Gamecocks 2022, Part II | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The idea of a Barker/Feagin combo at the SF/PF spot is very enticing in the post-Boston/Amihere era.

And a Barker/Feagin/Cardoso combo at the SF/PF/C spots???
love0030.gif
love0041.gif

Reaction Score
I don't see Barker at SF personally, but I guess we haven't been getting much stretch out of the position anyway.

Reaction Score
I don't see Barker at SF personally, but I guess we haven't been getting much stretch out of the position anyway.
Maybe because she is 6ft4 and the perception is that she is a post because of her height ? . IMO -this is the greatest area of WBB player development tin the last 5 years. Tall women with guard skills who are not automatically back to the basket old skool post players. If you watch her AAU and USA Basketball clips-she can play on the perimeter and has the outside shot to thrive at the position. I think Coach will play her as a big Guard also..if she comes to SCar.

Reaction Score
@Gamecocksfan77. Were you @ Carolina during the Pam Parson years ? If not for the scandal and her termination (rightfully so);we would have had a significant Womens Basketball program to rival Tennessee in the 80s and 90s IMO.

Coach Wilson for whatever reason never put much emphasis on SC Public School kids. I went to a single A High School in Orangeburg County that sent 1 player to UGA and 1 to Missouri during Coach Wilson's tenure. I know for a fact USC did not recruit them with vigor. Then we started loosing all SCar kids to neighboring schools like UNC , UT and UGA .

When Walvius came in [btw she now owns a runs a very successful company], she had an impossible task but showed it could be done as she made the elite 8 when SCar kids transferred back [Geter and Gortman)

Reaction Score
@Gamecocksfan77. Were you @ Carolina during the Pam Parson years ? If not for the scandal and her termination (rightfully so);we would have had a significant Womens Basketball program to rival Tennessee in the 80s and 90s IMO.

Coach Wilson for whatever reason never put much emphasis on SC Public School kids. I went to a single A High School in Orangeburg County that sent 1 player to UGA and 1 to Missouri during Coach Wilson's tenure. I know for a fact USC did not recruit them with vigor. Then we started loosing all SCar kids to neighboring schools like UNC , UT and UGA .

When Walvius came in [btw she now owns a runs a very successful company], she had an impossible task but showed it could be done as she made the elite 8 when SCar kids transferred back [Geter and Gortman)
I doubt the Parson's scandal would even cause raised eyebrows today. But let's not get into sociopolitics.

Reaction Score
I doubt the Parson's scandal would even cause raised eyebrows today. But let's not get into sociopolitics.
It would have I think. ..back then the same sex component of the scandal was taboo but as you pointed out-it would not raise an eyebrow today. However, the affair happened with a current player on her team (that is an issue in any era of conduct). As fate would have it btw, she and Tina Buck are still together living in Atlanta last I heard. Same issue happened at LSU with Pokey Chatman (sp?) I believe-player coach involvement.

Reaction Score
Maybe because she is 6ft4 and the perception is that she is a post because of her height ? . IMO -this is the greatest area of WBB player development tin the last 5 years. Tall women with guard skills who are not automatically back to the basket old skool post players. If you watch her AAU and USA Basketball clips-she can play on the perimeter and has the outside shot to thrive at the position. I think Coach will play her as a big Guard also..if she comes to SCar.
No because I've watched her play and that's my opinion.

can she drive as a four and hit face up shots? Sure.

That's what makes her a potentially great four.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I was at Carolina during the Walvius up cycle.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Serious question for the chicken fans. How the heck has yall football team won three games? Yall making Tennessee look like 2001 Miami.

Reaction Score
Serious question for the chicken fans. How the heck has yall football team won three games? Yall making Tennessee look like 2001 Miami.
I remember on time when a P-5 with a major basketball reputation lost a WOMEN’s BASKETBALL game 89-46.

Reaction Score
While we’re off topic, let me make notice we have a pretty talented freshman women’s tennis player here at USC. Sarah Hamner won the Intercollegiate Tennis Association All-American Championship this morning. Every few days I get tweets with her upsetting NCAA opponents ranked in the top 50 so she’s off to a pretty hot start. Just someone to pay attention to during her time in Columbia and possibly someday on the WTA tour. She participated in the juniors tournament at this year’s US Open (lost her 1st round match).

Reaction Score

Gortman was never a transfer. She played 4 years at SC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Since we are talking about WBB in this thread.... when is the SEC Media Day?

I remember on time when a P-5 with a major basketball reputation lost a WOMEN’s BASKETBALL game 89-46.

1) I have no idea what you are talking about
2) You don't need to post anything about that game
3) Whoever played in that game in the past.. that's the past. Lets focus on the 2021-22 Season.

Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Media day will be virtual. What an absolute crock.

That's odd. The ACC has media day in Charlotte at the Marriott Downtown... Tuesday for the Men's.. and Wednesday for the Women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom