Gamecocks 2022, part III | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I kind of hope we lose to Stanford. This team needs to get hungry again. I think beating all of these top Teams has peaked our expectations a bit to early this season . We really have not been dominant since the Uconn game to be honest. After seeing Zia play against Elon and NC A&T -i knew she would have some struggles... its like the team started coasting after the Uconn. A loss to Stanford would reset all of the focus to -"we are not that good". Missed layups, FT's by role players are not a good thing if we are to maximize bench play.
I don't think they are coasting. I do think the pressure of all these top 10 games is showing but that's how you build mental toughness. That we are beating these teams WITHOUT a PG is an accomplishment that some don't seem to fathom. You all saw how UConn struggled - and we have too but these girls have refused to lose. FTs we need to get better at for sure but let's recognize what's really going on. Losing isn't going to all of a sudden help with free throws.

Reaction Score
i think we're struggling because we don't have Henderson rather than any kind of complacency.

The defense and rebounding have remained dominant.

But a team running Amihere at point vs a packed in zone with Beal and Saxton getting big minutes but not being particularly inclined to take open shots is going to struggle offensively.

Losing Boston would be worse, but Henderson is the next most difficult player for SC to handle being without. Honestly maybe you could make the argument Henderson is harder to replace. I would not but I'd entertain someone else's.

Reaction Score
Coach Staley brings in Gold Medal 'lish" to simulate Haley Jones for the WBB teams Stanford Prep.

1640026739917.png

Reaction Score
ummm.... I think we just tend to have some lazy games during the regular season and it being holiday season and all we just tend to play a little mindless. This is before the time in the season we tend to REALLY get serious. However, this is a revenge game. I could really see some players I KNOW are better than they have been playing come out and shine this week and light Stanford up. If Henney starts, I wouldn't want to be the whatever Stanford is, trees?, birds? archbishops?"

Reaction Score
How on earth you could watch our defense and rebounding and conclude we have lazy nights, I don't know.

We play good teams and we don't have a PG.

Compare Cooke's numbers with Henderson and without and you'll get a good idea of what's going on offensively.

This is the season of injury in WBB, sadly.

Reaction Score
We missed this because it was posted on the other Gamecock Thread.

Apparently after losing out o Emma Risch-ee are now recruiting Chloe Kitts. C/O 23 6ft3 wing. Just played in the Beach Ball classic in South Carolina. Coach Law was there scouting.

Reaction Score
We missed this because it was posted on the other Gamecock Thread.

Apparently after losing out o Emma Risch-ee are now recruiting Chloe Kitts. C/O 23 6ft3 wing. Just played in the Beach Ball classic in South Carolina. Coach Law was there scouting.

Chloe is really good. I know LSU had some coaches there watching as well. She just fills up a stats sheet with ease, scoring and rebounding. Will be a terrific grab for any program, extremely high upside.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Our men's game Wednesday afternoon has been postponed. I took the day off to go.

Reaction Score
The pandemic screwing up a second season with SCar as the favorite would be chef's kiss programming

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The pandemic screwing up a second season with SCar as the favorite would be chef's kiss programming
I don’t care how, a tournament needs to be played. Shut down the crowds. If SC misses out on a shot at another title because of this I will never recover, especially after Stanford got one during the pandemic last season..

Reaction Score
Personally, I think all games (men’s and women’s) should be halted for one month. Then start the conference season anew and have April Madness.

Let this Omicron surge run for about a month then get back to bidness when the spike starts falling.

Reaction Score
I don’t care how, a tournament needs to be played. Shut down the crowds. If SC misses out on a shot at another title because of this I will never recover, especially after Stanford got one during the pandemic last season..
I don't think we are going to see a major shut down like that this year. We may see some games suspended or canceled. I think the surge and wave will run its course by then.

Reaction Score
I’m not worried about a tournament being played one way or another. I’m more worried about a possible championship path being derailed due to key players being out for games because of COVID or worse, if you have a forfeiture much like VCU in last seasons NCAAMT.

This pandemic coinciding with getting such a talented class sometimes feels like the most Gamecock thing. :rolleyes::mad:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Congratulations on the football victory this afternoon. Yall still are Little Carolina , though.. :p

shoe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds