Gamecocks 2022, part III | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching LSU vs sc announcer mentioning dawn staley being in referee ear all third quarter. When is someone goin* to do something about this? They also mentioned Boston throwing her elbows? Hello

It was a SECN+ broadcast, which means they used in-house game announcers for the stream, since SECN+ streamed broadcasts are done in-house by the hosting program. Lyn Rollins and Victor Howell are longtime LSU sports announcers......

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Watching LSU vs sc announcer mentioning dawn staley being in referee ear all third quarter. When is someone goin* to do something about this? They also mentioned Boston throwing her elbows? Hello
If those were LSU announcers, you could have fooled me...lol...I thought they gave South Carolina the most air time with compliments and praise. I would have thought they were South Carolina announcers if you just went on that. Seriously !

Reaction Score
The way that Boston is apparently fouled on every other possession, and seems to almost never foul herself, is kind of wild. There's no doubt she's extremely talented, but man, it's gotta be confidence building having that kind of aura around you.

If you let the All American consistently be roughed up by opponents, it seems pretty unfair to call Tick-tack fouls against her. JMO.

Reaction Score
Exactly and Mulkey is probably more well known for it. She spent the better part of timeout yelling at the refs. Not sure why this was worth noting when most coaches have pleaded their cases in most games, especially in tight ones.

I'm not sure Mulkey or her team believed LSU committed a single foul. Or thought a single miss was cleanly defended.

I'm happy with the win under those circumstances.

I'm back to thinking Feagin might be the best of the freshmen.

Reaction Score
If those were LSU announcers, you could have fooled me...lol...I thought they gave South Carolina the most air time with compliments and praise. I would have thought they were South Carolina announcers if you just went on that. Seriously !

They were really good I thought, though I knew and would have been able tell if I didn't that they were LSU folks.

Reaction Score
Feagin has really progressed this year for sure. The bad thing about having such a challenging schedule is that some of your younger players don’t get much playing time. Dawn has put the freshmen in Some tight situations throughout the season though and they are progressing.

Reaction Score
Trying to understand Coach's utilization plan for Destinee Littleton? I was shocked last night that she was not subbed in...

Reaction Score
Trying to understand Coach's utilization plan for Destinee Littleton? I was shocked last night that she was not subbed in...
Me too! I think she should get minutes regardless, not when we need three point shooting. She’s also good defensively so it’s puzzling.

Reaction Score
lol those announcers were not homers. They didn't even know how to pronounce Zia.

I was really impressed with Saxton on offense in this game. I think this was the first game that she was consistently looking for her shot and trying to be a playmaker.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Mulkey or her team believed LSU committed a single foul. Or thought a single miss was cleanly defended.

I'm happy with the win under those circumstances.

I'm back to thinking Feagin might be the best of the freshmen.
As far as highest ceiling, I swing back and forth between Feagin and Rivers. If Rivers can find her shot, which she will, she will be electric. Feagin just has potential pro written on her.

Reaction Score
As far as highest ceiling, I swing back and forth between Feagin and Rivers. If Rivers can find her shot, which she will, she will be electric. Feagin just has potential pro written on her.
Agree with both of those. I think Breezy Hall is going to be like Brea Beal. She’ll do all the little things and be a mainstay in the line-up. Camilla, Feagin and Ashlyn Watkins will be good inside and we have some great guards. It’s a Solid start to move the program forward in 2 years.

Reaction Score
Me too! I think she should get minutes regardless, not when we need three point shooting. She’s also good defensively so it’s puzzling.
Don't think she could have stayed in front of LSU's guards, not that anyone did.

Reaction Score
A Stanford fan harping on Boston's play style is grand.. especially considering how Brink and the Hulls play. I don't get it.

I'd like to think it's homers taking for granted that their team's physicality is perfectly ok, while expecting every call on the other end.

Reaction Score
Agree with both of those. I think Breezy Hall is going to be like Brea Beal. She’ll do all the little things and be a mainstay in the line-up. Camilla, Feagin and Ashlyn Watkins will be good inside and we have some great guards. It’s a Solid start to move the program forward in 2 years.
Would love to see us pick up a super Big in the 22/24 classes. By “super” I mean a Wilson /Boston type. Not sure if there are any that we are in on in those two classes. Feagan and Ashlyn are high quality but not “super” - in my eyes.

Reaction Score
Amihere and Cardosa out again tonight. I expect a lot of rough play against Boston tonight to put her on wear her out and/or foul here out.

Hope Feagen steps up again.

Reaction Score
Would love to see us pick up a super Big in the 22/24 classes. By “super” I mean a Wilson /Boston type. Not sure if there are any that we are in on in those two classes. Feagan and Ashlyn are high quality but not “super” - in my eyes.

A "Wilson/Boston" type?" Those are the two best players that you've ever had. That's like a UConn fan looking for a Moore/Stewart type. These players come only once every ten years. If that. But hey, aim for the stars.

Reaction Score
A "Wilson/Boston" type?" Those are the two best players that you've ever had. That's like a UConn fan looking for a Moore/Stewart type. These players come only once every ten years. If that. But hey, aim for the stars.
She came along last year but Stanford got her.

Remember. Boston was “only” ranked #3 in her class.”

The only Big we are in on I’d del Del Rosario who is not Top Ten.

(Not that recruit rankings are the Bible)

Reaction Score

Remains to be seen if Betts is as good as Wilson or Boston. Odds are certainly against it. Because they are that good.

Reaction Score
Amihere and Cardosa out again tonight. I expect a lot of rough play against Boston tonight to put her on wear her out and/or foul here out.

Hope Feagen steps up again.
Has that been reported or are you basing that off the practice pics that the team posted today?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Tiffany Mitchell was only ranked in the 40s coming out of high school and she was a 2 time SEC POTY. Kiki was even lower - in the 60s. I remember I used to get excited when we signed top 100 players; how times have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom