Gamecocks 2022, part III | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Feagin, Hall and Rivers are going to be such good players. I hope they all find more playing time as season winds on.

Feagin being a garbage time reserve is really an egregious display of depth.
Hall has really impressed me, she needs a little fine tuning, but once she cleans those issues up she will be a player to lookout for. I agree though that you can see the potential for these freshman ladies.

Reaction Score
Feagin, Hall and Rivers are going to be such good players. I hope they all find more playing time as season winds on.

I look at it as a matter of her not needing as much work as some of her other young teammates, she is more ready than many of them. Amihere and Cordoso are struggling the last couple of games. We need them to play though it.

Reaction Score
Dont forget LeLe is coming back at guard...experienced G Big Guard
The other team is never ready for LeLe when she gets in the game. That would be such a boost. She's our version of Aubrey Griffin for the Uconn fans. So strong and athletic, hustles to the ball like her life depends on it.

Reaction Score
The other team is never ready for LeLe when she gets in the game. That would be such a boost. She's our version of Aubrey Griffin for the Uconn fans. So strong and athletic, hustles to the ball like her life depends on it.
Not sure if she's coming back or not but she's one of my favorite players.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I didn’t watch the game (late day at work) but what’s going on with Henderson?

Reaction Score
She (Grissett) has a lisfranc injury in her foot which can get aggrevated very easily so I wouldn't expect to see her until the end of the season when it really matters.

Reaction Score
Well the chickens have faced off against teams from Raleigh, Burlington, Greensboro, and soon Durham. Minus well continue up and down the Interstate 40 corridor in the state ... unless yall are scared of Wake Forest, UNC-Asheville, and UNC-Wilmington. :rolleyes:
Gave Chapel Hill a little kicking on the final day of early signing too. :cool:
21 minutes. 29/14/3 blks. 13/13 FG. 2 for 2 at the line. Hit a three.
Two steals on that stat line as well.
I didn’t watch the game (late day at work) but what’s going on with Henderson?
Brad Muller saying she an ice wrap on the back of her leg while sitting on the bench. Jolette said she had a mild pull during the postgame interview. Believe her not returning was more precautionary.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

There was a time we had basically 5 of the last 6 off the bench and 4 were HS McDonalds All-Americans.

Reaction Score
they said if there was a Uconn bench would be ranked top 10 that was laughable, now a top 10 backup South Carolina. I won't say yes, but I won't say no either ;)

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
There is South Carolina and then everyone else......for now. The season brings many unexpected surprises but UCONN and South Carolina are the only two teams that can afford injuries and still be a force. Hope it doesn't happen anymore than it has (Raven)......I would argue that UCONN has a top 25 bench team and South Carolina has a Top 15 bench team...

Reaction Score
I didn't notice her get hurt; Dawn's press conference was the first I heard of it.
I didn't either. Seemed natural for her not to be playing.

Rivers got some point time tonight. That was interesting.

Reaction Score
Our bench is a little too hyper and unproductive to be top 10 but those young ones will be very good when they find their pace.

Reaction Score
There is South Carolina and then everyone else......for now. The season brings many unexpected surprises but UCONN and South Carolina are the only two teams that can afford injuries and still be a force. Hope it doesn't happen anymore than it has (Raven)......I would argue that UCONN has a top 25 bench team and South Carolina has a Top 15 bench team...
Stanford is playing their entire bench - even during losses and close wins. They are building better experienced depth than either of us.

And our benches, playing without starters, probably couldn't beat a top 25 at this time. Now, if they played together for about ten games that would change

Reaction Score
Our bench is a little too hyper and unproductive to be top 10 but those young ones will be very good when they find their pace.
I would add Gressette (sp?) back to the bench and that gives us a solid 5 to include [Cardoso, Amihere, Littleton, Hall] If Coach can get Rivers & Russell going..that a Formidable 7 players . This group can be productive but they need to maintain focus.

Reaction Score
Not sure I would say our bench is too "unproductive". This was posted on the official athletic website in the preview for last night's game:

With the same starting five from last season's NCAA Final Four team, South Carolina's bench was a hot topic coming into the season. So far, the group has delivered, averaging 25.7 points, which accounts for 33.7 percent of the total offense, and 18.1 rebounds, which is 41.8 percent of the team total.

The bench scored 33 pts last night. Of course, playing a weaker opponent gives more opportunities for reserves to make their marks in games. Our starting five has scored 400 points even, through 8 games. Our bench has averaged 26.6 ppg. We have the team's 4th (Amihere) and 5th (Cardoso) leading scorers coming off the bench, as well as the 7th (Feagin) who averages barely more than 5 minutes per game.

We do have some freshman on that bench, and the biggest flaw typically to a freshman's game - in any sport - is inconsistency. Elisa Wesolek is one of the last to leave it, but I liked her efforts last night. She showed her maturity in knowing the offense, and how she slipped away from the fray while NC AT was swarming to the ball-handler, and moved to the basket all alone for the easy uncontested layup. Also her slash in for the offensive rebound and put-back. 6 quick points in 10 minutes of action.

Stanford's bench has averaged 32.4 ppg through 7 games, or 45.5% of their total offensive output thus far, and 15.4 rpg, or 15.4% of their total rebounds. They've had a bit more attrition to their starting unit - only Hull has started all 7 gms thus far, while USC's starting 5 have yet to miss any starts. Connecticut's bench is averaging just 12.8 ppg through 4 gms, or 17% of the total offensive output. They are also accounting for 11.8 rebounds per game, or 36.7% of the total rebounding....

Reaction Score
Not sure I would say our bench is too "unproductive". This was posted on the official athletic website in the preview for last night's game:

The bench scored 33 pts last night. Of course, playing a weaker opponent gives more opportunities for reserves to make their marks in games. Our starting five has scored 400 points even, through 8 games. Our bench has averaged 26.6 ppg. We have the team's 4th (Amihere) and 5th (Cardoso) leading scorers coming off the bench, as well as the 7th (Feagin) who averages barely more than 5 minutes per game.

We do have some freshman on that bench, and the biggest flaw typically to a freshman's game - in any sport - is inconsistency. Elisa Wesolek is one of the last to leave it, but I liked her efforts last night. She showed her maturity in knowing the offense, and how she slipped away from the fray while NC AT was swarming to the ball-handler, and moved to the basket all alone for the easy uncontested layup. Also her slash in for the offensive rebound and put-back. 6 quick points in 10 minutes of action.

Stanford's bench has averaged 32.4 ppg through 7 games, or 45.5% of their total offensive output thus far, and 15.4 rpg, or 15.4% of their total rebounds. They've had a bit more attrition to their starting unit - only Hull has started all 7 gms thus far, while USC's starting 5 have yet to miss any starts. Connecticut's bench is averaging just 12.8 ppg through 4 gms, or 17% of the total offensive output. They are also accounting for 11.8 rebounds per game, or 36.7% of the total rebounding....
Is Hull a twin ? In that case is true-wich Hull is the most offensively dangerous ?

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Stanford is playing their entire bench - even during losses and close wins. They are building better experienced depth than either of us.

And our benches, playing without starters, probably couldn't beat a top 25 at this time. Now, if they played together for about ten games that would change
More experience does not translate into more talent...just more experience. Talent with experience would be much better than experience with lesser talent. I would venture that there are many teams with way more experience than all three (UCONN, Standford and South Carolina) that couldn't stay on the court with them.....but.....UCONN and South Carolina are bringing their players along slowly because they have that luxury. Stanford has had to put their players on the court for other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom