch her and Bran.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I know, but it is just so fun to remind people that dead guys aren't real when they complain about something being unrealistic. Poor intzlcaster griped about Beyond the Wall in the same post he longingly asked about a six foot tall wolf.

He's not 6 foot. More like four.

There's a difference. Suspension of disbelief is fine in establishing norms. Once something had been established, like a white horde of damn near unstoppable raving lunatics, don't go turn them into pvssy bag of bones.

If you establish Jon as Arctic Aqua Man ahead of time, then fine. Might as well of had him March along the ocean floor and pop out of the sea at dragonstone to surprise everybody.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom