Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I know Georgetown's defense is poor but we picked a good night to only have 7 turnovers. Kind of helped make up for the ass-kicking we took on the glass.

Reaction Score
Rinse and repeat for Georgetown--this has happened literally every game this season. Ewing runs the starters all night and is always surprised they run out of gas. Georgetown finished the game 2 for 16 from the floor.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Joey C may get 2 top 10 plays on sportscenter tonight.
He's all the highlights.

1671588712839.png

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Patrick Ewing did some bizarre things in this game. Akok Akok was guarding Joey C for long stretches of that game! And why did he wait so long to call a time-out during our second half run??
Yeah and did he not have anybody in to rebound on a one and one?? I was very confused

Reaction Score
Calcaterra and Diarra changed the game. Really great in-game adjustments from Coach.

We're going to be doing a lot of rebounding drills this week.
Do we remember when this board said Coach didn't know how to make in game adjustments and he needed to go?

My, how times have changed.

caw

Reaction Score
Do we remember when this board said Coach didn't know how to make in game adjustments and he needed to go?

My, how times have changed.

Sometimes it's the personnel, sometimes it's the coach, sometimes it's both.

On that note, I have to believe Gtown could actually be a decent team this year with a decent coach. They have athletes, can rebound and have some very good shot-makers. They are the inverse of Butler. They play sloppy, have poor shot selection, don't pass and have zero discipline on defense. A good coach could make them respectable. Ewing is not that coach.

As much as I liked the players on UConn the past few years as UConn players, it is pretty clear they did not fit what Hurley wants to do. His lack of adjustments was lack of suitable personnel, which was partially on him at the time, but I do think he pulled out almost as much as he could from those players. And I still maintain, if Hawkins was healthy UConn goes further in the NCAAT last year.

Reaction Score
Great win. Depth was the key.

The legend of Joey C. grows, the kid was just fantastic. It still surprises me how long Hurley will leave Karaban out there when he's playing poorly. This was the first time this season that I thought we needed Johnson. Major props to Georgetown, they made some tough, tough shots. What a night of two streaks for Hawkins, had that hot streak early, missed everything in the middle, and then ended with some key hoops. It's crazy when you can have two players with the talent level of Hawkins and Sanogo leave the game at the same time, and not worry about a dropoff. That just does not happen.

I think this was the first game where you can say that both of our bigs had good but not great games.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Rinse and repeat for Georgetown--this has happened literally every game this season. Ewing runs the starters all night and is always surprised they run out of gas. Georgetown finished the game 2 for 16 from the floor.
Your team is talented and capable. Maybe the bench players need to earn a bit more of Ewing's confidence.

By the end of the season, the Hoyas will ruin a few teams' records.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Clingan needs a mouth gaurd
I concur.

I hate that a big thing with him is how he’s going to be officiated. He’s only a cheat code if they let him.

Reaction Score
it's funny because the behind-the-back dish to clingan WOULD HAVE been the play-of-the-game if joey hadn't busted out the one-hander.

insane game from him. this team is so deep.
Truly. How to you scout this team. G'town did a pretty good job on Sanogo - but dayum - we're so deep how do you scout JoeyC , Clingan et al?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Hasn’t played meaningful minutes in 2 years and coming off an injury. Not sure how much PT he’ll see this year
Any is better than none.

Reaction Score
Honestly this game was giving me those Twilight-Zone vibes like the NMSU game last year where we'd try to close the gap and they just kept hitting low-percentage shots.

Big time toughness and credit to Hurley for pushing the right buttons and finding the right combinations, and Joey C and Diarra for making huge plays at both ends. Further credit to the crowd. Really feels like UConn basketball is back.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They had 6 assists on 27 field goals. We had 24 assists on 30 field goals.

They really did make A LOT of tough iso, mid-range shots.
And got away with a lot on the boards. We weren’t ready for that. Going to have to be a little tougher. But we took their A+ shot and responded.

Reaction Score
Raftery: "Oh my goodness!!!!"

...well before Calcaterra's long 3.

Amazing that old coot knows exactly what's coming right before it happens.
That old coot has a heck of a ball player in his day

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom