Gamecocks 2022, part III | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow!! Maybe its been posted already but I cant believe the cakewalk UConn has to the Championship Game for the Battle 4 Atlantis Tourney 11/20 -11/22. They open up against Minnesota>Play the winner of a depleted Syracuse team and USF..then head to the Championship. SCar has to play Buffalo [a really good mid major]+ the Winner of Oklahoma and Oregon [No Cakewalk as Oregon is a top 10 team and OU is a proud tradition. Wow!!! Talking about getting a break...
Uummm, did you see today’s game, or the final score? So much for your thoughts on “cakewalk”.

Reaction Score
Really at the beginning of the year none of these teams are easy. No team had a cakewalk.

Reaction Score
Solid 80-63 win over a depleted Oregon team. Led 78-49 at one point with about 4 minutes left to play in the game, then Staley emptied her bench, while I guess Oregon's bench was depleted, so they kept 3 of their starters in the game, and they out-scored our bench 14-2 to close the game out. Lots of fouls and turnovers from those bench players at the end kind of uglied up the game. Need to clean that up.

Even without 6-5 Sabally, the Ducks still had 6-8 Kyei, 6-7 Prince, 6-4 Watson, 6-2 Parrish and 6-2 Dufficy who all played. We still out-rebounded them 41-30, and defensive-rebounded them 28 to their 10 offensive rebounds.

Bring on the Huskies.......

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Jeremy Chinn is a DB for the Carolina Panthers, and this season he wearing the jersey of a Carolina's Sport Legend to each home game. Eventually he will get the legend to autograph it, and auction it off for the players charity of their choosing. Up this week... A'ja Wilson of SC

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Glad to see that Wilson is a fellow Panther fan. I respect her more now. :)

Reaction Score
South Carolina Gamecocks vs. UConn Huskies
Round 1: FIGHT!
29092.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think that I have underestimated Little Carolina. :oops: December 15th might not be fun.

Reaction Score
I think maybe rotate Amihere and Cardoso's minutes based on which one looks effective. I'm not sure which I prefer as they each have had head scratchers. Cardoso was effective today.

Amihere still gets tunnel vision.

Reaction Score
I think maybe rotate Amihere and Cardoso's minutes based on which one looks effective. I'm not sure which I prefer as they each have had head scratchers. Cardoso was effective today.

Amihere still gets tunnel vision.
I see why Saxton spot will not be taken now. Not because Amihere is bad or anything. Saxton just more disciplined and mistake free

Reaction Score
11 turnovers in the first half, only 3 in the second. The first 13 min of the 2nd half they committed none.

I was worried about fatigue being a factor given UConn had almost 10 hrs more recuperation time than USC over the first two days. I love how Dawn worked the substitutigons over the weekend, and fatigue wasn’t a factor. Also, big ups to Molly Binetti on this.

Destiny Littleton with very nice contributon with the 3’s while not being a liability on D.

Important, solid play by Saxton, Cardoso, and Beal.

Zia is a beast.She was very good before, she’s reaching greatness this season.

Great to see Aliyah in full Aliyah mode.

Destanni is this team’s MVP.

Reaction Score
I see why Saxton spot will not be taken now. Not because Amihere is bad or anything. Saxton just more disciplined and mistake free
It's often underrated and boring to most fans, but there's nothing quite like a steady and reliable player. That's her value to this team and she plays it well.

Reaction Score

Yes.

It's just game to game.

Amihere was effective yesterday but today the defense accounted for her.

Honestly, South Carolina played better the first two days as far as ball movement, but that was a demolition on the boards and I guess defensively.
11 turnovers in the first half, only 3 in the second. The first 13 min of the 2nd half they committed none.

I was worried about fatigue being a factor given UConn had almost 10 hrs more recuperation time than USC over the first two days. I love how Dawn worked the substitutigons over the weekend, and fatigue wasn’t a factor. Also, big ups to Molly Binetti on this.

Destiny Littleton with very nice contributon with the 3’s while not being a liability on D.

Important, solid play by Saxton, Cardoso, and Beal.

Zia is a beast.She was very good before, she’s reaching greatness this season.

Great to see Aliyah in full Aliyah mode.

Destanni is this team’s MVP.

Littleton making those two buckets was very important.

I thought the offense backslid as far as decisions a little bit, certainly in the 1Q but big time recovery.

Cooke has shot SC back into a couple of big games now to go with the Stanford game.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Question for our SC friends here at the Boneyard: Is this the most complete team Dawn has ever had? It seems that way so far. Lots of versatility and depth. Big convincing win today.

Reaction Score
Question for our SC friends here at the Boneyard: Is this the most complete team Dawn has ever had? It seems that way so far. Lots of versatility and depth. Big convincing win today.
It could eventually be, but my vote goes to 2019-2020. Can’t beat having a PG rotation of Ty Harris and Henderson and a true stretch 4 in Kiki Herbert-Harrigan. Raven’s injury majorly limits the PG depth and we have yet to replace KHH’s deadly out to the arc jump shot.

Reaction Score
It could eventually be, but my vote goes to 2019-2020. Can’t beat having a PG rotation of Ty Harris and Henderson and a true stretch 4 in Kiki Herbert-Harrigan. Raven’s injury majorly limits the PG depth and we have yet to replace KHH’s deadly out to the arc jump shot.
Agreed. Ty and Kiki made all those freshmen special.

This team's deeper though. 2019/20 couldn't rest Boston very much.

Reaction Score
I think so but 19/20 could arguably be a close second. The main difference is the offense. We have more options of those who can score at different positions. We guards that can shoot at all levels and we have posts that shoot from under basket to the free throw line. I think our defense have been top tier in years past but our offense has left a lot to be desired and this looked to be best one that's not reliant on only 1 or 2 players every night.

Reaction Score

I think maybe the 2020 team that didn't get a chance to play it out was the best balanced offensive team.

This one could be better by March? Not sure.

Reaction Score
KK Arnold to UConn. After today, guess she felt they could really use her. :p

June birdie’s still a mystery. Maybe it’s Fulwiley. We’ll find out eventually. I’m done speculating here on out. Head bang

Reaction Score
This is stating the extremely obvious, but wow is Aliyah Boston good. She has taken huge strides every year and she looks even better this season. So dominant.

Its nice to know that the WNBA is in good hands with all the talent right now in the college game. Not sure if she is eligible for the 2022 draft or if she is too young and will wait until 2023, but either way she’s gonna be such a fun player to follow at the next level.

Reaction Score
This is stating the extremely obvious, but wow is Aliyah Boston good. She has taken huge strides every year and she looks even better this season. So dominant.

Its nice to know that the WNBA is in good hands with all the talent right now in the college game. Not sure if she is eligible for the 2022 draft or if she is too young and will wait until 2023, but either way she’s gonna be such a fun player to follow at the next level.
Not eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99