OT: - Giants Cowboys | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants Cowboys

Reaction Score
If any of the objections were truly unbiased, we’d be hearing about Steelers intentionally tanking game so dolphins would not get in. What DP did was puzzling, at best, but let’s not feign integrity when the single fact is you’re upset that u didn’t get to the playoffs despite a 6-10 record.

This has nothing to do with integrity or tanking - lots of teams could’ve played more starters for longer in season. The jags tanked. The jets are so hopeless they tanked tanking. Lots of team pulled back reins once eliminated. If the hapless giants had not needed another team to do their job for them, this move would’ve been another example of an eliminated team resting nearly half their starters.

oh, and congrats for staying close to the 5 seed earlier in the season. You all really need a participation trophy. We can call it the ConIntegrity Trophy - disco May have some designs for u to use.
You obviously can’t get it. Peace

Reaction Score
Exactly, I don't care that the Giants missed the playoffs because they didn't deserve it. I don't even care that the Eagles sat most of their starters week 17, that's par for the course in any meaningless game across the NFL. But don't pull your rookie QB with 3 starts who in the middle of week 17 to evaluate the 4 year backup QB and tell me you're trying to win
It's not like Pederson is going to admit that the Eagles, as an organization, decided to tank to move up 3 spots in the draft. Everyone knows it's true but if he says the words, the NFL would have to get involved.

Reaction Score
Why are eagles fans calling out Giants fans for being whiny when your own players are pissed off about it?
I'll bet there are more Joe Judge fans in that Eagles locker room than Pederson fans.

Reaction Score
If any of the objections were truly unbiased, we’d be hearing about Steelers intentionally tanking game so dolphins would not get in. What DP did was puzzling, at best, but let’s not feign integrity when the single fact is you’re upset that u didn’t get to the playoffs despite a 6-10 record.

This has nothing to do with integrity or tanking - lots of teams could’ve played more starters for longer in season. The jags tanked. The jets are so hopeless they tanked tanking. Lots of team pulled back reins once eliminated. If the hapless giants had not needed another team to do their job for them, this move would’ve been another example of an eliminated team resting nearly half their starters.

oh, and congrats for staying close to the 5 seed earlier in the season. You all really need a participation trophy. We can call it the ConIntegrity Trophy - disco May have some designs for u to use.
You should introduce yourself to Twitter and read what some of the people connected to the NFL, and not the Giants, have had to say about it.

Also, you're the one who said the Giants would get "pasted" by the Bucs, despite the fact the Giants very nearly beat them earlier this year. Nobody is claiming a moral victory, just providing more evidence that perhaps you're not nearly as informed as you're pretending to be.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why are eagles fans calling out Giants fans for being whiny when your own players are pissed off about it?
I'll bet there are more Joe Judge fans in that Eagles locker room than Pederson fans.
Eagles fans have never been known for their intelligence.

Reaction Score
As a Giants fan who has seen his own organization constantly screw up awesome tanking opportunities during the Coughlin era and now the Judge era, I will say there is something admirable about a coach who just wants to win. Coughlin and Judge are both in that mold, of course they both came from the Parcells/Belicheck tree.
As a fan I have no problem with going full youth mode once your season is over. You get the benefit of seeing what your future is and if they struggle you improve your draft position.
But the Eagles giving snaps to the team janitor in the 4th quarter of a game with playoff implications was pretty dopey. If it gets the NFL to adopt a lottery system to prevent this crap from happening again than it was well worth it.
In the meantime perhaps the NFL shouldnt flex a game on the last day of the season where a team might put up a white flag in a close game. Not a good look.

Reaction Score
Worst fanbase in America...

Reaction Score
Giants fans are upset because the Eagles didn’t care about their special playoff date with Tom Brady. The End. Ask them to discuss the “integrity” that went into getting Eli Manning.
You're really serious about this? You really think the Giants did something wrong??? LMAO. Bruh.

I can't believe someone out there really think the Giants did something wrong in that trade. Accorsi selected Rivers knowing he didn't have a deal in place yet, and that it meant he wouldn't draft the other QB he rated as highly as Eli.

Eli didn't want to play for the Chargers. He told them not to draft him. They did anyway. Read below, or click the link.

However, Eli Manning has never used his father as a scapegoat, instead taking responsibility for the decision to oppose the Chargers.

"However, Eli Manning has never used his father as a scapegoat, instead taking responsibility for the decision to oppose the Chargers. "I made up my mind, I talked to my dad about it, talked to Tom Condon about it," Manning recounted to the New York Post in 2014. "We had this plan to kind of say, we'll tell San Diego not to draft you and hopefully they won't draft you, no one ever knows about it, they draft someone else, and you might get drafted by Oakland. Or you might get drafted by Arizona. Those were [picks] 2-3, and then the Giants were 4. ... He said, 'Maybe you slide to 4.' That was kind of what we were hoping for.

"Obviously it did not work that way, and San Diego came out and told them what I expressed to them. It's an uncomfortable situation -- you're excited about being at the draft and playing in the NFL, but then you have to deal with a lot of questions, and people were kind of questioning you and what's going on."

The Giants caught wind of Manning's opposition to the Chargers and began plotting a trade to acquire him. New York general manager Ernie Accorsi coveted the quarterback and wanted to strike a deal with San Diego. However, Accorsi feared making first contact would diminish his leverage. He also felt the Giants had an appealing backup plan in case no deal for Manning materialized. "I had a great backup position because of [Miami of Ohio quarterback Ben] Roethlisberger," Accorsi said on WFAN in 2016. "We loved Roethlisberger."

But while the Giants preferred Roethlisberger as their Plan B to Manning, the Chargers favored N.C. State signal-caller Philip Rivers. Rivers had impressed Smith and his personnel department during a spectacular senior season in which he completed 348 of his 483 passes (72.0% completion) for 4,491 yards, 34 touchdowns, and seven interceptions.

That difference of opinion became critical when Smith selected Manning and didn't have a deal in place yet with New York. Accorsi faced a dilemma when the Giants came on the clock. Either he could take Roethlisberger, the best quarterback available in his evaluation, or select Rivers and hope to iron out a deal with the Chargers.

He selected Rivers, the teams made a trade, and the only one still mad about it is @Horatio

Reaction Score
As Eagles fan, thanks. You pretty much nailed it. I’ve been saying it all day. This is pretty much the first time I’ve even seen the Eagles have a “tank” situation. Some teams stink to the point in which they “tank” regularly. Also, need I remind Giants fans of how they got Eli Manning?!?!? And the “integrity” of that gangster
Considering their starter has expressed a desire to leave and the rookie was 7-20 that night for less than 100 yards (and barely above 50% a year), apparently they felt it was important to get a one and only look at him. Probably as much as Steelers needed to see their backup play entire game.

when did it become the eagles job to help out a 6-10 team make the playoffs? DO YOUR JOB and stop blaming others. You’re the 9th worst team.

how about a thank you for moving your pathetic team up 10 spots in draft and saving u the embarrassment of being worst ever playoff team and getting pasted by bucs.

Wow angry post. Relax a little keep the hatred out of it a little. Our pathetic team beat the pathetic team twice that is making the playoffs and we as fans would like to have seen the Eagloes try to win. It's not do or die at all just a fan bering a fan. Seth Joyner thought they should have tried to win too maybe take you tough angry guy approach up with him??? ;)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yeah, not sure what the Giants did wrong there. The villain in that has always been Manning.

If you want to bring up John Mara using his clout with the NFL to attempt to cover up a punters domestic violence, or to hamstring two division rivals for breaking a non-existent rule, have at it, but I don't much here.

Oh and to preempt the Snyder talk. Not many WFT fans like him and would love nothing more for him to sell the franchise.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Wow angry post. Relax a little keep the hatred out of it a little. Our pathetic team beat the pathetic team twice that is making the playoffs and we as fans would like to have seen the Eagloes try to win. It's not do or die at all just a fan bering a fan. Seth Joyner thought they should have tried to win too maybe take you tough angry guy approach up with him??? ;)
I’m not angry at all. This is standard NFC East tone and temperament and I don’t even hate those teams. Seth Joyners opinion means nothing to most of us.

Reaction Score
No one said the Eagles had to play to win for the Giants lol. Maybe try to win for umm yourselves the guys in the locker room. Yes teams do tank and sit starters pulling your qb in the 4th for a practice squad qb on a SNF will raise a lot of eyebrows. At least don’t make it obvious.

Reaction Score
I’m not angry at all. This is standard NFC East tone and temperament and I don’t even hate those teams. Seth Joyners opinion means nothing to most of us.

Sorry have no idea why you were on here, was not directed at you Horatio.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Giants would have gotten another shot at TB12. Think of the chubbys that will never occur.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Was listening to WEEI this morning and Jermaine Wiggins indicated that the Eagles veterans may privately have a different feeling than the message put out to the media.

Reaction Score
This was not the typical Week 17 situation that a lot of teams find themselves in, which is what makes it worse. It's that they played a game plan, with a bunch of key players, for three quarters and then willingly decided to give up down 3 in the 4th quarter. That's a slap in the face to those players and the game.

That's not the same as sitting your starters in a meaningless Week 17 game to reduce risk of injury. If they'd done that, that's defendable - the game meant nothing. Instead, they put those guys out there (at risk of injury) for three quarters then decided to give up at the end of a close game.

This situation is immeasurably worse for Philadelphia than it is for the Giants. Peterson may have permanently lost the trust of the locker room by doing that - including the starting QB who he used to kick his other QB out the door. Meanwhile, you can bet every player in the Giants organization is willing to run through a wall for Joe Judge after that press conference yesterday. And the Giants lose nothing more than a week of practice and one playoff game they'd almost certainly lose. Not insignificant, but nothing compared to deep fractures across the team.

Reaction Score
You've posted about this 3 or 4 times but have yet to once explain what exactly the Giants did wrong.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Sorry have no idea why you were on here, was not directed at you Horatio.
No problem Mau. I’m just irritated over the fact that I’ve never seen the Eagles “tank” in my 25-30 years of fandom and their getting this level of criticism. Criticism from fans of a team that has “ Tanked” to the sum of Odell, Barkley and Jones recently. If they were playing the Jags with nothing on the line, no one would’ve cared. The Giants wanted to play Brady again. Oh well

Reaction Score
No problem Mau. I’m just irritated over the fact that I’ve never seen the Eagles “tank” in my 25-30 years of fandom and their getting this level of criticism. Criticism from fans of a team that has “ Tanked” to the sum of Odell, Barkley and Jones recently. If they were playing the Jags with nothing on the line, no one would’ve cared. The Giants wanted to play Brady again. Oh well

Beckham was taken 12th. No tanking involved.

The year that caused the Giants to get the 2 pick (Barkley), was because of the incompetence of Bob McAdoo (Geno Smith fiasco), who was promptly fired and replaced by Spagnola who as an interim coach sure as hell wasn't trying to lose...and in fact the Giants won the final game of that season - ironically enough against Washington

The year that caused the Giants to get the 6 pick was under Shurmer and they started 1-7, but finished 4-4 in their last 8.

There are some organizations that play to win - even if they've sucked at it lately - and then there are some organizations that take players out of games in order to avoid winning when it suits them.....even when their own players want to keep playing.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Why doesn't the NFL just go the ping pong ball route to avoid this nonsense? The whole Trevor Lawrence watch was embarassing quite frankly. Maybe they will ping pong it up as a response to this.

Take the 20 non-playoff teams, give the worst record 20 ping pongs and the best non-playoff team 1 ping pong. Make a night out of it. It's the NFL for god sakes. Even their NFL lottery drawing will draw crazy ratings. This is a league where some people act like the world has to stop when they release the next year's schedules.

No the NBA showed that is a terrible idea.

Duncan to the Spurs
Rose to the bulls
Brow and Zion to the pelicans

None of these should happen. The bad teams still need those players. Or let teams use cap space so bad teams have a chance of actually signing meaningful fas.

The draft is really just an unconscionable way to save owners money and make money from a tv event

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Beckham was taken 12th. No tanking involved.

The year that caused the Giants to get the 2 pick (Barkley), was because of the incompetence of Bob McAdoo (Geno Smith fiasco), who was promptly fired and replaced by Spagnola who as an interim coach sure as hell wasn't trying to lose...and in fact the Giants won the final game of that season - ironically enough against Washington

The year that caused the Giants to get the 6 pick was under Shurmer and they started 1-7, but finished 4-4 in their last 8.

There are some organizations that play to win - even if they've sucked at it lately - and then there are some organizations that take players out of games in order to avoid winning when it suits them.....even when their own players want to keep playing.
You forgot to include the #11 pick they’ll have this year after a another losing season In which they needed their rivals to win a game for them to go to the playoffs.

Reaction Score
You forgot to include the #11 pick they’ll have this year after a another losing season In which they needed their rivals to win a game for them to go to the playoffs.
I didn't forget it because it has nothing to do with the Giants tanking....because they historically do not, even when they are giving an opportunity to let the floor fall out from under them.

Regardless, it just adds to the rivalry. I'm sure the next few years if Judge and NY has a chance to run up the score on Philly they will. And the postgame handshakes will be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
No the NBA showed that is a terrible idea.

Duncan to the Spurs
Rose to the bulls
Brow and Zion to the pelicans

None of these should happen. The bad teams still need those players. Or let teams use cap space so bad teams have a chance of actually signing meaningful fas.

The draft is really just an unconscionable way to save owners money and make money from a tv event

I think an even more terrible idea is when organizations are lured into taking actions to make winning less likely. The lottery provides more uncertainty to who organizations may get by doing this.

Reaction Score
I don't think you understand 1) what tanking is or 2) how trades work. However, you're really proficient at throwing out accusations without supporting them.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I think an even more terrible idea is when organizations are lured into taking actions to make winning less likely. The lottery provides more uncertainty to who organizations may get by doing this.

Yes. But teams outside say the top 5 shouldn’t be getting the top picks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom