OT: - Giants Cowboys | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants Cowboys

Reaction Score
Pulled Jalen Hurts down 17-14 in the 3rd quarter (after going for it on 4th and goal at the 5 and failing).

Put in a backup QB who will never see a snap in the NFL again. They never threatened after that.
only his 4th and likely last game of his career

Reaction Score
How could they possibly have done enough? They had literally the easiest division in league history and still went 6-10. The best QB in the division was Andy Dalton. Gentleman's top 10 drafted QB of the future sucks too much to be called that now and whose most memorable highlight from the season was falling down. His drafting of a RB in the top 2 continues to look like an incredible waste of draft capital. They won 2 games outside of the division all year, 1 against the Bengals with a backup QB and in neither game did the Giants get to 20 points.

Jones is so much better than Dalton at this point I stopped reading right there! Lol

Reaction Score
Oh no, he lost the respect of a 4-11-1 team whatever will he do, he might get fired and immediately hired by 10 teams
I am sure Gettlemen will give him a shot. Those two seem to be of the same cloth.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I don't know if I'm on the Jones train. Prior to his injuries he was beginning to make noticeable progress. Add to the injuries how bad the O-line has been and that's a strong justification for the past few weeks. That said, Jones isn't making up a lot of ground for the team.

I don't think they should move on from him next season, instead shore up the O-line...finally...and evaluate after next season. They finally have competent coaching and offensive weapons.
Shades of the Phil Simms era Giants. He used to get hammered and thrown around like a rag doll. Offensive line was the last piece to be placed. Fortunately he was tough enough to "take a licking and keep on ticking." Once the offensive line was in place it was "smash mouth" football and that opened up the sky for
Simms. When you have physicality on offense and defense it's a very long afternoon for opponents.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Even the Today show is reporting that the Eagles threw the game to improve their draft position.

Reaction Score
Even the Today show is reporting that the Eagles threw the game to improve their draft position.
I just had a second thought on this. I wonder if there was a fix on this.

Reaction Score
Jones is so much better than Dalton at this point I stopped reading right there! Lol
You don't play yourself. Dalton was the best QB in the division they had to play.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Good lord, how pathetic is the football team from Washington...

really pathetic, they lost to the giants...twice

the Q

Reaction Score
I’m a Green Bay fan but my dad and all my boys are Giants fans so I feel for you guys- I’ve never seen a situation in all my years watching football where in the middle of a competitive game, late , on national TV , between two division rivals with the game carrying so much weight playoff wise , the up-and-coming young starter is pulled for a pointless back up for absolutely no reason. That was 100% Philly sticking it to the Giants - they “wanted to give Sudfeld some work to see what he brings to the table?” could be the funniest thing I’ve heard all year. What an absolute b——move by the Eagles.

In baseball the Yankees did it to the Red Sox in 2011

the Q

Reaction Score

Imagine if Jalen Hurts tore his achilles in the 4th qtr of a 100% completely meaningless game.

yeah. I mean he got his reps. He scored. Keep him safe when you’re playing to ruin your draft position

Reaction Score
You don't play yourself. Dalton was the best QB in the division they had to play.

Went by this: "The best QB in the division was Andy Dalton." Guess I'm wrong for misunderstanding, my bad.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I

Imagine if Jalen Hurts tore his achilles in the 4th qtr of a 100% completely meaningless game.

Imagine all the people living life in peace.

You play to win the game. Sudfeld was NOT going to win the game.

Reaction Score
As a Red Sox fan I remember that night extremely well.

To the Yankees' credit, they started most of their position players, and Mark Teixeira actually hit two home runs (including a grand slam) to give them a 7-0 lead.

Their relief pitching was horrible though, but even in spite of that, would have won the game if they hadn't given up a 2-out, 9th inning home run to...Dan Johnson, who came into the game with 9 hits and 1 home run in 83 at-bats.

the Q

Reaction Score

To the Yankees' credit, they started most of their position players, and Mark Teixeira actually hit two home runs (including a grand slam) to give them a 7-0 lead.

Their relief pitching was horrible though, but even in spite of that, would have won the game if they hadn't given up a 2-out, 9th inning home run to...Dan Johnson, who came into the game with 9 hits and 1 home run in 83 at-bats.

I went to the game in Baltimore that night.

I was in dc at the time.

that was a long drive home...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Right. It's not the same thing, other than the Yankees not making the Sox lose all those September games.

Reaction Score

Don't think this is a good comparison:

"No team has blown a bigger lead in September — a nine-game margin through Sept. 3 — and missed the playoffs. Boston went 6-18 after that and did not win consecutive games at any point in the month."

the Q

Reaction Score
Don't think this is a good comparison:

"No team has blown a bigger lead in September — a nine-game margin through Sept. 3 — and missed the playoffs. Boston went 6-18 after that and did not win consecutive games at any point in the month."

Just meant the one game.

sox lost the division well before that when Beckett went from cy young favorite to disaster over 5 weeks

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So the Eagles tanked their last game on purpose to screw the Giants. Even though I hate the Giants and the NFL, that's pretty bogus. Makes me glad I don't watch it anymore.

Reaction Score
Honestly not suprised in the least if the Eagles played the Giants last night, I know they would’ve had Desean Jackson playing and probably returning punts. Most of the starters would’ve played and Hurts would’ve played the whole game.

Can’t blame anybody but yourself though. More motivation going into next year.

Reaction Score
ahh, the hypocrisy of the ny media. the same guys who slammed the jets for winning are now slamming the eagles for losing. you can't make this stuff up. truth is, the giants are a bad football team and had no business being in the playoff. sure, last night looked eggregious but can you blame them? the 6th pick is far more valuable than the 9th.

Reaction Score
The fact that Hurts was pulled for Sudfeld in the 4th quarter was very strange. This a 2nd round rookie. Wouldn’t get nearly the story it’s getting if not for that. Players on the Eagles are pissed. No one should be more pissed then Hurts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom