Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Give credit to Georgetown for outrebounding us. But terrible officiating. Ted Valentine is such a joke of a ref, T'ing up people after blowing the call.
That old guy was Ted? They all sucked.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
2 Observations:

1. During our 2nd quarter drought, I was praying for a mid-range game. Lots of room there to exploit. Thanks, Joey C.

2. Coach told them they needed stops and BOOM! He should tell them that earlier in the game, IMHO.
One more thing:.

How would Akok fit in with our rotations right about now?

Reaction Score
They had 6 assists on 27 field goals. We had 24 assists on 30 field goals.

They really did make A LOT of tough iso, mid-range shots.
yeah, they were shooting out-of-their-minds for stretches of this game. i don't think our defense was really the issue.

they also pushed the ball every single chance they had and got some good looks in transition. feel like they might have tired their own guys out though, because we went on runs to close both halves.

Reaction Score
Georgetown played the best basketball of their lives for 35 minutes, and we played the first 10 minutes of the second half very poorly.

We won by double digits.

Credit to Georgetown’s guard/wing play. They made a lot of very difficult, well contested, isolation shots. They almost won the game because of outstanding individual play.

But Joey California is hereby renamed Joey Connecticut. HUGE game!

#2 and #3 most important for the win were the energy guys Andre and Diarra. Terrorized Georgetown on defense while Joey started heating up.

Hawkins missed most of his shots but had 6 points in the final 90 seconds to help put it away. Newton had 17 points on 6 shots. Sanogo had a really rough game and still scored 14 points on 60% shooting.

That was a fun game.

Reaction Score
Glad Danny made the adjustment in the second half to the Joey, Diarra, Andre, naheim, and Donovan lineup. We cannot just be a spot up shooting team. Hawkins cannot just be a jump shooter. He needs to improve his handle and D. Sanogo really struggled against bigger post players. Good win.

Reaction Score
That was wild. The whole game was high energy.

Would have liked to see Fox focus on Akok coming through the line
I was really hoping to see that as well, and of course they changed the camera angles. I am wondering, if anyone was at the game, did Akok get a good reaction from the Uconn fans when they introduced him for the starting lineup?

Reaction Score
Calcaterra and Diarra changed the game. Really great in-game adjustments from Coach.

We're going to be doing a lot of rebounding drills this week.
Yep, as I said in the chat, Diarra was almost as important to that run. He was ballhawking and playing with controlled chaos. Nice drive and a 3 in that run too.

caw

Reaction Score
Gtown 6 assists on 27 made FG's. Lots of jumpers for Gtown. It's the way they play, and they actually do hit a decent amount consistently, but they don't take or make three's. Offense is not Gtown's problem, in terms of making tough twos.

Shot selection, ball-movement, defense. They are just bad at all three.

Reaction Score
Ted Valentine did not ref this game.
Lol. I thought he was the guy yelling at Diarra but he actually looks a bit younger. My apologies (still was terrible officiating there and all game)

Reaction Score
Joey C became a UConn Legend tonight. He broke the game open.

Credit Georgetown, they played extremely well, but hero ball is hard to sustain for 40 minutes.

Loved seeing Diarra barking at his teammates. This group of 4 transfers is so good collectively. Major props to Coach Hurley for fully utilizing the portal and getting 4 valuable pieces.

Reaction Score
Lol. I thought he was the guy yelling at Diarra but he actually looks a bit younger. My apologies (still was terrible officiating there and all game)
I could’ve sworn that was TV Ted who T’d up DH

Reaction Score
Raftery: "Oh my goodness!!!!"

...well before Calcaterra's long 3.

Amazing that old coot knows exactly what's coming right before it happens.
I think he said it that early because it was in reference to being the heat check of all heat checks. But it went in. Wish I had been in the house tonight.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Calcaterra and Diarra changed the game. Really great in-game adjustments from Coach.

We're going to be doing a lot of rebounding drills this week.
Yeah another reminder of how big a piece Samson can be for this team. Karaban in one of his podcast interviews said one of the toughest things about practice is how relentless a rebounder Johnson is. Also, being a pterodactyl helps on the boards too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom