Gamecocks 2022, part III | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She was not the birdie from June. Dawn tweeted the birdie tweet for Ashlyn after Ashlyn announced. That June birdie is still unknown.

Well dagnabbit. Why must she torture us so? Why can't she go ahead and let the June tweet be for Watkins, and then let the one she just did, be for someone else? Then we won't keep suffering over one single tweet...... Head bang

Reaction Score
Few random thoughts:

Clemson was 0/16 from the field in 2nd Quarter. I wasn't sure if they ever make another bucket at one point. That's one of the worst outside shooting teams you'll see, so at least it seemed.

Destiny Littleton is shooting 29% from the field, 15% from three. That's problematic from your offense only reserve.

Saxton's expended offense hasn't shown itself and Amihere is playing pretty well. I'm not sure Saxton will forfeit her starting spot, but minutes?

Beal looks more comfortable offensively. It hasn't been dramatic, but it's there. Hopefully that will stick and co tinge to expand.

Henderson is really playing well.

Boston's minutes and scoring are eyebrow raising 19mpg, but she really is playing well too. Another one whose decisions are hard to fault most of the time. Converting those layups is still an issue but decision making is great.

Reaction Score
Wow!! Maybe its been posted already but I cant believe the cakewalk UConn has to the Championship Game for the Battle 4 Atlantis Tourney 11/20 -11/22. They open up against Minnesota>Play the winner of a depleted Syracuse team and USF..then head to the Championship. SCar has to play Buffalo [a really good mid major]+ the Winner of Oklahoma and Oregon [No Cakewalk as Oregon is a top 10 team and OU is a proud tradition. Wow!!! Talking about getting a break...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s ok. If Dawn wanted a cakewalk of a season she would have scheduled a bunch of cupcakes. UConn already plays so many teams they just have to show up for - I don’t think the tournament schedule does them any favors. Regardless of how it goes we will get some good games in that’s only going to make us better.

Reaction Score
Wow!! Maybe its been posted already but I cant believe the cakewalk UConn has to the Championship Game for the Battle 4 Atlantis Tourney 11/20 -11/22. They open up against Minnesota>Play the winner of a depleted Syracuse team and USF..then head to the Championship. SCar has to play Buffalo [a really good mid major]+ the Winner of Oklahoma and Oregon [No Cakewalk as Oregon is a top 10 team and OU is a proud tradition. Wow!!! Talking about getting a break...
Syracuse was probably supposed to be the 2nd team in that bracket. Not quite Oregon but formidable.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Syracuse was probably supposed to be the 2nd team in that bracket. Not quite Oregon but formidable.
That said, Oregon is currently down two starting guards, both of them all-Pac12 last year. Not equal to the UCONN "cakewalk," but it's certainly not bad luck for SCar.

Reaction Score
Caslen told the WBB program, "as soon as you get those rings for the California Women's Basketball team, I'd sure love to have you send my set to me!"

The WBB program responded, "sure thing"...........
State of California.. I mean South Carolina.. Is sorta good at this whole WBB stuff.

GamecockWBB is #1 in Div 1

LanderWBB is #1 in Div 2

That is pretty frickin' cool.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
South Carolina WSOC On To The Sweet 16!

Good luck... I was gonna say something else, but didn't want to come across as displaying trolling behavior in this thread.

Reaction Score
Penn State defeats #11 ranked, #3 seed, and host Southern Cal on PK’s.
USC vs PSU on Sunday @ 3:00.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It’s okay, we are well aware of you being a Gamecock troll. Lol

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Yes she did. Dawn was right. She is a gifted offensive player.

Reaction Score
always liked Saniya the best of the 3 freshman. It is amazing to see how time and time again SC just imposes their will starting in the 3rd and crushing the opponents will in the 4th.

Reaction Score
Rivers really elevates the team on offense. We just seemed to have better offensive flow and she seems great at creating space to get her shot off. I think we have the potential to have a elite offense on top of a top-notch defense if she keeps on developing. I could see CDS experimenting with a Henderson-Cooke-Rivers-Amihere-Boston lineup as an offense-focused package. I think it's almost a guarantee that one of those five will be hot with the ball in her hands at any given moment.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Saniya is going to be very special for us. Oozes potential and swagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom