Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
X-Factor for the win-- The Bench.. Joey Onions was in a zone and Diarra had an awesome floor game with energy.. I am ecstatic that they were down coming into the second half..They needed to be tested and they were for the first 30 minutes.. Playing with pride and energy.. Got win number 13.. Will pay dividends during the BE season and beyond.
That is the attitude and the bench Huskies need to be on the final four and go for trophy.

Reaction Score
Just win baby!!! They all won't be easy. Bulls eye on our back every game. Every other team's Super Bowl. Give Georgetown credit. And our boys even more. They took the punches, stayed composed, guys stepped up, and won the game, again by double digits. Every game is a learning experience. 13-0 into the holiday break. Nothing to complain about. Happy Holidays to all the Yarders out there. Go UConn!!!!

Edit: Full disclosure, I fully expect that we lose a game sooner or later, but NOT THAT GAME, a quad 4 loss at home. That was scary at the 12 minute mark down seven saying "Is this really $#@%&@# happening?"

Reaction Score
We can just grind teams down with our depth, even when having our C- game. When you’re truly 9 deep, someone is gonna step up.
Can we work on Sanogo getting position down low instead of pick and popping every play on offense? That was gross to watch.
Joey C is so multifaceted. Played decent D. Can take a guy off the dribble and can shoot from anywhere. I love this kid.
Survived a trap game and 8 days to Nova; you better believe these kids are gonna be running box out drills and entry passes for hours on end.

Reaction Score
We will hear about it nationally, that we “barely” beat the worst team in the big East. What they will miss is our seventh, eighth guy, embarrassed top notch talent. Joey C to the rescue

Reaction Score
That behind-the-back bounce pass to Clingan...oooooooo
That was a get off you couch and jump up and down and holler sequence.

Not an easy pass to a big man but Joey got it to him waist high for the easy slam.

Reaction Score
Great adjustment bringing in Clingan, and especially Diarra and Joey C. I was calling for it all game. Akok is not someone you need a big body on, as we all know he is pretty much only a spot up 3pt shooter. Diarra brought great intensity and pressure and Joey just did it all.

Samson is more needed than ever. I’m a fan
of Karaban, but he struggles MIGHTILY with athletic and/or strong bigs, and he is incredibly streaky offensively. Hurley noticed this about 5 minutes later than he should’ve, but it’s all good, a win is a win.

Reaction Score
Edit: Full disclosure, I fully expect that we lose a game sooner or later, but NOT THAT GAME, a quad 4 loss at home. That was scary at the 12 minute mark down seven saying "Is this really $#@%&@# happening?"
This is so important. Of course we’re not going to go undefeated the whole season. But when we lose, it had better be to a strong NET opponent, preferably on the road. To lose to a Q4 opponent at home would have brutal for our metrics.

Reaction Score
give georgetown credit -- i actually thought we defended relatively well and they just hit tough shots all night. akok and spears clearly came to play.
Thought Akok was moving really well..Looked fluid and strong..

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
2 Observations:

1. During our 2nd quarter drought, I was praying for a mid-range game. Lots of room there to exploit. Thanks, Joey C.

2. Coach told them they needed stops and BOOM! He should tell them that earlier in the game, IMHO.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
We will hear about it nationally, that we “barely” beat the worst team in the big East. What they will miss is our seventh, eighth guy, embarrassed top notch talent. Joey C to the rescue
We were tested, but we did not "barely" beat Gtown. We won by 11.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Never will I ever see another 12-0 bench run in 1:20.

This game came down to depth and conditioning. Georgetown was just out of gas. Good to see we can win playing a different style and shooting like crap.

Another double digit win!

Reaction Score
Patrick Ewing did some bizarre things in this game. Akok Akok was guarding Joey C for long stretches of that game! And why did he wait so long to call a time-out during our second half run??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom