Gamecocks 2022, part III | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1) I dunno if any of yall interact with Staley via Social Media, but if yall do.... can you do me a favor and tell her to take it easy on the next two opponents.... Thanks.

2) Im getting old and forgetful.. so I looked at yall's december schedule again.. a three game stretch of Maryland, Duke, and Stanford :eek: Gotta be the toughest 3 game stretch of any team in the country.

3) What's the word on Grissett? How much longer is she supposed to be out? Any chance she will be back by the 15th of December?
Maryland and Stanford will no doubt be tough. Smart of the coach to slide in a little private school to give us a break between the two.

Reaction Score
South Carolina HS coaching and officiating is generally pretty poor (for boys as well), but Staley’s success certainly isn’t hurting the sport at home. It just saddens me that so few schools have competent coaching or developmental programs.

Watkins and Edwards at least are coached by former D1 players ( Gamecocks). Keenan certainly has been a successful program.

Reaction Score
Glad Olivia hit her 3 pointer today. Wesolek the only I injured player who didn’t get minutes.

Feagin got good numbers but they emptied their bench too so they didn’t have didn’t really have a prayer of stopping her.

Reaction Score
Glad Olivia hit her 3 pointer today. Wesolek the only I injured player who didn’t get minutes.

Feagin got good numbers but they emptied their bench too so they didn’t have didn’t really have a prayer of stopping her.

For much of the final quarter, Dawn had Cardoso, Amihere, and Feagin in the game at the same time, with Russell and Rivers a couple of 6-0/6-1 guards who can rebound. I think the Elon bench was way too overwhelmed.

At one point early in the 2nd half, it was tied 4-4 between both teams in bench points. It ended up USC leading 31-9.

High points for the game: The usual suspects of Boston, Cooke, and Henderson got theirs: 12 pts, 11 pts, and 10 pts respectively. But the 4th and 5th starters made thier marks too: Beal scored 9 pts on 3-4 shooting, plus 2-3 from the 3-pt. line, to go with 8 rebounds, 1 block and 1 steal. Saxton added 6 pts, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, and 1 block.

From the reserves, Feagin was super - 9 pts on 4-4 shooting in 7 minutes of play, with 4 boards, 2 assists, and 1 block. Cardoso and Amihere each added 7 pts, and combined for 9 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 steals. Amihere hit her first 3-pointer since her freshman season!

The turnovers for the Gamecocks in the 1st half was poor - both teams had 9 turnovers before the half. But the Gamecocks only had 4 after the half, while Elon had 8 more.

The Gamecocks had a huge advantage at the FT line, going 17-23 while The Phoenix only went 1-1....

Reaction Score
Unfortunate scheduling starfing a half hourt before the kick off of the Palmetto Bowl, particularly since the other 3 QF's were played yesterday. One of the QF's, the other half of USC's bracket, saw one #1 seed Duke get upset by unseeded Santa Clara. The other side has two #1's, FSU and Rutgers, moving on to the national sermi-finals.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And on the football field.... another bad night for the Chickens.

hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
Unfortunate scheduling starfing a half hourt before the kick off of the Palmetto Bowl, particularly since the other 3 QF's were played yesterday. One of the QF's, the other half of USC's bracket, saw one #1 seed Duke get upset by unseeded Santa Clara. The other side has two #1's, FSU and Rutgers, moving on to the national sermi-finals.

Neither the "Cockpit" nor the "Palmetto Bowl" are actual things in my mind, but I guess it's going to be a thing going forward.

Just like The U of SC.

Reaction Score
Neither the "Cockpit" nor the "Palmetto Bowl" are actual things in my mind, but I guess it's going to be a thing going forward.

Just like The U of SC.
USC or Carolina when I’m in SC or on a Gamecock board. Maybe on SEC boards.

SCar or Gamecocks on national boards. Just don’t wanna waste time on USC or Carolina.

Reaction Score
USC or Carolina when I’m in SC or on a Gamecock board. Maybe on SEC boards.

SCar or Gamecocks on national boards. Just don’t wanna waste time on USC or Carolina.
I use USC in this thread, South Carolina or SC on the rest of this MB. I stay way from SCar. Just never cared for it‘s use in reference to South Carolina.

As for last night, I had zero expectation that they would upset Clemson. I had the game on TV but actually watched little of it as I had my head buried in to my laptop. We’re still 2 to 3 years away from maybe being able to take down the upstaters. Believe the team has exceeded expectations getting to 6 wins - hopefully the bowl match up brings a seventh.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I use USC in this thread, South Carolina or SC on the rest of this MB. I stay way from SCar. Just never cared for it‘s use in reference to South Carolina.

As for last night, I had zero expectation that they would upset Clemson. I had the game on TV but actually watched little of it as I had my head buried in to my laptop. We’re still 2 to 3 years away from maybe being able to take down the upstaters. Believe the team has exceeded expectations getting to 6 wins - hopefully the bowl match up brings a seventh.
We had a Homecoming back in the eighties. Cocky’s family was there including wife, children, mom, dad and brother Scar- the blacksheep of the family.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You will pay for that MayoBreath.

SOON!

Yeah yeah yeah.... anyway... ... crazy things might happen on the 15th...... like a snow storm :confused:

1) SCar seems silly to me

2) Hope springs eternal.... concerning the upstaters and football.

Reaction Score

Wesolek got to play.

Reaction Score
I don't think SCar has great depth at guard but the other three positions yes.

Developing guard depth will be important.
Dont forget LeLe is coming back at guard...experienced G Big Guard

Reaction Score
Watkins and Edwards at least are coached by former D1 players ( Gamecocks). Keenan certainly has been a successful program.
So -you had Jah Durant and Zion Williamson recently go 1 and three in the 2018 (?) 2019 (?) NBA draft and South Carolina coaching is bad

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So -you had Jah Durant and Zion Williamson recently go 1 and three in the 2018 (?) 2019 (?) NBA draft and South Carolina coaching is bad

(Zion) 1 and (Morant) 2 in the 2019 Draft.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well the chickens have faced off against teams from Raleigh, Burlington, Greensboro, and soon Durham. Minus well continue up and down the Interstate 40 corridor in the state ... unless yall are scared of Wake Forest, UNC-Asheville, and UNC-Wilmington. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Feagin, Hall and Rivers are going to be such good players. I hope they all find more playing time as season winds on.

Feagin being a garbage time reserve is really an egregious display of depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom