Gamecocks 2022, part III | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
When is the showdown vs Clemson, asking for a pal of mine.

Reaction Score
She could if she doesn’t like her draft projections but I would be surprised if she weren’t a 1st rounder by the end of the season. Also, she’s been very brand focused even before NIL and has already started up a clothing line so she’ll likely want to get focused on more on that and move on from SC if she doesn’t need to.
I would be genuinely shocked if she doesn't make a WNBA roster. She's got the speed, shoots over 40% from 3 and rebounds pretty for a guard her size. The only real category that I can see worth criticizing is her turnover rate. If she can cutback on that a little bit more, then I don't see how she's not a 1st round pick.

Reaction Score
I would be genuinely shocked if she doesn't make a WNBA roster. She's got the speed, shoots over 40% from 3 and rebounds pretty for a guard her size. The only real category that I can see worth criticizing is her turnover rate. If she can cutback on that a little bit more, then I don't see how she's not a 1st round pick.
Agree on everything here, but the W seems to place a higher premium on height in the drafts, dropping guards and wings down in the first round or into the second which Henny could get caught up in. But that’s nothing that she can control.

Reaction Score
Hoping our two Native Daughters see plenty of minutes tonight - and that another Native Daughter joins up this Clempsun gameday

Reaction Score
Fingers Crossed-no Birdie Tweet -but it could be to not ruin her announcement ceremony

Reaction Score
I would like to see Eniya Russell get some run at PG to see what she could do..
.. She is not as fast as Destinee but I wouldn't want to take Littleton fron the SG spot.

Reaction Score

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Harriet Watkins

@harrietwatkin13

Below is the live link to watch Ashlyn’s commitment today at 12:00pm.

youtube.com
Cardinal Newman Athletics
Cardinal Newman School Columbia, South Carolina Live Streaming Athletic Events so you can #BackTheBird from anywhere!
9:41 AM · Nov 17, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Gotta' admit that I'm nervous.

I think she was the July birdie but Dawn is not Dabo and does not demand that "commits" stop visiting others. I think Ashlyn is really torn between the two Universities of Carolina. Hopefully, the very public nature of the announcement in Columbia - from one of Dozier's players - indicates that the hometown fans won't be disappointed.

I hope, I hope, I hope.

Reaction Score
Fingers Crossed-no Birdie Tweet -but it could be to not ruin her announcement ceremony

I think we can conclude for sure that Dawn doesn’t post birdie tweets w/o the recruits consent or request. Talaysia appparently wanted Dawn to chirp not long before she announced, Ashlyn’s came after the cap was donned.

Reaction Score

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Harriet Watkins
@harrietwatkin13

youtube.com
Cardinal Newman School Columbia, South Carolina Live Streaming Athletic Events so you can #BackTheBird from anywhere!

I think she was the July birdie but Dawn is not Dabo and does not demand that "commits" stop visiting others. I think Ashlyn is really torn between the two Universities of Carolina. Hopefully, the very public nature of the announcement in Columbia - from one of Dozier's players - indicates that the hometown fans won't be disappointed.

I hope, I hope, I hope.
No IMO ..the birdie tweet was in June. I honestly think she nor Cooper were silent commits. Why? They both had their official visiti after Coach Staley's Birdie Tweet.... Watkins really considered the Tar Heels so it was not a slam dunk. It has to be a 2023 recruit. Now if we can go back and get Tuthill in 2025 and maybe Groot in 2023...from Cardinal Newman....

Reaction Score
No IMO ..the birdie tweet was in June. I honestly think she nor Cooper were silent commits. Why? They both had their official visiti after Coach Staley's Birdie Tweet.... Watkins really considered the Tar Heels so it was not a slam dunk. It has to be a 2023 recruit. Now if we can go back and get Tuthill in 2025 and maybe Groot in 2023...from Cardinal Newman....
I think Groot has moved to Connecticut

Reaction Score

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Harriet Watkins
@harrietwatkin13

youtube.com

I hope, I hope, I hope.
She was not the birdie from June. Dawn tweeted the birdie tweet for Ashlyn after Ashlyn announced. That June birdie is still unknown.

Reaction Score
There is a poster on another board that keeps saying the unknown birdie is Arnold. Not sure why, but it's frequent enough to make one wonder.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
She got "meaningful" though sparse minutes against NC State and was inserting early against South Dakota. It was clear that Dawn was getting her ready to contribute this year and carry a burden next year.

Bree Hall is the frosh with the most minutes and appeared in both games. Dawn has declared her "ready" defensively and she looks pretty good offensively
Sania Feagin is more than ready, offensively, but Dawn says she's not quite ready, defensively. Bree Hall is definitely game ready. We'll know more about Saniya Rivers when she's fully recovered from her concussion.

13,363 at the game tonight; it was a nice crowd for the week before Thanksgiving.

Reaction Score
Sania Feagin is more than ready, offensively, but Dawn says she's not quite ready, defensively. Bree Hall is definitely game ready. We'll know more about Saniya Rivers when she's fully recovered from her concussion.

13,363 at the game tonight; it was a nice crowd for the week before Thanksgiving.

Feagin was shot out of a cannon when she finally got in. I think she should have played earlier with the game out away, personally.

Coach I guess was honoring upper class deep bench but Feagin needs time, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom