Gamecocks 2022, part III | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm kind of curious if SCar can defend Stanford well enough to beat them without a point guard.

I'm leaning no.

I'm a little worried that Henderson's thing may linger. That would be a crummy way to not win.

Reaction Score
Dawn said she could play in an emergency. I think maybe We will see her next week.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Destanni has been dressed out for the last two games, so I'd expect her for Stanford. I'd love a full house on the 22nd, but on December 22nd it's unlikely.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to the Chickens.... I guess yall wanted all the smoke after all. :oops::(

Good hard fought game, fun atmosphere as well. Boston is an absolute MONSTER ... good gosh.
Man I am praying they put Duke in our NCAA WBB Tourney Bracket..please God!!!

Reaction Score
I kind of hope we lose to Stanford. This team needs to get hungry again. I think beating all of these top Teams has peaked our expectations a bit to early this season . We really have not been dominant since the Uconn game to be honest. After seeing Zia play against Elon and NC A&T -i knew she would have some struggles... its like the team started coasting after the Uconn. A loss to Stanford would reset all of the focus to -"we are not that good". Missed layups, FT's by role players are not a good thing if we are to maximize bench play.

Reaction Score
I kind of hope we lose to Stanford. This team needs to get hungry again. I think beating all of these top Teams has peaked our expectations a bit to early this season . We really have not been dominant since the Uconn game to be honest. After seeing Zia play against Elon and NC A&T -i knew she would have some struggles... its like the team started coasting after the Uconn. A loss to Stanford would reset all of the focus to -"we are not that good". Missed layups, FT's by role players are not a good thing if we are to maximize bench play.
add turnovers.

Reaction Score
One comment from the announcers that stuck out was the feedback on Cardoso from Coach Staley's perspective. To paraphrase, she noted that Cardoso is behind in her development with respect to establishing space (doing the work early).

I was kind of caught off guard by that, but it makes sense when you think about it. In the HS games I was able to see of her, she never really had to. She had flashes during the Americup tournament this summer but she also had her challenges.

It will be interesting to see how this changes as she continues to develop under the SC coaching staff. The idea of Cardoso being better at this in the future is a scary prospect.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Congratulations to the Chickens.... I guess yall wanted all the smoke after all. :oops::(

Good hard fought game, fun atmosphere as well. Boston is an absolute MONSTER ... good gosh.
Good game; Kara will do well in Durham.

Reaction Score
IMO I don’t blame our players for their mishaps these last couple of games. We won and that’s really all that matters. I don’t question their hunger because I know they don’t want to feel how they felt last year. We lost our crispness on offense when Henny went down and teams started resorting to junk defenses because they’re helpless and can’t defend us any other way. Notice how much more minutes our starters have to play with Henny out. With 7 days to reset and Henny likely to return to the court for our Stanford showdown I expect to see a team that’s on fire and ready to roll into the new year 13-0!!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We're not losing to Stanford.

Reaction Score
If we have to lose to anybody:

REMINDER
The touching story behind opponents’ hug amid Final Four elation, heartbreak

Reaction Score
One comment from the announcers that stuck out was the feedback on Cardoso from Coach Staley's perspective. To paraphrase, she noted that Cardoso is behind in her development with respect to establishing space (doing the work early).

I was kind of caught off guard by that, but it makes sense when you think about it. In the HS games I was able to see of her, she never really had to. She had flashes during the Americup tournament this summer but she also had her challenges.

It will be interesting to see how this changes as she continues to develop under the SC coaching staff. The idea of Cardoso being better at this in the future is a scary prospect.
She and Treasure Hunt were on the same HS team, right ? That FBC-HUNT AAU team she was on was loaded also. Olivia Cochrane,Raven Johnson, Treasure Hunt, and Madison Hayes. All McDonalds AA's

Reaction Score
She and Treasure Hunt were on the same HS team, right ? That FBC-HUNT AAU team she was on was loaded also. Olivia Cochrane,Raven Johnson, Treasure Hunt, and Madison Hayes. All McDonalds AA's
That's correct.

Reaction Score

Henderson got hurt vs NC AT. That's a pretty perfect explanation for Cooke's struggles.

Reaction Score
IMO I don’t blame our players for their mishaps these last couple of games. We won and that’s really all that matters. I don’t question their hunger because I know they don’t want to feel how they felt last year. We lost our crispness on offense when Henny went down and teams started resorting to junk defenses because they’re helpless and can’t defend us any other way. Notice how much more minutes our starters have to play with Henny out. With 7 days to reset and Henny likely to return to the court for our Stanford showdown I expect to see a team that’s on fire and ready to roll into the new year 13-0!!

I have an awful hard time understanding some folks who are picking at two relatively comfortable wins against top 15 opponents.

I'm talking about UofSC fans.

Opposing fans are welcome to, though I think few are actually.

We're pretty vulnerable if we have to play the rest of the year without a point guard.

Reaction Score
I have an awful hard time understanding some folks who are picking at two relatively comfortable wins against top 15 opponents.

I'm talking about UofSC fans.

Opposing fans are welcome to, though I think few are actually.

We're pretty vulnerable if we have to play the rest of the year without a point guard.
I am gonna keep picking at free throws until we shoot 75% in big games.

I assume Dawn will too.

Reaction Score
I am gonna keep picking at free throws until we shoot 75% in big games.

I assume Dawn will too.
Did you know one year she brought in a hypnotist to help with Free Throws. Think it was 2014-2015

Reaction Score
The WBB posters finally getting photographed. Looks like they’re going to be fierce.

Reaction Score
I’m not terribly worried about the team offensively. Dawn’s teams, health willing, typically get better as the season progresses particularly from the free throw and 3pt lines. Destanni returning will be big in that area. I wish Dawn would use Destiny more. For the most part, she’s played well and provided some timely buckets from deep in the limited time she’s played.

Still not sold on LA at PG. I wish Eniya had gotten more experience at the position. I just feel she has the potential to be effective at the position. She’s shown me moments that make me think she can do the job, but Dawn is far better suited than I in knowing the make up of a good PG so I’ll stay in my lane on that.

Lastly, I hope we go undefeated. I don’t think the one loss in ‘19 did anything to course correct tha team, and I don’t think this squad needs a loss to get their attention going forward. Stanford though is a squad I’m deeply worried about who could no doubt hand USC their first L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84

Top Bottom