Girlfriend help from the boneyard | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Girlfriend help from the boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I am so lucky. My gf who just gave birth to our first about 3 weeks ago reminded me that the game was on at 9 and asked if we could go out to dinner early so i can be home in plenty of time to catch the game. :D

Congratulations on your new baby! And for having a gf that understands. My wife is the same.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Thankfully, Gringo has the BY to turn to for relationship advice. It’s where everyone should receive guidance, get up to date news and make financial decisions.

And medical advice. Don't forget medical advice.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm saying this but Prankster is right. (is that a first?)

Tell her the games are important to you and that you want to share them with her - she'll love that part. Have whatever she likes to eat/drink available ("I bought them just for you"), maybe a rose in honor of Valentine's Day, then watch the game together. Your enjoyment of it should draw her into it and, hopefully, make her a fan.

It would be really helpful if you offered to do something you've been meh about in the past. Not 50 Shades of Grey but but maybe a restaurant you weren't crazy to try before, something like that.

We know guys can be clueless in figuring out how to deal with us (cough, CAHUSKY) but if you at least try, even if it's awkwardly done, we find it endearing.

Possibly the first time in my life!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Cheeky is a middle-aged guy! I would never have guessed. Would have guessed twenty-something.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Patience, Grasshopper. Eventually life after classes evolves away from one-night-stands and fraternity parties.:eek:
47 and still waiting..........................

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
So one of my best friends at work has an agreement with his wife called "Man-entine's Day." Essentially what it entails is Valentine's Day being all about her and then in July he get's a Saturday with no kids, lot's of golf, bourbon and cigars. Obviously it doesn't solve the SMU issue immediately, but it's a great alternative. Good luck with it though; I pitched Man-entine's Day to my wife and I got laughed at.

Reaction Score
I think this is a creepy insight into the Good ... guys with great intimacy ... and the Not so Good.

Thanks

Reaction Score
keep the volume down, you don't want her hearing "Lubin with the ball", "ball penetration", or "going hard right down the lane" and getting too excited prematurely

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We all know SMU is a huge game tomorrow. It also happens to be played at 8:00 p.m. on Valentine's Day. Any ideas on how I can convince my Venezuelan girlfriend, who knows nothing about college basketball, to stay in and watch the game on Valentine's day?

Nope.

You probably shouldn't even try.

And the fact that you thought this place could help you is troubling.

Reaction Score
That's the way. If you don't train them early you don't have a chance.;) In case people without a sense of humor don't get it, I'm hoping to bait huskyhaven and uconnell. Two gals with a fine sense of humor imo.
No problem. I say if a guy I'm dating can't watch the game I'll dump him. Dated a guy during the champ run and drank up a storm. Wouldn't you think that would be great? No, he dumped me.
I buy tickets at the last minute for games at the XL which are singles in the season ticket holders section. Great seats. I sat next to a guy and chatted all game about sports etc... He said I'm a guys dream. Oh well....

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No problem. I say if a guy I'm dating can't watch the game I'll dump him. Dated a guy during the champ run and drank up a storm. Wouldn't you think that would be great? No, he dumped me.
I buy tickets at the last minute for games at the XL which are singles in the season ticket holders section. Great seats. I sat next to a guy and chatted all game about sports etc... He said I'm a guys dream. Oh well....
Tough break. First dude probably a latent Dukie!

Reaction Score
If you do anything but DVR this game and watch it later you are screwed. It's not worth hearing about it for the next forever.
This.

Don't listen to any of these other fools.

I don't care what you say to her, your girlfriend hears: "a basketball game is more important than me on my big special day." BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Keep your mouth shut and DVR the game. Then SUNDAY mention to her that you have a game to watch, you DVR'd it saturday because being with her on valentines day was much more important. Then you get "isn't that thoughtful" points.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Well, you sound certifiably crazy to me. And, trust me, I have a PhD in dating crazies. I can spot one a mile away.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Well, you sound certifiably crazy to me. And, trust me, I have a PhD in dating crazies. I can spot one a mile away.
Sounds like you're asking her for a date!

Reaction Score
Ask Iron Mike about me. Actually too sane. Just learned to go have fun on my own.

Reaction Score
a) The more you protest that you're crazy, the more crazy you're going to sound. I'm just warning you.
b) Iron Mike is neither Iron or really named Mike. Not sure you're helping your cause here, honey.
Oh goodness. Just maybe you haven't been around real women. :) Hans Sprungfeld even knows me from church. :). Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom