GoT Season Seven | Page 46 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And littlefinger gets his throat cut. And Cleganebowl. And Dany and Jon schtupping. And Jamie and Brienne doing their dance and Cersi agreeing to fight walkers in the most transparent lie yet only to think privately that she will let the walkers take care of all her enemies for her. maybe she goes down on the night king.

I've too many Warnings right now to post a proper reply to this, but the possibilities for this are endless.

The Ice Queen indeed.

The great conundrum for me is, do Danny and Jon schtup before they find out the truth, or after? The first would be funnier, the second more scandalous. I'm hoping for the latter.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
my biggest issue was the final sequence from Jon pulling himself out of freezing water and the deus ex machina with Benjen.

I saw someone mention regarding Danny flying at top speed not just through the country north of the wall, but in the heart of the "winter" that the white walkers bring; how cold exactly is this environment? Because a regular dude dragged under freezing water, in armor, by zombies, is not going to just shake them off, swim back up, and pull himself back up through the ice. Speaking of the re-watch, Allister Thorn tells Jon and Sam how if you exposed a finger to the cold, you'd lose it almost instantly. So Jon shouldn't have survived that plunge, shouldn't have gotten out, shouldn't have been able to make it 20 feet let alone ride all the way back to the Wall without succumbing to the cold (unless this is due to some power he has had/acquired unbeknownst to all except the writers).

That entire sequence did not have to happen. It was clearly all a ploy to inject some extra drama and to kill off benjen for who knows what reason. But if they really had to kill benjen off, they could have very easily had him jump in and stop the wights who would have tackled Jon, fought and distracted the walkers while inadvertently revealing a key unknown weakness, allowing everyone to get on the dragons and ride out in safety. Part of the reason I can get over the strife in Winterfell is because that can somehow be resolved. But you can't go back and un-end a character arc. And Benjen deserved a way better ending than what we got. He got a Podrick-level heroic exit. Hodor's was better, more dramatic, and more heroic. A single "THERES NO TIME" are the final words of Benjen Stark? Incredibly disappointed in that. The time issues are lazy writing; the Winterfell stuff is confusing writing; that sequence was flat-out bad writing.

Hahaha we're so on the same page there. Damn near exactly. About 9 pages ago:

GoT Season Seven

I later posited that Jon is some sort of Arctic Aqua Man.

The time issues are lazy writing; the Winterfell stuff is confusing writing; that sequence was flat-out bad writing.

I feel like Jon has been saved as many times and in as nearly as ridiculous of fashions as did Frodo; and I thought Game was above/different from those cringey fantasy stories. That's the feel I had the first 4 seasons.

On the writing:

GoT Season Seven

GoT Season Seven

GoT Season Seven

GoT Season Seven

GoT Season Seven

EDIT: I just realized how much I'm pissing about the lazy writing. Can't stop won't stop

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Especially if you read the spoilers... ;)

I haven't read any spoilers, but I was thinking the same thing about Cersei and the Night King. Well, not the going down part, but thinking she could make a deal with the NK. They share a common enemy and an alliance would solve all her problems. She could offer to let the NK have everything north of The Twins. Her problem is that the NK can take everything, if he wants, and, unlike Euron, he doesn't seem to care about the ladies. I don't know what his incentive would be to agree.

As for the big summit in the finale, does Dany's side take the initiative and double cross Cersei? It doesn't seem likely considering Tyrion urging her to be less ruthless. On the other hand, they have to know Cersei is planning something similar, so why not beat her to the punch?

In the big picture, this potential alliance seems like it will lead to as many problems as it solves. Both sides will be worried about the other stabbing them in the back while fighting alongside them and will be trying to conserve their strength to continue the fight after the WWs are defeated.

Reaction Score
it's going to be a Seinfeld ending, just watch.

I'm only about to turn 27 so Seinfeld was before my time, but I just read the plot. Holy wow.

But that does give some good bad-ending-inspiration that also involves a Green Day song

It comes to be revealed that the White Walkers are now a force of nature that the world to some degree depends on for its equilibrium, or some such (I remember links between magic, dragons, and the walkers so as long as Danny's dragons are around so too will be the walkers). Or that, as in World of Warcraft and its undead army led by the Lich King; where if the leader dies, the army of the dead will be free to run rampant across the world, effectively being even more dangerous. Thus, there must always be some Night King to rule them. Jon takes it on himself to become the Night King with some of his human will intact, to control and suppress the army of the dead so that they may fill their purpose without being a huge direct threat. Jon receives Dragonglass to the heart, and sits atop and relaxes into the Frozen Throne; the Game theme musically shifts in to and becomes a full-on "Wake Me Up When September Ends" instrumental as we zoom in on Jon becoming more Night Kingy and breathing an increasing amount of frost. His final breath brings in the credits.

Everyone throws a brick through their televisions

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I haven't read any spoilers, but I was thinking the same thing about Cersei and the Night King. Well, not the going down part, but thinking she could make a deal with the NK. They share a common enemy and an alliance would solve all her problems. She could offer to let the NK have everything north of The Twins. Her problem is that the NK can take everything, if he wants, and, unlike Euron, he doesn't seem to care about the ladies. I don't know what his incentive would be to agree.

As for the big summit in the finale, does Dany's side take the initiative and double cross Cersei? It doesn't seem likely considering Tyrion urging her to be less ruthless. On the other hand, they have to know Cersei is planning something similar, so why not beat her to the punch?

In the big picture, this potential alliance seems like it will lead to as many problems as it solves. Both sides will be worried about the other stabbing them in the back while fighting alongside them and will be trying to conserve their strength to continue the fight after the WWs are defeated.

I don't think the night king negotiates. Or talks really. He just kills people and things. He ends life. It goes back to what Beric said to Jon, death is the enemy. Cersei isn't cutting any deals with the NK, or using her other oral skills.

Can Jon and Dany convince her to work with them? I doubt it. Not in good faith anyway.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Do you even Cersei, bro?

I Night King. I can see it now.

Cersei: I have a proposal....
*whoosh*
Cersei's head falls from her neck.

Don't give me any Clegane nonsense. He's dead. NK touches him and his eyes turn blue, he turns around and tears Cersei apart.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hahaha we're so on the same page there. Damn near exactly. About 9 pages ago:

GoT Season Seven

I later posited that Jon is some sort of Arctic Aqua Man.

On the writing:

GoT Season Seven

GoT Season Seven

GoT Season Seven

GoT Season Seven

GoT Season Seven

EDIT: I just realized how much I'm pissing about the lazy writing. Can't stop won't stop

Fickle Pack of Little Girls. Two episodes ago was the best! Top 5 Episodes!!! OMG. Now you all whine and prattle about Worst Season Ever and Rocktheworld makes multiple references to Dexter just in case we didn't hear him the first time.

Fickle gjrls. I don't know how you all linked your cycles up, but it is embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Fickle Pack of Little Girls. Two episodes ago was the best! Top 5 Episodes!!! OMG. Now you all whine and prattle about Worst Season Ever and Rocktheworld makes multiple references to Dexter just in case we didn't hear him the first time.

Fickle gjrls. I don't know how you all linked your cycles up, but it is embarrassing.
Must've forgot I already said that. But please keep me out of this diatribe against people like Nelson who were anointing episodes and battles (note even he went back and re-watched and came back to say it was more meh) 30 seconds after they occur with no time taken to really process what they watched.

RTW don't jump the gun like that

Reaction Score
It's ok. You ladies become forgetful during your time of the month. I understand.
And I know how irritable you get during yours. No worries, little dove

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Must've forgot I already said that. But please keep me out of this diatribe against people like Nelson who were anointing episodes and battles (note even he went back and re-watched and came back to say it was more meh) 30 seconds after they occur with no time taken to really process what they watched.

RTW don't jump the gun like that

You've missed a bunch of the action apparently, as I mentioned previously: :GOT = Meyers:Walking Dead

Reaction Score
72765eb6954ce0e9128c51a117588a21--my-best-friend-best-friends.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Stop whinging.

I feel like that word should have a J in it.

Whinjing, or at least keep the e, whingeing.

Reaction Score
I feel like that word should have a J in it.

Whinjing, or at least keep the e, whingeing.

I struggled with the spelling enough that I googled it. Doesn't mean what I found was correct, but I was happy to have some support for my choice.

Alas. there are no gifs available yet.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I dont know. We will see.

I was right about Thoros dying last episode. I was wrong about Tormund, I was sure he was a goner. So my batting average aint that great. I could be wrong about Cleaganebowl, but its no reach or spoiler to say Cersei is definitely putting on kneepads for the night king. Who doesnt think that?

If not that was the last we will see of the Hound. Where else could he have been going?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I struggled with the spelling enough that I googled it. Doesn't mean what I found was correct, but I was happy to have some support for my choice.

Alas. there are no gifs available yet.

I'm sure yours is the correct spelling. I just think it should be spelled so that it doesn't read the same a winging. Plus, bonus scrabble points.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I'm only about to turn 27 so Seinfeld was before my time, but I just read the plot. Holy wow.

But that does give some good bad-ending-inspiration that also involves a Green Day song

It comes to be revealed that the White Walkers are now a force of nature that the world to some degree depends on for its equilibrium, or some such (I remember links between magic, dragons, and the walkers so as long as Danny's dragons are around so too will be the walkers). Or that, as in World of Warcraft and its undead army led by the Lich King; where if the leader dies, the army of the dead will be free to run rampant across the world, effectively being even more dangerous. Thus, there must always be some Night King to rule them. Jon takes it on himself to become the Night King with some of his human will intact, to control and suppress the army of the dead so that they may fill their purpose without being a huge direct threat. Jon receives Dragonglass to the heart, and sits atop and relaxes into the Frozen Throne; the Game theme musically shifts in to and becomes a full-on "Wake Me Up When September Ends" instrumental as we zoom in on Jon becoming more Night Kingy and breathing an increasing amount of frost. His final breath brings in the credits.

Everyone throws a brick through their televisions

There have been some inferences, including from Martin himself is that in the end Winter wins and sweeps across Westeros. So, you aren't too far off on it being a possibly or the world hunting down Martin for it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Watching the last two episodes of Turn last night, I became even more aware of what a train wreck this GoT season has been from a storytelling perspective. Turn wrapped up beautifully, with probably 5% of the budget that GoT has and limited flexibility because it is based on a true story. It still hit all the marks and reached a logical and interesting conclusion. GoT Season 6 feels like it was directed by Michael Bay. Cool special effects with a confusing story line and incoherent dialogue.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It's ok. You ladies become forgetful during your time of the month. I understand.

Did anyone else's moon blood come early because of the eclipse?

^^
That's an actual thread one of adubs more crunchy female friends started on Facebook today.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
There have been some inferences, including from Martin himself is that in the end Winter wins and sweeps across Westeros. So, you aren't too far off on it being a possibly or the world hunting down Martin for it.

If it eliminates Sansa I would call that acceptable collateral damage

Reaction Score
Watching the last two episodes of Turn last night, I became even more aware of what a train wreck this GoT season has been from a storytelling perspective. Turn wrapped up beautifully, with probably 5% of the budget that GoT has and limited flexibility because it is based on a true story. It still hit all the marks and reached a logical and interesting conclusion. GoT Season 6 feels like it was directed by Michael Bay. Cool special effects with a confusing story line and incoherent dialogue.

Michael Bay, hey? Vegan Boy made that reference 3 pages ago. You both also think you need to reflect upon a show to determine whether it was entertaining.

#SyncingUp

Reaction Score
Michael Bay, hey? Vegan Boy made that reference 3 pages ago. You both also think you need to reflect upon a show to determine whether it was entertaining.

#SyncingUp
Damn nobody is safe from Saclito's wrath. It will engulf us all

The Mad Queen; Mother of Bats; The Un-Toppled; Gardener of Rocks

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
In 's defense, here we are talking about this show two days after it aired, and a week after it was leaked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom