Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
So happy I didn't visit the chat room tonight. It must have been glorious.

I was wondering if this might have been a night to try the two big linee. We were getting owned on the boards. And getting no second shots. But Hurley's adjustment worked much better than my idea.

I also thought that Hurley got a very good technical tonight. Made his point, got his T. It wasn't a T because he lost control. Irt seemed more purposeful.

Reaction Score

I was wondering if this might have been a night to try the two big linee. We were getting owned on the boards. And getting no second shots. But Hurley's adjustment worked much better than my idea.

I also thought that Hurley got a very good technical tonight. Made his point, got his T. It wasn't a T because he lost control. Irt seemed more purposeful.
It was clearly time for Adamovan. Missed opportunity.

Reaction Score
Rinse and repeat for Georgetown--this has happened literally every game this season. Ewing runs the starters all night and is always surprised they run out of gas. Georgetown finished the game 2 for 16 from the floor.
And they were still 45% from the floor. Forced a few 3s late.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable last 10 minutes. Totally exhilarating. Was so totally psyched up for their play, that I could not sit down.

Reaction Score
Joey had a bunch of nice moments - but that one handed flip, so nice. Diarra made a real impact too, great to see that.

Go Huskies!
Diarra was huge, but he doesn’t get my green light everytime down the floor, yet.

Reaction Score
From what I’ve heard when he’s healthy he’s starting. Staff is all-in on him. Hurley has even mentioned being down a starter.

It's always the guy that isn't playing you're enamored with. Just like Floyd last year.

Johnson will be a fine bench piece. Good defender and rebounder if he's figured out BBIQ in the off-season.

Nothing we saw last season indicated he's got the skills to compete at this level. I'm sure he's improved... but tempering expectations would be a good thing here.

Reaction Score
Oof, tough to be a Georgetown fan right now. Wild how far that program has fallen.

BC8D1687-442F-4FEB-A941-BA766E306060.jpeg

Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but I'd kind of like to hear how Walton would have called the Joey C stretch when he was doing everything imaginable.

There are times you are up, there are times you are down. Then there is Joey California time. "There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Oof, tough to be a Georgetown fan right now. Wild how far that program has fallen.

View attachment 82175
They aren’t wrong. If they play like that in the rest of their games they will win quite a few. Maybe not a bubble team, but an NIT team. Now, can they play like that again? DePaul coming up.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
My wife came downstairs and asked why I’m all sweaty. I told her I was watching Cops because somehow that’s more believable than trying to explain whatever the hell it was Joey California just did.
That's for the best.

Reaction Score
After tonight's game they should just call him Joey Hollywood. There was one play where AJ extended for a dunk and he looked like the Plastic Man cartoon. They used to call Stacy Augmen that.

I don't know which Joey play was better, both were playground plays. This team.

Reaction Score
For your viewing pleasure:

NB. The play started with him slapping the ball out of Hoyas guard, Jackson got the steal, Joey already ran down the court near the corner. What a sequence!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lots of people saying we “played horrible”

Other than the start of the 2nd half, we shot quite well. 49% overall, 37% from 3. Really good ball movement the whole game. Some highlight-reel offensive sets.

D was not horrible. Just mainly out-toughed a bit on the boards. Moreso on the offensive glass. There weren’t a huge number of defensive rebounds to get since GTown shot well.

Again, Kudos to them. They played their best game of the year. We should expect that from every team with a mark on our back now

Reaction Score

Glorious is one word for it. We had a couple of "I'm out"s and the sky is falling crowd was out in full force, down 5 to a team that was playing out of their minds. Chat needs to be better.

No joke, Big East is tough, but Georgetown may have played the best 30 minutes they're going to see form here on out. Hurley found the combination to get stops and the run was on, great win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom