Girlfriend help from the boneyard | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Girlfriend help from the boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
9 pm
Pretty sure Gringo's in Venezuela, and it's 30 minutes ahead of ET. Smart man setting expectations, and giving himself an extra 1/2 hour to settle in for the Huskies. He is going to tell Señorita Gringo 8 pm tipoff, local time.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
We all know SMU is a huge game tomorrow. It also happens to be played at 8:00 p.m. on Valentine's Day. Any ideas on how I can convince my Venezuelan girlfriend, who knows nothing about college basketball, to stay in and watch the game on Valentine's day?

Your solution is simple my friend. Make up some sappy about how you want to celebrate as if you were spending Valentine's Day in her native Venezuela. They're 30 minutes ahead of us so make a 5:30 Applebee's reservation, wine and dine her until 7:30 and you'll be home by 7:45.

Pour her a nice glass of sparkling wine tainted with Tylenol PM and you'll be good. She may not nod off until the first TV time out but you're gonna have to give a little for this to work. After we win, wake her up and see if she'll celebrate with you.

Either that or break up until Sunday.

EDIT: Didn't see the post above mine to see that you're actually in Venezuela. Tylenol PM at 6:30 or you're going to have to break up until Sunday.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Gringo's in Venezuela, and it's 30 minutes ahead of ET. Smart man setting expectations, and giving himself an extra 1/2 hour to settle in for the Huskies. He is going to tell Señorita Gringo 8 pm tipoff, local time.
Wait... for the game or for... you know what...I don't need to know.. nevermind.

Reaction Score
Its supposed to be snowy here in CT tomorrow afternoon. I'm doing lunch, its the lovey duvvy stuff afterwards that I may also need some advice on. When I was younger I could use my knockout sex method, and watch the game in peace. However now its a movie first, then fireplace and all that "I want your attention" stuff that scares me for tomorrow night.

I think I might do my fake argument routine, then when the game ends say I'm sorry and resume activities. If they when she gets lucky, if they lose then she feels the pain.

Reaction Score
I am so lucky. My gf who just gave birth to our first about 3 weeks ago reminded me that the game was on at 9 and asked if we could go out to dinner early so i can be home in plenty of time to catch the game. :D
Keepa!

Reaction Score
Your solution is simple my friend. Make up some sappy about how you want to celebrate as if you were spending Valentine's Day in her native Venezuela. They're 30 minutes ahead of us so make a 5:30 Applebee's reservation, wine and dine her until 7:30 and you'll be home by 7:45.

Pour her a nice glass of sparkling wine tainted with Tylenol PM and you'll be good. She may not nod off until the first TV time out but you're gonna have to give a little for this to work. After we win, wake her up and see if she'll celebrate with you.

Either that or break up until Sunday.

EDIT: Didn't see the post above mine to see that you're actually in Venezuela. Tylenol PM at 6:30 or you're going to have to break up until Sunday.

Funny post....but I'm not in Venezuela. My girlfriend is from Venezuela, I'm in Central America.

Reaction Score
a) The more you protest that you're crazy, the more crazy you're going to sound. I'm just warning you.
b) Iron Mike is neither Iron or really named Mike. Not sure you're helping your cause here, honey.
lol, had to sign in to 'like' an Iron Mike reference.

Reaction Score
Wow, you are in the wrong place for relationship advice but here you go. Valentine's Day is not the day to assert your Husky obsession. Make it her day and you will far happier in the long run but let her know that you are giving up the game for her. Also let her know in some kind way that she shouldn't get used to it.:)

Reaction Score
Wow, you are in the wrong place for relationship advice but here you go. Valentine's Day is not the day to assert your Husky obsession. Make it her day and you will far happier in the long run but let her know that you are giving up the game for her. Also let her know in some kind way that she shouldn't get used to it.:)

This is the worst advice ever. On all counts. I hope someday you find the mason jar your testicles are trapped away in.

Reaction Score
Valentine's Day is supposed to be about both of you, not just the woman...so, if she cares about you and wants to show it on Valentine's Day, then she's gotta let you watch the game...and if you care about her, then the rest of the day you've got to do whatever it is that pleases her

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It seems like some guys here are flirting with huskyhaven, and this brings about a very important question. Has anyone on the Boneyard ever hooked up? Now that's a thread I'd really enjoy LOL

OT: Boneyard Hookups

I really hope so, although it would probably lead to some weird stuff being said in the heat of the moment.

"Throw me around like Jeff Adrien in the paint baby"

"Let me see those testiculos"

"Let's Role Play! You be Calhoun, I'll be Coach K and you can pound me like it's 99/04"

Reaction Score
I really hope so, although it would probably lead to some weird stuff being said in the heat of the moment.

"Let's Role Play! You be Calhoun, I'll be Coach K and you can pound me like it's 99/04"

Marcus Cox drives to the hole!

Reaction Score

Jeff Adrien is my all time favorite Husky

Jeff is my all time favorite Husky. He is the father of Senhor Testiculos.

Reaction Score
Valentine's Day is supposed to be about both of you, not just the woman...so, if she cares about you and wants to show it on Valentine's Day, then she's gotta let you watch the game...and if you care about her, then the rest of the day you've got to do whatever it is that pleases her

Exactly that's why today is going to be so special for me. She's getting her hair done as we speak so I get to be alone for 3 hours. Then we're going to CT for my buddies wife's 50th BDay party. Because it's going to be fun, I'm going to LET my wife drive so I can get lit up and we can be safe coming home in time to watch the game!

Love to share Valentines Day! ;)

Reaction Score
Both of you? I'm not sure women see it that way.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm in a unique situation - my wife and I work together. Her cubicle is about 20 steps from my office door. We drive to work together. We drive home together. 90% of the time we have lunch together. So my valentines day gift is 2.5 hours away from me between 6:00 and 8:30 when I watch the game in my home office. A bonus is the office is about 7 minutes from the flower district in downtown LA so for $70 she got three dozen of the freshest long stem roses arranged in a vase delivered by me to her desk Thursday morning so everyone could walk by all day and admire them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks! A healthy 7lb baby boy named Mason. My absolute pride and joy.:D
That's great! You are about to enter into a great part of life. Demanding but so rewarding. Remember to enjoy every minute of it. Even the 3AM change/feed. Mason is a great name but it is a little disappointing that there isn't a husky reference there in the year following a NC. Please tell me his middle name is Shabazz.

Reaction Score
That's great! You are about to enter into a great part of life. Demanding but so rewarding. Remember to enjoy every minute of it. Even the 3AM change/feed. Mason is a great name but it is a little disappointing that there isn't a husky reference there in the year following a NC. Please tell me his middle name is Shabazz.
Thanks! I think its a great name as his mom let me name him. No way was i going to make him a jr. I did compromise as i got to pick the first name and she insisted his middle name either be my first or middle name so we went with my middle name Joel. Sorry to disappoint but next time Allen Kembazz Calhoun BenRip (Last name) shall be his name;)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You lost me at "church."
For the record, I have uttered those exact words.
And fwiw, I didn't watch this game until after returning home from a night at the Opera. I pity anyone who got into trouble around watching the game live and watched the game live as well. ,

Reaction Score
Don't think of it as a problem, but an opportunity! A chance for her to comprehend the pecking order and her place in it! (TOUNGE IN CHEEK)!!!! REALITY CHECK: DVR the game, and spend the time in a special way with someone you care about, that's what the day is all about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom